FedEx Freight | Raises. Any news?

The only thing local management can possibly do is to send issues up.
Which, most do not. At every location I worked at, management was absolutely, completely unaware of even something as simple as driver pay.

Also, there is no legitimate path for employees to voice issues.
Employee survey? That's a scam, and downright insulting. . Right off the bat, you MAY get 25% participation, and even then, that 25% is cherry picked. Next is the questions. It's designed so that no negative responses may be given in the delicate areas that need attention. Basically, they simply do not even give you an opportunity to speak against pay, insurance, job satisfaction, ect.

Fedex flat out invests very little time in ensuring their employees are looked after. It's an investment company that just happens to ship freight.

Fedex will chug along, content to offer mediocre pay and benefits, and apparently content to lose solid employees, while only attracting the least desirable new hires.

You seem like you actually care, and are concerned. I personally never had issues with management at the local level. My terminal managers, and supervisors were overall excellent, and the 2 terminal managers I worked under were among the best bosses I have had in my life. Our complaints (mine at least) are not with you personally, but with FX's general attitude, and blissfull unawareness to modern costs of living and insurance. Their mindset seems to be that it's 1989 or so. You seen the inflation jump recently? This country is getting expensive to live in, even modestly, and it's getting pricier fast. Demographics change, taxes go up. Pay is not keeping pace with that, on top of insurance coverage getting worse. Most of us dont mind our actual duties. Hell, I actually like my joh, but job satisfaction only goes so far. At some point, employees have to be compensated fairly.
Well said!!!!!

Good point. I took offense to Big Dogs assessment of his leadership team and came out swinging. Sorry. Goes to show how quickly a well intended message can loose it’s effectiveness when not delivered correctly. Great lesson for all.
The leadership in Dallas is a joke. They couldn't pour p out of a boot with instructions on the bottom.

Why don't employees become investor/owners? Wealthy people didn't get their money from a paycheck. Wealthy people don't "give" away money. Buy the stock. Become an owner.

Reality!!!
Employees are no different than trucks. Both are tools of production. You were not hired to give you a paycheck, you were hired to make money for the owners. Become an owner.

FedEx Freight was formed in 2001. In less than 20 years, they became the largest and most profitable LTL company in the country. They are obviously well managed.
Yep that’s why we got :shit:ty benefits

Reality!!!
Employees are no different than trucks. Both are tools of production. You were not hired to give you a paycheck, you were hired to make money for the owners.
That’s faulty logic.

“Tools of production” such as trucks are priced by their manufacturers. Their cost is determined by such things as supply and demand, inflation, condition, quality, etc…

There is no third party dictating our worth to this company, so if they want to retain us, they better up the ante. Inflation is up and supply is down. We have value on this planet and other companies are aware of it at this time.

Last edited:
you are sooo right, but here is what fedex is doing....instead of bringing up the compensation package to attract new talent it's just easier to stop servicing certain customers so that the capacity fits the work force we have. keep your eyes and ears open next week. we have truly become a bottom feeder and upper mgmt does not care as long as the share holders are happy, just sayin
Isn't that strange to anyone? For years FedEx has told us if you don't grow you die! Yet now they are getting rid of customers and charging the ones they keep peak surcharges starting in July.

Instead of taking care of they people that have been in the trenches for years they would rather give new hires top pay day one.

In my opinion Fred has either got info from his lobbiest in Washington, they are freeing up capacity for a major new national account, or they are trying to make the numbers look amazing for a possible new owner. Kinda like Watkins did to Fred...

I'm kinda leaning towards the 1st. Putting more freight on the trains. Thanks to UPS pulling theirs off. Made more room for Fred's. Also the rumor of closing some smaller centers in the system. Why in the world would you close any center when we have freight falling off the docks at major hubs? Smaller satellite terminals close could help take pressure off hubs.

In Nashville smaller hubs have been doing VIA's like crazy because we didn't have drivers to move the freight. If you close one you lose that ability plus you have created super long pedal runs when the city is struggling to make pickups anyway.

It's just my opinion.. Nothing in black in white to back it up. Just 25 years of experience in corporate penny pinching I mean reconfiguration..

Be a little more specific. Who is everyone? What is top of scale rates for the Road, Dock and City?. You say everyone is this company the Chicago area
Yeah that's only Chicago. I'm in Illinois but outside of Chicago and we're not getting anything. We're almost 7c/mi less than all of them.

Be a little more specific. Who is everyone? What is top of scale rates for the Road, Dock and City?. You say everyone is this company wide?
My TM said all new hires and any driver not at top scale will now be bumped up, what we all thought would happen last raise pretty much. They said hiring people at the 2nd scale didn’t work to bring in new drivers. He also said they are working on something to Compensate the drivers that are already at tops scale but nothing is set in stone. He said they will reward us for having the best quarter in nearly 7/8 years this October but didn’t say by how much.

The good news is in all of this. I haven't had a management person tell me how Fedex is a top Fortune 500 company to work for in awhile.

Sorry I'm kinda a glass half full kinda guy..
I
What it means if your already at top of scale , expect a crappy raise just like last year
What it means if your already at top of scale , expect a crappy raise just like last year
Yeah I bet you didn’t know when you turn 65 they quit contributing to your portable pension account you just get interest on it

A raise increase but then the raise in heath benefits comes. The raise has not & won't cover the increase The only way for a linehual driver to make more is to get on a run with more miles

My TM said all new hires and any driver not at top scale will now be bumped up, what we all thought would happen last raise pretty much. They said hiring people at the 2nd scale didn’t work to bring in new drivers. He also said they are working on something to Compensate the drivers that are already at tops scale but nothing is set in stone. He said they will reward us for having the best quarter in nearly 7/8 years this October but didn’t say by how much.
Thats the thing I'm getting shafted on. Finally created some full time dock at my terminal after being there 4 years and now i have to wait 4 years to top out. Because I'm exempt from that apparently.