SAIA | Raises 2023

There have been NO union organizations in LTL in 45 years. There will never be any more.
Yellow may go or stay no one knows, no matter it is dying by a thousand paper cuts.
Customer defections will only make companies like Saia better and stronger.
The teamster are selling a service no one wants in the industry. Sort of like seling computer punch cards to Uber to track their drivers.
In our industry they are a long gone idea whose time has passed them by. The very best they can do is to possibly keep what jobs they have left but union leadership is hellbent on killing even those.
We shall see and hope for the best for those remaining...
If it wasn’t for threat of a Union you guys would be a sweatshop.

It’s true. As soon as xpo workers organized a barn xpo gave raises across the whole nation. Why do u think non union ltl drivers make a few bucks more than union t force and Abf because if they didn’t workers would want to organize. Do the math of insurance deductions and 401k and most of the non unions overtime policy and u will see Abf drivers take home more or the same as non union drivers
Not

We’ll let me correct myself, if a saia driver doesn’t put any money into their 401k and is single and doesn’t have to cough up a lot for their health insurance the maybe they will take home the same as me or a bit more but dang that would be a crappy retirement savings and a lonely life for a saia driver lol
Wow how clueless in the real world. As someone who was a teamster before working at Saia. They 100% percent of my family and me at no cost. And yes the overtime is after 40hrs worked ( yeah I know it’s different from state to state, move from your hillbilly state or get our state government to change there laws). As for the 401k , I’d rather have that then some pension you may never get. At least I have control, that’s what it’s about. They match at 6% yes I’d like more. But that’s what it is.

So what’s the 100 percent health insurance rule is it for everyone or after u been there for 10 years or what I had no idea please let me know. And dang what stocks should I buys since u control the stock market let
Me know please. And whats 6 percent of your hourly rate? Because that’s what you make hourly after you contribute your measly 6 percent a week into a 401k. Lol I am so clueless as to why I can put just as much as u into my 401k with all this money I’m saving from my insurance bills on top of my getting my pension. It’s not an argument and I’m sorry if it’s leading to that but if you want to post a paystub i can post one to maybe your right maybe nonunion take home pay blows mine out of the water so if u want to prove me wrong go ahead. Oh and also if you make 1600 a week let’s just say for fun and you contribute 6 percent what is that like 96 bucks a week lol so I’m sure a saia driver would contribute even more so subtract that from your hourly rate this is why non unions make lore because if they made less if would cause employees to potentially organize that is all I am getting at. I have worked non union and union and the non union I worked for paid better than saia . But hey I’m clueless lol
Why would you post on a Saia forum about raise’s? , forum troll I guess. And yeah you are somewhat clueless. And clueless about Saia and the real world. I nothing but respect for ABF driver’s out here cause I hear nothing like this from them. Crawl back under your rock

Why would you post on a Saia forum about raise’s? , forum troll I guess. And yeah you are somewhat clueless. And clueless about Saia and the real world. I nothing but respect for ABF driver’s out here cause I hear nothing like this from them. Crawl back under your rock
Actually I contribute 22% of weekly pay to the 401k , they match 6%.

I'm glad you pointed that out. I don't see ABF anymore but when I did, on a different route, never any issues.

It’s true. As soon as xpo workers organized a barn xpo gave raises across the whole nation. Why do u think non union ltl drivers make a few bucks more than union t force and Abf because if they didn’t workers would want to organize. Do the math of insurance deductions and 401k and most of the non unions overtime policy and u will see Abf drivers take home more or the same as non union drivers
Were at 37.50 that's about equal to your time and a half at abf I don't need the insurance but those that use it don't complain I guess knowing you work at a company with no debt and is going to be around awhile let's me sleep better. And just signed a new contract so they will be around awhile think again red star just signed one right before they shut down.

That's why Miami and Albany decertified less than 2 years being teamsters

Let me ask you a question if i make 6 more dollars a hr thats thats 240 a week insurance is 100 that leaves me +120 and thats only on 40 hrs seams like the free insurance cost more just doing math on how free the insurance really is
If you can step down off of you pedestal for a minute and listen, you would understand the context of the thread. It’s not a pissing contest. We are only saying that the Union is instrumental in your earnings whether you’re a member or not. That’s indisputable !!

If you can step down off of you pedestal for a minute and listen, you would understand the context of the thread. It’s not a pissing contest. We are only saying that the Union is instrumental in your earnings whether you’re a member or not. That’s indisputable !!
Not trying to be on a pedestal just do the math in my head and it doesn't seem to add up I always hear everyone talk about the insurance the insurance the insurance when the rest of the jobs sucks ::shit:: pay ::shit:: equipment broke company and you make more somewhere else paying your own insurance unless maybe you have a bunch of kids to support