XPO | Questions for Management!

B

Bankrupt

We've got a new guy that goes by Management! and I would like to ask him a question.....Well a whole lot of questions. I am really curious as to whether he can answer them without the BS or if he is even willing to answer them at all.

But first, I would take this opportunity to welcome Management! to Truckingboards.com.
:ShakeHandsNah:​

OK, now the first question;

Why is the company policy book not being made available to us peons?

Thank you for the warm welcome.....to answer your first question concerning policy manuals, it is simply a matter of cost. Currently alot of things are changing, so the book would not be accurate. Let me remind all that you can view the policy manual at any time...simply ask your TM.

Thank you for the warm welcome.....to answer your first question concerning policy manuals, it is simply a matter of cost. Currently alot of things are changing, so the book would not be accurate. Let me remind all that you can view the policy manual at any time...simply ask your TM.

Surely you gest. Cost? You cannot come to a better answer then that? That is the silliest thing I have heard in a very long time. As a corporate entity in America, Conway has the obligation to have available at anytime the policy in which it dictates guidelines for its employees. This is without regards to when the TM is available for viewing it.

Conway keeps the personal manual well out of the everyday stiffs hands to promote ignorance to the rules in which they enforce. If we know what our boundaries are, Conway cannot surprise us. This is an upper hand Conway management has always and will continue to maintain. Not to mention as sorta mentioned earlier, they would also have to follow the same rules. If those rules are not published and 90 percent of the workers do not know exactly their boundaries, the more better off management is.

You are a sad individual is you promote this type of management technique.

Most people who have a question just ask....maybe you have not...seems like you are updating your policy manual right here on the boards. Call me and I will answer any question you have. Also, hit spellcheck (F7) before you reply, helps you out.right.

Most people who have a question just ask....maybe you have not...seems like you are updating your policy manual right here on the boards. Call me and I will answer any question you have. Also, hit spellcheck (F7) before you reply, helps you out.right.

Spelling is not an issue and has no bearing on this or any thread on this board...if you had any knowledge of management practices you would know not to judge on the delivery method but focus on the message itself...

Someone could call you, and someone could call another DSR and ask the same question...then someone could call another member of management and get a different answer...apparently you are not connecting the dots here as to the foundation of this issue, and therefore are very likely to climb the corporate ladder, as this is what conway seems to like at its upper level of management...

Well, welcome to the boards and good luck. As you can see we don't hold much back. I do have a question. It was on another thread but I don't believe you answered it. How far up the food chain are you. Do you have a title or who do you report to?

I believe everyone who has ever had a gripe on here knows they can view the policy manual on line.
The issue is that their terminal manager makes it tough to get that request accomplished.

• 20 questions on why they want to see it.
  • Some stand right over the employees head, "sighing a big sigh" and making it seem the employee is using up their valuable email time.

You see, they make the policy manual appear to be a BIG SECRET.
So if you are indeed a member of management, make a note to have it explained in your communications meetings.

....You will have better informed employees who know the rules and can play by them.

Why is the "Holy Grail" not available through the employee portal? You have to be an EMPLOYEE to log on there, so it would only make sense to put it there, especially since we are being encouraged to become more self sufficient, self reliant and self servicing through the portal. Cost would be minimal and updates or CHANGES easy to perform.

I believe everyone who has ever had a gripe on here knows they can view the policy manual on line.
The issue is that their terminal manager makes it tough to get that request accomplished.

• 20 questions on why they want to see it.
  • Some stand right over the employees head, "sighing a big sigh" and making it seem the employee is using up their valuable email time.

You see, they make the policy manual appear to be a BIG SECRET.
So if you are indeed a member of management, make a note to have it explained in your communications meetings.

....You will have better informed employees who know the rules and can play by them.

You know I think that is possibly the core issue...if i come back from a LH on say saturday with a question in my mind or whatever, i want to look it up. And while i am looking that question up, another question may pop into my mind i would like to research...or maybe just for craps and grins, i just want to read a little of it as about the only thing that president dude who goes by the name of Bill C. ever stated, "knowledge is power"...

I honestly believe after my time and experiences with conway that there are two strong reasons for not having this available 24/7...
1) under the current method it is far easier to cover the misgiving tracks of a spiteful or otherwise negatively impacting manager when dealing with personnel issues by not allowing the employees to know exactly what is condoned and what is not at all levels of employment,

and 2) as has been mentioned over and over...with a published set of rules, everyone has to follow the same game plan...not when it is only convenient.

