FedEx Freight | Raises. Any news?

Boats n hoes

TB Lurker
Credits
I know we get one in October. Any speculation as to what that may be? Better be more than .6 cents a mile. Or is there a possibility there will be something sooner due to competition paying more. Thoughts?

It will be pathetic and it will be in October. I'm in Illinois, one of the worst states for taxes and I'm a bottom feeder. We have 3 road drivers leaving, 2 quitting and 1 transferring. They've been trying to hire drivers and can't even get applicants. Moral is as low as I've seen it in 27yrs.
And nothing from the company as far as input to what may happen in regards to raises, etc. I'm almost to the point where I'm speculating FedEx may unload FXF. Keep the expenses low and trim the fat to make a better buying opportunity.

It will be pathetic and it will be in October. I'm in Illinois, one of the worst states for taxes and I'm a bottom feeder. We have 3 road drivers leaving, 2 quitting and 1 transferring. They've been trying to hire drivers and can't even get applicants. Moral is as low as I've seen it in 27yrs.

I was talking to the bottom city driver in my building. He's mad because it's been a little over a year and he's still the bottom guy. We've lost 10-15 and we can't get anyone in the building.

I maybe should've clarified what I meant earlier although I'm sure you guys know what I meant when I said I'm a bottom feeder. Actually, at my center we're all bottom feeders because we're at a center that didn't get the big raise 5yrs ago or however long that's been. Bottom pay grade baby!!

I agree moral is bad at our center . From the top dog to inbound and outbound supervisors. They can’t do their jobs worth a chit and want drivers to work 11 or so hours daily because of their poor decisions they think they own drivers hell we can’t get dock workers road or city drivers

I agree moral is bad at our center . From the top dog to inbound and outbound supervisors. They can’t do their jobs worth a chit and want drivers to work 11 or so hours daily because of their poor decisions they think they own drivers hell we can’t get dock workers road or city drivers
Question. Since everyone in leadership is incompetent and drivers have all the answers, are you sharing those pearls of wisdom? Are you part of the solution, or are you part of the problem? My baseline assumption is that you all actually care or you wouldn’t be venting your frustrations. Have you tried to give constructive feedback in a non-confrontational manner? If you have, and your leadership team hasn’t been receptive, I’m sorry. If you haven’t, I’d suggest giving it a try. Hard to believe sometimes, but we are all on the same team. Shoot, throw out some of your ideas on here. I’m sure there are plenty of folks lurking that just might benefit from the feedback. - A Wannabe Manager

Question. Since everyone in leadership is incompetent and drivers have all the answers, are you sharing those pearls of wisdom? Are you part of the solution, or are you part of the problem? My baseline assumption is that you all actually care or you wouldn’t be venting your frustrations. Have you tried to give constructive feedback in a non-confrontational manner? If you have, and your leadership team hasn’t been receptive, I’m sorry. If you haven’t, I’d suggest giving it a try. Hard to believe sometimes, but we are all on the same team. Shoot, throw out some of your ideas on here. I’m sure there are plenty of folks lurking that just might benefit from the feedback. - A Wannabe Manager
Why start with an inflammatory sentence?

Because the core issues keeping morale low aren't on a local leadership level. Local leadership can't do anything about the cost/quality of our health insurance, the non-existent pay raises and a pay rate that isn't competitive, keeping people out and the current staff overworked.

People do their homework before working for a company. This isn't like 20 years ago where the name on the building meant something. A 20 minute Google/YouTube search will tell you everything you need to know and in this market where nobody is desperate for work, they have options.

At some point FedEx is going to realize that they have to put their people first or they won't have people or they won't have quality people. Other companies will be more than happy to take drivers and dock workers off of FedEx and FedEx is making it easier for them to do that. As long as FedEx makes profits and shareholders their priority, claims will sore, people will work less hard and just game the system and FedEx will fall to the middle of the pack. Better than central, but not as good as OD.

“If you gather 100 black ants and 100 red ants and put them all together in a jar - nothing will happen. If you shake the jar and set it down - the ants will start killing each other. The black think the red is the enemy and the red believe the black is the enemy ... when the REAL enemy is the person who shook the jar.” - Neil McCoy Ward

The culture problem starts on top, so we’ll keep needlessly fighting one another until they stop shaking the jar.

We do falls on deaf ears tried and tried to no avail