XPO | Question for Quick Learner

reminds me of a little nik nak my grandmother had of three monkeys. hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. :mfight:

No...i guess we seem to forget that there are different types of management jobs...one may be a manager of a selected unit within a company...overseeing a certain aspect manages a specific group of people, and that selected unit could be anything like the computer dudes...or the maintenance people...how many times have we had the director guy of maintenance come to XHR and we all watched in all as our TM scrambled to put his butt through the hoop trying to give the big facade to him....i always thought it was funny...but in reality, the director guy from maintenance probably isnt there to catch our TM doing stuff wrong but more in line with what he is director of...now of course everyone knows he will return to XGO and people will ask him questions and he will relate what he had seen...

i do believe this is what this quicklearner person person is talking about...of course i could be wrong...

I am not endorsing trying to catch someone with their proverbial hand in the cookie jar with their pants down peeing on the floor, rather to show up when things are operating "normally" and not tweaked to impress the observer.
I don't want to see people embarassed or put on the spot, but I'd like for those that get the VIP treatment to get the reality treatment.
I've experienced both types of scenarios played out when I was in the Army. Often durring a training exercise, the "Brass" would show up and observe. Some would do so quietly, others would try to take over and show the young officer how it is "supposed" to be done. The ones that had the biggest impact on me jumped in and helped and offered advice without being overbearing. I once had a General fill in for my radio operator. That was humbling and impressive.
All I am suggesting is come to the operation and jump in and help. You'll learn a lot more than arriving to trumpets and red carpet.

I am not endorsing trying to catch someone with their proverbial hand in the cookie jar with their pants down peeing on the floor, rather to show up when things are operating "normally" and not tweaked to impress the observer.
I don't want to see people embarassed or put on the spot, but I'd like for those that get the VIP treatment to get the reality treatment.
I've experienced both types of scenarios played out when I was in the Army. Often durring a training exercise, the "Brass" would show up and observe. Some would do so quietly, others would try to take over and show the young officer how it is "supposed" to be done. The ones that had the biggest impact on me jumped in and helped and offered advice without being overbearing. I once had a General fill in for my radio operator. That was humbling and impressive.
All I am suggesting is come to the operation and jump in and help. You'll learn a lot more than arriving to trumpets and red carpet.

Thanks Bigsqueez . I agree with you. However, for now I am calling the TM before I show, and thus I get the red carpet treatment. In the future I plan to make more frequent visits and the VIP treatment should fade. Maybe I should take a page out of the ol’ General’s book and grab a pallet jack next time I am there. Maybe I would see and hear some reality by rolling up my sleeves and getting dirty. If you see a TM with his jaw on the floor I may have visited his terminal. :biglaugh: