SAIA | Raises 2023

You know this was a Saia form about the amount of raise’s . Not about union pension’s. The pension great I get that. 401ks can be invested in many types of funds, like no risk government funds. Which are probably less risky than the teamsters pension fund at this point maybe. We chose what opportunities we have at some point at life and we’ll I happen to be at Saia at this point in time. Didn’t start that way I started with a non-union ltl that yellow bought ( Action express ) and it worked out in the end.
Threads on this board seldom ever stay on topic.

We already know what the raises are. That question has been answered. What's left to do in this thread other than praise or complain about them?
Is it that big of a deal to debate the pros/cons between pensions and 401ks? The person asking had a legitimate question because he didn't know about a company 401k. At least this place has some activity lol

Yea, been all over west of the Mississippi River working for them in my almost 35 years. Based at sea, there not perfect by any means. But no LTL is . But it’s not like everyone thinks. Out here Saia is not like Saia in the south, just not the comy

Yea, been all over west of the Mississippi River working for them in my almost 35 years. Based at sea, there not perfect by any means. But no LTL is . But it’s not like everyone thinks. Out here Saia is not like Saia in the south, just not the comy
One thing I can say about SAIA is that they are creeping up on every other LTL. Expanding exponentially. They seem to be doing very well and are making the right moves.

If you max out a Roth IRA every year, and invest the rest of 15% of your income into your company 401K.. over time you can leave your kids quite a nice Fortune..
Definitely going to start contributing into a 401k again. Always did it at past companies and need to start getting it going again here at ABF. Of course they don’t match because the contribute to the pension but will be nice to have both one day. One thing our contract does say “not word for word” is something along the lines if pension doesn’t work out or stops allowing ABFS contribution into it whichever fund that may be is that ABF is to put $7.50 an hour into 401k for us.

Definitely going to start contributing into a 401k again. Always did it at past companies and need to start getting it going again here at ABF. Of course they don’t match because the contribute to the pension but will be nice to have both one day. One thing our contract does say “not word for word” is something along the lines if pension doesn’t work out or stops allowing ABFS contribution into it whichever fund that may be is that ABF is to put $7.50 an hour into 401k for us.
Yeah like someone had mentioned previously you can look at the 10, 15, or 20-year history of a fund and see how it performs and oftentimes pick something that I'll perform the stock market