XPO | Quarterly report

Blue67

TB Veteran
Credits
Does anyone know when the 2nd Q statement is coming out? Haven't heard anything and was just wondering.

Our scm said we would get our 401k back(when O/R goal is met) but it would probaly take us looseing drivers to other companys before we got our 5% back.This is strictly his opinion , not fact.

i'd rather get the vacation back because how the hell are you supposed to survive without taking a day off and earning what little time per week they alloted. I also dont like the idea of burrowing days on credit. The 401k is great too it's like free money, but we still get the 3% (not the match) company contribution so it's not that bad.

I dont see why they cant give us both back since we are even busier than last year at this time.

i'd rather get the vacation back because how the hell are you supposed to survive without taking a day off and earning what little time per week they alloted. I also dont like the idea of burrowing days on credit. The 401k is great too it's like free money, but we still get the 3% (not the match) company contribution so it's not that bad.

I dont see why they cant give us both back since we are even busier than last year at this time.

Being busy doesn't mean we are making money. Have you seen some of the discounts we are giving some of our customers?:nutkick:

Being busy doesn't mean we are making money. Have you seen some of the discounts we are giving some of our customers?:nutkick:

your right. Maybe since yellow is doing all these paycuts which in turn leads to being able to give discounts to shippers, sometimes not even turning a profit and just to keep market share, then we are all in a race to the bottom.

lower pay standard for the industry and me as an employee, and lower shipping rates for customers. But will it trickle down to cheaper goods and services for me as a consumer?

You're correct. Originally it was the 401K, but they were looking for preferences. Hopefully, we'll get one of them back. Personally, I'd like the 401K.

I was also thinking I would rather have the 401 back also, but the more I think about it if they give back the pay I can move part or all of it to the 401,giving me more control of whats mine

Well I think we would be better off not hauling the cheap frieght.....If they are hauling for free why bother.....Then pile claims on top of no profit....isnt that what played a big part of cf closing

your right. Maybe since yellow is doing all these paycuts which in turn leads to being able to give discounts to shippers, sometimes not even turning a profit and just to keep market share, then we are all in a race to the bottom.

lower pay standard for the industry and me as an employee, and lower shipping rates for customers. But will it trickle down to cheaper goods and services for me as a consumer?

Your thinking is accurate, but YRC isn't using the concessions to keep market share by lowering rates...everyone has some big discounts out there right now for special customers, but I know we aren't playing price wars with anyone right now...I just said goodbye to a 50,000 lb a day customer because Saia and Old Dominion came in at what would have been the equivalent of a 91% discount...we had drawn the line at 83%...customer was really upset to lose us as his carrier (National Account) and couldn't believe we weren't willing to stretch for him...I told him to give me a call when he figured out how to discount HIS products at 91% and still make a profit..

YRC would be shooting themselves in the foot and defeating the whole process of the concessions by using them to lower rates...Even Zollars is aware of that..They need to be paying down debt with that money, nothing else..

Seems like we are all in a race to the bottom. Has anyone else noticed an increase in um how do I say this gently.....less than desireable freight? Damages? Some of this stuff lately has been so bad we lost money when it was picked up. Do the P&D drivers have the ability to screen freight? I mean if it is poorly packaged why even take a chance on a claim? When I did the P&D thing there never really was anything questionable. I guess certain regions of the country must produce more junk freight than others.

Your thinking is accurate, but YRC isn't using the concessions to keep market share by lowering rates...everyone has some big discounts out there right now for special customers, but I know we aren't playing price wars with anyone right now...I just said goodbye to a 50,000 lb a day customer because Saia and Old Dominion came in at what would have been the equivalent of a 91% discount...we had drawn the line at 83%...customer was really upset to lose us as his carrier (National Account) and couldn't believe we weren't willing to stretch for him...I told him to give me a call when he figured out how to discount HIS products at 91% and still make a profit..

YRC would be shooting themselves in the foot and defeating the whole process of the concessions by using them to lower rates...Even Zollars is aware of that..They need to be paying down debt with that money, nothing else..

Don`t worry BB, you will get the customer back after the two handle it and %$6* it up.