XPO | put in app today and was asked to come back tomorrow

Yes indeed I have done that. I went to the terminal, asked for the terminal manager (who wouldn't see me)...Asked if I had a class A. Communicating through the dispatcher, he turns and says "yes he does." TM told him (to tell me) to fill out an application. Dispatcher told him I did. TM said "We're not doing anything right now."

Several people have told me they ARE hiring in Neville Island and need another driver....Irwin had an ad on Hot Jobs....I am getting frustrated and very impatient......I want to work, damn it!:furious:
Don't get mad, we already employ enough mad people.

The TM may already have some else in mind. Call back in a couple of weeks and do try the Irwin terminal again.

Also, we have a terminal at Clearfield PA.

Don't get mad, we already employ enough mad people.

The TM may already have some else in mind. Call back in a couple of weeks and do try the Irwin terminal again.

Also, we have a terminal at Clearfield PA.

I have an "inside" guy there who is helping me in Neville Island. Hurt himself and is on light duty....He said to call him every week or so and check in. Do I call Irwin, or how does that work?

I suppose I can go there to do a paper app if need be, but they said in the ad to email resumes to the person....

I have so many apps in so many places that it is becoming frustrating to sit around and wait.

I have an "inside" guy there who is helping me in Neville Island. Hurt himself and is on light duty....He said to call him every week or so and check in. Do I call Irwin, or how does that work?

I suppose I can go there to do a paper app if need be, but they said in the ad to email resumes to the person....

I have so many apps in so many places that it is becoming frustrating to sit around and wait.

That's up to you. I would at least send a follow up email or letter.

I have and will continue to check in. I am sooooo tired of waiting. Sitting around sucks. A guy at CT told me "Give me a day or two" referring to pulling apps. A day or two feels like an eternity.
Just move to Dallas, they have plenty of temp. positions and those guys are making $15/hr. (and loving it, because they have a job):nutkick:

how much exp

just curious howmuch exp does conway require as far as driving experience..I have about 2 months OTR and a former Dhl driver ,,fork lift , straight truck exp etc...

just curious howmuch exp does conway require as far as driving experience..I have about 2 months OTR and a former Dhl driver ,,fork lift , straight truck exp etc...

I am in the chicago land area....

depends on which terminal in chicagoland and the need of drivers. If your driving record is spotless as well as your personal record I dont see why they would not give you a look. I suggest trying. It will not hurt to apply.

Make sure you have your endorsements ON your license at the time you apply! Some companies allow you to have a paper from the state indicating you took and passed hazmat and that your fingerprints are being run....Con-Way doesn't. Make sure the endorsement is on your license.