XPO | Question #2 for Management!

B

Bankrupt

1st, let me thank you Management! for participating thus far.

Question #2;

Am sure you'll agree that most believe that good leaders lead by example. What kind of example are you trying to set when RMs can commit a crime and/or steal time in a company car and retain such a high profile and influential position? Lowly drivers are typically terminated for much less. Additionally what message do you think is perceived when Conway promotes fitness and diet yet our very own Dave M blatantly demonstrates that these attributes do not apply to him? This is not about our core values but simply management's approach to leadership.

However, am sure you can sense these questions go much deeper than the specifics stated.

Thank you in advance for your response.

1st, let me thank you Management! for participating thus far.

Question #2;

Am sure you'll agree that most believe that good leaders lead by example. What kind of example are you trying to set when RMs can commit a crime and/or steal time in a company car and retain such a high profile and influential position? Lowly drivers are typically terminated for much less. Additionally what message do you think is perceived when Conway promotes fitness and diet yet our very own Dave M blatantly demonstrates that these attributes do not apply to him? This is not about our core values but simply management's approach to leadership.

However, am sure you can sense these questions go much deeper than the specifics stated.

Thank you in advance for your response.

There are several heavyweights up there in that level...when i went to xgo many years ago...i was sort of shocked at the amount of tonnage walking around there...through the years especially with that official conway propoganda magazine "Milemarker" or whatever it was called, i used to get a kick out of the heavyweights in upper management..clearly not a practice what you preach situation...chances are they get a reduction in health insurance costs for promoting healthier life styles...i realize this is steering from the point of your post but it is an observation i have made...cut through the chase, yep, they do not practice what the preach...there is no lead by example, they are terminally stuck in the " do as i say or you're out the door" mode...and for that they suck.:soapbox:

Why was weightloss surgery cut from the insurance? Isn't it cheaper to pay one time for the surgery than to pay for years of high BP medication, diabetes, worn out knees/hips and a host of other ailments caused by being overweight. I could look up the information but I'm sure it's widely known that diet/exercise doesn't stick for most.
And no, it's not 'cheating' to have surgery due to the fact that a whole new lifestyle of eating has to be followed.

Con-Way got a "beef" against fat truck drivers???I sometimes think that is a requirement to drive a truck...:biglaugh:

Con-Way got a "beef" against fat truck drivers???I sometimes think that is a requirement to drive a truck...:biglaugh:
You`ve got us all wrong here, Conway wants drivers in good shape to cut costs. Lower insurance costs = higher ICP payout ( or thats what they tell us) Now what about that starting a flex guy early sending him on a run, didn`t get his proper rest. One accident compares to how many copays? I guess this is question #3

I had visions of Management! answering question #2 in such a manner that would leave no doubt that he's a straight shooter. That he does not avoid the difficult question and answers them without sugar coatings and sticky bull crap. So he either doesn't like the questions or he's out of the office on some pressing biz.

I had visions of Management! answering question #2 in such a manner that would leave no doubt that he's a straight shooter. That he does not avoid the difficult question and answers them without sugar coatings and sticky bull crap. So he either doesn't like the questions or he's out of the office on some pressing biz.

Umm..yeah, thats obviously what the problem is...:1036316054:

looks like management has left the board

Nah...he/she is undercover now trying to put the log in names with terminals, develop any similarities, identify any clues to try and find out who each of us are so he can go back up the chain as say "hey look what I found, can i be a manager again"...afterall he/she did state i believe i saw, that they were a former member of management...

Nah...he/she is undercover now trying to put the log in names with terminals, develop any similarities, identify any clues to try and find out who each of us are so he can go back up the chain as say "hey look what I found, can i be a manager again"...afterall he/she did state i believe i saw, that they were a former member of management...

Yeah, I saw that too. Probably just another cubicle rat trying to sound important. I've noticed a few of them come and go. I like the ones that try to look like drivers by purposely misspelling words so they look like a "stupid truckdriver".

Yeah, I saw that too. Probably just another cubicle rat trying to sound important. I've noticed a few of them come and go. I like the ones that try to look like drivers by purposely misspelling words so they look like a "stupid truckdriver".

Seen that too. Truckingboard members are pretty good at spotting the posers.

I think most management are afraid to post there thoughts. They are probably told to stay away from posting in here and to just read.
The ones that do post become one hit wonders and never return again.

I bet some of them are biting their tongues and wishing they could rip us all a new purple starfish hole in here.

I really hope management! returns and is legit. I doubt he will ever reveal his/her identity.

xgo is all over this board. some pretend. some dont bother. they're here. and thats why i have said do not post personal information. tractor numbers, sic codes, linehaul runs. dont think it goes unnoticed. i was told by an old timer when i started, that when you start here they put a dot on your back. every year you get a raise they paint another ring around the dot. by the time you get to top rate you have a full blown bullseye right on your back. dont come on here and paint another ring on it by using your name or terminal or any other identifying information.

I like the ones that try to look like drivers by purposely misspelling words so they look like a "stupid truckdriver".
Are you ensinuating that just becase were all a bunch of truck divers we are gramericaly ignorent? I take grate prid in proff reading my posts. I chaleng enyone to find one singl mispeled word in anything I hav posted! I am not just another run of the mile deralick truker. I have skils.

You give them too much credit.

Are you ensinuating that just becase were all a bunch of truck divers we are gramericaly ignorent? I take grate prid in proff reading my posts. I chaleng enyone to find one singl mispeled word in anything I hav posted! I am not just another run of the mile deralick truker. I have skils.
Did yoo learn all them fancy werds in kolage?