XPO | q2 profit

Don't know what fairy tale world you're living in, but my bonus last year was $500, as was most who work out of my SIC. Guaranteed I'd take it, I'll take whatever I can get, since they don't seem interested in giving out much.
It's based on how much you made. We have a lot of work at our place

I would never recommend that someone stay someplace where they are not happy. Employment at will is a two way street, and good jobs seem to be easy to find in your area, so maybe it's time?

Or maybe it's time for the company to start respecting the efforts of ALL drivers, in every area of the country, not just some, and respect the time of ALL drivers, not just a few. I know that might cause them to start cutting back in other ways to make up for paying us guys in the South what we deserve and that might cut into your sweet deal, but hey if you ever got unhappy because of it, I guess employment is a two-way street and you could look elsewhere if you weren't happy...

Or maybe it's time for the company to start respecting the efforts of ALL drivers, in every area of the country, not just some, and respect the time of ALL drivers, not just a few. I know that might cause them to start cutting back in other ways to make up for paying us guys in the South what we deserve and that might cut into your sweet deal, but hey if you ever got unhappy because of it, I guess employment is a two-way street and you could look elsewhere if you weren't happy...

They won't cut anything but our take. This company is owned by big business now. Your employees are not an asset. They are a liability.

The turn over here is incredible. We are all always looking. Any day could be your last day. Be prepared.

You know. You can do anything you want, your last day. Right ?

highspeeds said:
They won't cut anything but our take. This company is owned by big business now. Your employees are not an asset. They are a liability.

The turn over here is incredible. We are all always looking. Any day could be your last day. Be prepared.

You know. You can do anything you want, your last day. Right ?

Haha! I'm not sure if you even know how true those words really are. Especially the part about any day could be your last day. What an monumental waste of my time this place has been. It's a damn shame it's nothing but a paycheck anymore.

I certainly could. Or, I could whine about how bad my life is.

I don't think I would choose to whine.

Haha! I'm not sure if you even know how true those words really are. Especially the part about any day could be your last day. What an monumental waste of my time this place has been. It's a damn shame it's nothing but a paycheck anymore.

Not a waste for me. I have made the best of it. Bought a house. Two brand new cars. You are a slave to the grind. You get paid. Take the money. But it is exactly a paycheck and nothing more. No retirement. Benefits are crap. Job security doesn't exist. If you go to the doctor for anything and miss work, it is a strike. I have never worked anywhere that punished you for going to the doctor for treatment. Amazing. It's hard to believe this is America sometimes.

And I am always looking. I have a retail background. And I am no bullspit considering going to the local store and stocking shelves at night. The health care is actually better. It costs more as a percentage of pay. But only because you make so much less. 70K at con-way, 30K at the store. But I got a short night the other morning. And I met the wife after her shift at talked to some of them folks. They are getting older. I remember a lot of them. I used to work there. They are having health issues. And they have no complaints. I am getting older too. This meaning more and more to me every day. Especially when I see and hear the old timers having to fight and even sue for health care here.

There are moments in our lives when we realize life isn't a job.

I've managed to accumulate my fair share too as far as houses and toys go but in the end after all these years I would have been better off somewhere else. I'm old and worn out now and when I need the insurance the most they have kicked me to the curb. Beware of Cigna.

Not a waste for me. I have made the best of it. Bought a house. Two brand new cars. You are a slave to the grind. You get paid. Take the money. But it is exactly a paycheck and nothing more. I am getting older too.

I've managed to accumulate my fair share too as far as houses and toys go

That is why I am still here. I don't know how to do anything else but drive a truck. I could quit and go to FredX and make a little more per hour and pay a little less for benefits but to do that would mean giving up all of my stipes, becoming a bottomfeeder again, and putting up with even more corperate BS. It is what it is I guess. I like MY BARN, I like MY CUSTOMERS, I like MY BOSSES for the most part, but the bigger the company gets, the less I like it. I miss CWX.