XPO | Radar on the trucks

LDA driver hit a hog last night..and yes it did make the radar warning go off before impact..hog was still on the losing end. Tore the bumper off the truck. Different driver hit a cow (yeah, cow), on I-35 last week. Everything was ruled non-preventable. Took the grill, radiator and bumper out.

Catching a deer is bad enough. Hitting a cow would be ridiculous. Can you imagine the impact ?

Catching a deer is bad enough. Hitting a cow would be ridiculous. Can you imagine the impact ?

He called linehaul, and said it was a deer..then another driver stopped to help, and they found the cow..too funny. The cow was deceased, but he had to call linehaul back...oops

I never realized how spoiled the Freightliners have made me until I had to leave mine at the shop the other night and drive a Sterling home. Holy crap what garbage...

Guess I should really be glad that the Fords are all gone... lol

I never realized how spoiled the Freightliners have made me until I had to leave mine at the shop the other night and drive a Sterling home. Holy crap what garbage... Guess I should really be glad that the Fords are all gone... lol
and how many years have we put up with them???? My back hurts just looking at them in our lot! We had one driver that actually got a doctors note saying he can't drive them!

I never realized how spoiled the Freightliners have made me until I had to leave mine at the shop the other night and drive a Sterling home. Holy crap what garbage...

Guess I should really be glad that the Fords are all gone... lol
Are there a lot of Sterling re-furbs out there? We have quite a bit, and I see a lot at the FAC. I don't like them either, but atleast they have the XM radio.

Are there a lot of Sterling re-furbs out there? We have quite a bit, and I see a lot at the FAC. I don't like them either, but atleast they have the XM radio.
We only have two refurbs at my barn and none of the senior guys want them. The crappy 7-speed transmission is what kills them. That, and the fact that they ride like bricks.

I didn't mind the Sterlings when I was on P&D as long as they gave me a road truck. I flat out refuse to drive city trucks. Those ridiculous things should never have even been bought.

But if I'm going to run the road, no way would I want to do it in a Sterling.

They finally got the last few Sterlings off the linehaul board a few weeks ago at our barn. Nothing but Freightliners now, and everybody is happy happy happy...

We have 3 Freightliners at our barn and 1 refurb the rest are old garbage Sterlings for line and city. I might get to drive a Freightliner in my lifetime, maybe.

Are refurbished sterling doesn't have an engine brake. That's why no one wants to run line with it. It just eats up too much time going down the mountain passes old school. Most of us would rather deal with an old one with no radio than make our run longer than it normally would be. Does everyone else's refrib sterlings missing a engine brake?

You can't run down a steep mountain grade as fast without an engine brake. I wasn't referring to freightliners, just that refrib without a engine brake on mountain grades without one burns up a lot of time. No one wants to make there run longer than it has to be. But I know a lot of other sic don't have to deal with steep mountain passes.

Yeah I'm sure. There's no hills around here.

Kinda like how the old southern trucks had A/C, but ours didn't until Sterling forced it upon them in 2002

Sorry I didn't realize you guys didn't get that luxury till recently. All are Linehaul runs have Freightliner's assigned to them. We have a couple of old sterlings with Jakes as backups and for city. And one refirb without, and of course the city trucks don't have them. But in city no one needs them.

Sorry I didn't realize you guys didn't get that luxury till recently. All are Linehaul runs have Freightliner's assigned to them. We have a couple of old sterlings with Jakes as backups and for city. And one refirb without, and of course the city trucks don't have them. But in city no one needs them.
The refurb was probably an old central or southern truck. We had a lot of trucks get shuffled around when they brought the old junk back into service in 2009 when the recession hit (back when they were doing the oldest truck longest run crap). We had 2 southern trucks and a western truck at my barn for a long time.