XPO | Raises next year

In am definitely not managment. Everyone here in xco knows me.

So now you want me to believe you are a senior driver with millions of miles... you are to dumb for that to be true. I don't believe you.

We all know about the facebook. Seriously. You are dumb enough to think that facebook is a secret?
i never said i had millions of miles,and second you dont know me,so you can retract the statement that im dumb,is all i know is we have drivers struggling to make ends meet,everything is going up except our wages,we were told when we were combined as one that we would get the same pay as yall,has that happend no,o.t after 8 or 40 no,after 50 yes,should everyone thats want to unionize quit well we wont have to worry about that,the vans will take care of that problem,they can get us down to the bare minium on linehaul,every one else in the city,and drop our pay again.how many runs have yall lost,guess what more to come,support grows every day there are lots of drivers that do not know we are organizing,it will take time.

Why????Ive been to meetings....many of them..And as you can see Chicago is not union....So As far as doing it again..Nope...waist of time,time which i dont have anymore..Im gonna sit back and let all you guys do it...goodluck....
ok how many knew that chicago was organizing back then ?we didnt know in tulsa,word didnt get here because if it had i can assure you,we would have worked with yall,we have meet and turns with salem,no one said a word,thats fine sit back relax we will do it.

Snoman said:
Hi Gomer,welcome to trucking boards,Do you have a Con-Way problem??????

No I've just got mental problems. I'm not new on here. Just been awhile. I tried signing on with my old name ( haywould) but it wouldn't work.

Snowman,definately no pi$$ing match from this end. I havn't decided whether I'm going to sign or not,I'm just waying my options,I've never delt with or been in a union before,my problem is I'm not a far left liberal nut nor am I a right wing corp. nut,that puts me in the middle and guess that makes me an independant.Their are a few guys on here after following their posts and figuring out how they think (Brain washed Kool-Aid drinkers) has got me leaning towards the Onion.I guess it boils down to picking the better of the two evils,figuratively speaking.
Why????Ive been to meetings....many of them..And as you can see Chicago is not union....So As far as doing it again..Nope...waist of time,time which i dont have anymore..Im gonna sit back and let all you guys do it...goodluck....

i never said i had millions of miles,and second you dont know me,so you can retract the statement that im dumb,is all i know is we have drivers struggling to make ends meet,everything is going up except our wages,we were told when we were combined as one that we would get the same pay as yall,has that happend no,o.t after 8 or 40 no,after 50 yes,should everyone thats want to unionize quit well we wont have to worry about that,the vans will take care of that problem,they can geklt us down to the bare minium on linehaul,every one else in the city,and drop our pay again.how many runs have yall lost,guess what more to come,support grows every day there are lots of drivers that do not know we are organizing,it will take time.
I hate it when people say they are struggling and some how want to make it MY problem. That is your (or whomevers) problem. You say everything is going up.... gas is way down..groceries are at about the same level as the recession.. insurance is not going up.. you know how much you make.. you know how they pay OT in the south, you know what your deductions are..band you know when payday is. You take all that knowledge and you make a plan, and work with it. Unionizing would only make us vulnerable to the other companies taking our freight.. and then you would really have problems drawing unemployment.. i make plenty if money, as do a lot of other drivers here.

Stick around and get some seniority and you'll be ok. There is a reason you only have roughly 8% of centers on board..because nobody cares.. we make plenty and like having the choice of work on a single seniority board...

Snowman,definately no pi$$ing match from this end. I havn't decided whether I'm going to sign or not,I'm just waying my options,I've never delt with or been in a union before,my problem is I'm not a far left liberal nut nor am I a right wing corp. nut,that puts me in the middle and guess that makes me an independant.Their are a few guys on here after following their posts and figuring out how they think (Brain washed Kool-Aid drinkers) has got me leaning towards the Onion.I guess it boils down to picking the better of the two evils,figuratively speaking.

Its all good brother,I feel the same as you..I guess ill join your independency..LOL..I unfortionatly have delt with unions(The railroad when i worked for them and what a bunch of garbage that was)As far as teamsters or any other trucking union???No i havent except for when Chicagoland was trying to unionize..I have one of my best friends who works for UPS Freight and hates the union..wishes they would have never unionized...But like you i will do whats best for me and my family....