Some additional thoughts on this would cite Miranda vs. Arizona, a landmark case which now ensures our constitutionally gauranteed right of protection from self incrimination...the courts found that up to the Miranda case, Americans were not being advised of their rights consistantly and thoroughly, most notably, the right to legal representation and protection from self-incrimination. The issues had never been risen before to the higher court level, but the lawyers representing Miranda rose it and it was clear that people in America were having their rights stepped on and pushed aside, oh much like George B. that president person we have now is doing with the Patriots Act and related illegal (yet to be demonstrated) Acts in which he has empowered.

So with that extremely long and potentially boring post I close with this, what you do not know will and usually does hurt you. Management knows this and management will do everything they can to always maintain the upper hand in these matters....why? Who knows, when you have to stoop to these levels such as conway has and will most likely continue to do, that doesnt say an entirely good thing about your company...I think pre-Dave M :last conway was less prone to these types of tactics...more prevelant now, and I think John L. will be a turning point in this area as well, a turning point for the good of all levels of employees within the company...we can only hope.

REMINDER

Follow the rules and debate maturely!

A fine reminder indeed...thank you for this pre-advance notice..they are the best as I do not get into trouble...

BTW, i was finished with that person anyways and there could really be no further informative discussion at this point. Have a great, no wait, Con-way day.

A fine reminder indeed...thank you for this pre-advance notice..they are the best as I do not get into trouble...

BTW, i was finished with that person anyways and there could really be no further informative discussion at this point. Have a great, no wait, Con-way day.

10-4! :smilie_132:
It's only going to get better in here.
Soon as the phone calls and emails start flowing.... more people will be logging in and viewing this potentially juicy stuff!

We,the people who run the customer's freight not need to write or spell like college dummies but to drive and care for them who created us and maintaining the right track of customer/driver relationship who care for what we do best and not for the dollar amount they teach you in college.We are freight operators who pay for your salary and keep you in college to learn how to spell and not how to drive a semi.

We,the people who run the customer's freight not need to write or spell like college dummies but to drive and care for them who created us and maintaining the right track of customer/driver relationship who care for what we do best and not for the dollar amount they teach you in college.We are freight operators who pay for your salary and keep you in college to learn how to spell and not how to drive a semi.

In the words of Simon Cowell (American Idol Judge) "Not To Be Rude" but, the customers pay everyones salary.
Without customers, no one has a job.

It really does make a difference to spell and express yourself correctly. Everyone should preview their post and re-read it before submitting it. Sometimes it does make a difference whether you are taken seriously or not. I make my share of mistakes.

In the words of Simon Cowell (American Idol Judge) "Not To Be Rude" but, the customers pay everyones salary.
Without customers, no one has a job.

It really does make a difference to spell and express yourself correctly. Everyone should preview their post and re-read it before submitting it. Sometimes it does make a difference whether you are taken seriously or not. I make my share of mistakes.

Careful there DW...
statements like that will get you labeled as self-righteous

This might become a BIG topic!
Let's hope that Management! is not a poser and is legit.
No one likes a poser.....poser schmozer....

You might be a poser if.....

.....you try to fit in but with exaggeration

.....you do not follow his/her own ideas of what he/she likes; following no one set norm makes you a poser

.....you pretend to conform to the beliefs of others

.....you are a person who attempts to blend into a specific social group

.....you are someone who acts like someone they're not, but not realizing that there being fake, basically a loser trying to fit in

.....you are a person - usually in middle or upper management, who is insecure about him/herself and tries very hard not to be a "conformist" or a "prep." By doing things like: trying to be "one of the good guys", or pretending to show emotion and feelings while chatting up a lower ranked employee. Usually, this supposedly "nonconformist" behavior just backfires on him/her, because now he/she is still conforming, just to a different group of people. So the moral of the story is to just be yourself!

Call me and I will answer any question you have.
Darn spell checker probably omitted these.....:hysterical:

Corporate Office

Telephone: 734-994-6600
Fax: 734-214-5650
Toll-free: 800-755-2728

Just call them up and tell them you want to speak to Management! :hysterical:

dockworker said:

Careful there DW...
statements like that will get you labeled as self-righteous

How would that be self-righteous? I used the word sometimes and admitted that I too make mistakes. I make a conscious effort to check myself, but I do slip from time to time.

I will clarify:
Being a bad speller and using poor grammar does not mean the person is of bad character or low intelligence. They just need to check their work.

How would that be self-righteous? I used the word sometimes and admitted that I too make mistakes. I make a conscious effort to check myself, but I do slip from time to time.

I will clarify:
Being a bad speller and using poor grammar does not mean the person is of bad character or low intelligence. They just need to check their work.

You can make a wise man educated...but you simply cannot make an educated man wise...

Thank you very much i will stick to me grammar and spelling and lousy sentence structure and everything else...why??? because I can...