TForce | Question for safety trainers

Yeah this winter is great in upstate New York.
My brother lives in Colorado and they've been very low on water the last few years.
Their water supply comes from the run offs of the mountains.
He asked me to pray with him for more water around his area.
God answers prayer,they are really getting hammered with snow lately.
They should have plenty of water this next year.
I live by Lake Ontario,thats our water supply.
So if it doesn't snow the rest of the winter,no big deal,theres a lot of water in the Lake,we get enough rain to make sure of that.
If global warming means mild winters in the north east.
It works for me,I don't think any of us will really be effected by global warming for the next million years.
Of course the snow mobilers,and skiers aren't to happy about our winter so far.
Oh well thats life,you can't please everyone.

Theres a salt mine,about 40 miles south of Rochester thats had to lay of 2/3 of there workers because the counties around our area doesn't need any road salt like other snowy years.
The people that have really made out so far this season,is the snow plow contractors.
They get paid up front at the begining of every winter season to plow out parking lots,and driveways.
I used to pay that way to get my drive way plowed,but the last two seasons I've only paid by the trip.
Last year my guy only plowed twice,this winter I haven't needed it plowed once so far.
The thing I like the best,is not slipping,and sliding on our roads doing my route.

I would like you guy's to do some research as to why we are still fighting the old "O" routine when it comes to rear drive tires in the winter time. I am sick of begging for new tires every winter. I have called the safety dept. many times regarding this. And they feel that they are well within the DOT regulations by keeping the tires on untill they reach 4/32" Well thats fine if you are in a state where it does not snow. Yes there is some tread left. But not enough to be driving in the snow safely. These tires could be used for dolly's and trailers. Is this part of the new safety program. I think not. Safety is still a joke in this company. Yes, they preach safety and then it ends there. I am big on safety. I would not even think about being part of this safety training program. How embarrasing, What a joke! We will take the chance of Injury or killing someone and the very expensive results of equiptment and freight damage, But what the heck, We got 5000 more miles out of those tires.

Sad to say but alot of this is true. At my barn they are good about taking care of issues like this. But I think it should be on a national scale instead of being a good thing at a couple terminals.

Did anyone read the article in the upsf magazine? (Winter rerouting of twin trailers sought for Connecticut roads.) The Motor Transport Association of Connecticut And the State Department of Transportation Has requested the voluntary rerouting of twin trailers during snow storms. The Connecticut DOT says sections of Interstate 84 have experienced higher than average problems with twin trailers in snowy or icy conditions in the strech between Danbury & Waterbury and also Vernon and the Ma. State line. Some twins has problems climbing the hills in these areas. ConnDot says this makes it difficult for snow clearing and emergency operations.
First off I would like to say that there are two factors to this problem.
#1) Connecticut needs to take care of these areas and all there roads better than they have in the past. Waiting for the snow to build up and then laying down a little sand on the roads is not working.
#2) Each terminal should pay a little more attention to the weights of our lead trailers in these snowy conditions. And most of all, WHERE THE HELL ARE MY NEW DRIVE TIRES?
Now, I have scene Conn. try this in the past and it did not work. Voluntary just does not work. I would love to see the state of Conn. Shut down its highways to twins in these conditions. This would make it real easy for the company to make up its mind weather we are going to run in these conditions or not. Allthough it could be along ride all the way out I90. In short I just asume stay home! all the odds are against us in these snowy conditions.

http://tailofthedragon.com/dragon_trucks.htm

Heres a road in the Tenn., that would be hard to use in the winter for any trucking company.
I'm not sure this site will work or not?
I tryed to copy,and paste it from the Watering Whole forum,on these truckingboards.
If it doesn't work you can just skroll to that forum and click on it.
If you do go there you can read about a wild ride I had a few years ago on post #4 on this thread.
I thought these pictures are interesting.
I'm very happy to be a city driver after seeing what road drivers have to deal with.

I just tryed to click on this site,and it didn't work,so you'll just have to go to the Watering Whole for the Tail of the Dragon thread posted by RedRollingRoadblock if you want to see these pictures.

http://tailofthedragon.com/dragon_trucks.htm

Heres a road in the Tenn., that would be hard to use in the winter for any trucking company.
I'm not sure this site will work or not?
I tryed to copy,and paste it from the Watering Whole forum,on these truckingboards.
If it doesn't work you can just skroll to that forum and click on it.
If you do go there you can read about a wild ride I had a few years ago on post #4 on this thread.
I thought these pictures are interesting.
I'm very happy to be a city driver after seeing what road drivers have to deal with.

I just tryed to click on this site,and it didn't work,so you'll just have to go to the Watering Whole for the Tail of the Dragon thread posted by RedRollingRoadblock if you want to see these pictures.

I just checked that site out. From the pictures I would say these roads are difficult any time of the year. Allthough a set of pups would do much better than a 48' or 53' van.

Those pictures just go to show all of us city drivers that running the road in some parts of our great nation isn't all fun,and games.
After seeing the stuff you roadys have to deal with.
I'm very thankful for making less,and being in my nice warm bed on winter nights,rather than sitting in a tractor trying to see between the snow flakes.

We all may be truckers for a living,but we are from two complete different worlds.

Can I hear a big 10-4 drivers?

Those pictures just go to show all of us city drivers that running the road in some parts of our great nation isn't all fun,and games.
After seeing the stuff you roadys have to deal with.
I'm very thankful for making less,and being in my nice warm bed on winter nights,rather than sitting in a tractor trying to see between the snow flakes.

We all may be truckers for a living,but we are from two complete different worlds.

Can I hear a big 10-4 drivers?

That's why they pay us the big bucks,APO ! Not all fun and games as a line haul driver.

Did anyone read the article in the upsf magazine? (Winter rerouting of twin trailers sought for Connecticut roads.) The Motor Transport Association of Connecticut And the State Department of Transportation Has requested the voluntary rerouting of twin trailers during snow storms. The Connecticut DOT says sections of Interstate 84 have experienced higher than average problems with twin trailers in snowy or icy conditions in the strech between Danbury & Waterbury and also Vernon and the Ma. State line. Some twins has problems climbing the hills in these areas. ConnDot says this makes it difficult for snow clearing and emergency operations.
First off I would like to say that there are two factors to this problem.
#1) Connecticut needs to take care of these areas and all there roads better than they have in the past. Waiting for the snow to build up and then laying down a little sand on the roads is not working.
#2) Each terminal should pay a little more attention to the weights of our lead trailers in these snowy conditions. And most of all, WHERE THE HELL ARE MY NEW DRIVE TIRES?
Now, I have scene Conn. try this in the past and it did not work. Voluntary just does not work. I would love to see the state of Conn. Shut down its highways to twins in these conditions. This would make it real easy for the company to make up its mind weather we are going to run in these conditions or not. Allthough it could be along ride all the way out I90. In short I just asume stay home! all the odds are against us in these snowy conditions.

Now the way I see it is , CONN. is the problem ( and the co. of coarse). Now this just maybe my ignorence but why can't the co.'ies in question petition the state for better rd. maintenance in winter storms?

Now the way I see it is , CONN. is the problem ( and the co. of coarse). Now this just maybe my ignorence but why can't the co.'ies in question petition the state for better rd. maintenance in winter storms?

It seems as though the road maintenance plows do not come out in full force untill just before the morning rush hour. Also another problem with the areas that the article speaks of is that they are watershed areas and do not use any salt in those areas. Unfortunatly those areas are some pretty big,long pulls. (hills)

One more problem to add, CT state officials and politicians have been under fire for years now, Corruption, My guess, pocketing alot of the road maintenance money.