You truly are the village idiot,what do you mean gas is way down? Why is it when your on our boards you make referance to our drivers making 100k a year but when you post on Fed-Ex boards some how we only make 90k,you make numbers up as you go. Why do you make it sound like Conway is just handing money out for free,you show me a driver making 90k a year and I'll show you a driver who has worked harder and put more time into this company than anyone person in management from the bottom to the top.It sounds to me like you are relatively young and stupid,when and if you make it to retirement age let me know how it works out for ya,you might just change your tune. PS calling me a troll is like calling you Einstein.
I hate it when people say they are struggling and some how want to make it MY problem. That is your (or whomevers) problem. You say everything is going up.... gas is way down..groceries are at about the same level as the recession.. insurance is not going up.. you know how much you make.. you know how they pay OT in the south, you know what your deductions are..band you know when payday is. You take all that knowledge and you make a plan, and work with it. Unionizing would only make us vulnerable to the other companies taking our freight.. and then you would really have problems drawing unemployment.. i make plenty if money, as do a lot of other drivers here.

Stick around and get some seniority and you'll be ok. There is a reason you only have roughly 8% of centers on board..because nobody cares.. we make plenty and like having the choice of work on a single seniority board...

Hey Beerfd I read your post on the Fed-Ex board and you stated we are getting a raise in April,where can I find this out for myself and how much are we getting?

You truly are the village idiot,what do you mean gas is way down? Why is it when your on our boards you make referance to our drivers making 100k a year but when you post on Fed-Ex boards some how we only make 90k,you make numbers up as you go. Why do you make it sound like Conway is just handing money out for free,you show me a driver making 90k a year and I'll show you a driver who has worked harder and put more time into this company than anyone person in management from the bottom to the top.It sounds to me like you are relatively young and stupid,when and if you make it to retirement age let me know how it works out for ya,you might just change your tune. PS calling me a troll is like calling you Einstein.
gas is lower than 3 months ago. There are plenty of 90 K guys. Just ask around. (Central and western). 80-82k here. I've planned good for retirement. And you started the troll name calling. I just followed your lead. ... i never said 100k. Somebody else did.. i just road-out the comment..

Because gas is a few cents cheaper than it was three months ago that makes it way down,the oil companies love your way of thinking. Please enlighten me on your retirement plan I might like to see if the numbers would work for me. How about that raise in April,could you tell me where I can find the info on that one.
gas is lower than 3 months ago. There are plenty of 90 K guys. Just ask around. (Central and western). 80-82k here. I've planned good for retirement. And you started the troll name calling. I just followed your lead. ... i never said 100k. Somebody else did.. i just road-out the comment..

Because gas is a few cents cheaper than it was three months ago that makes it way down,the oil companies love your way of thinking. Please enlighten me on your retirement plan I might like to see if the numbers would work for me. How about that raise in April,could you tell me where I can find the info on that one.
The other poster stated that everything was going up.. i pointed out that something very important is not up. Gas is about 50¢ lower than few months ago..no big deal.. it doesn't matter.
Im not telling you how much money i have, btw. Im not worried about retirement. Ill be fine when the time comes.
Service center mgr. mentioned raises they talked about on conference call.. we talked about it few weeks back.
Don't know if you were here then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well I do agree gas is lower Fact remains true cost of living is out of control and wages and benifits are not high enough . And not everyone at Con~way
makes 80 - 82 k Per year I know us City Drivers don't even get Close Essp us Southern Drivers So if you don't know all the Facts Please Refrain from Quoting for others !!! And I do not think Anyone has Asked for your Pity I know I have not nor Do I want it !!

Yes I think We deserve a nice Pay Raise soon ! Will we be getting I do not know ??? But I'm not holding my breath its people like you whom seem to think we are making a killing that will undoubtly prevent it from happening !! It don't Really matter cos this issue in America really is bigger than You or me or any
union or Con-way
Bottom line is this If things don't Change in America as a whole there will be a War You can't keep pushing the little guy around eventually that little guy has
no where to go but forward like the kid you bullied in school and well he whupped your butt !!! It is coming look around the world look at Egypt !!

Fowler is an analyst who has no idea whether or not Conway is going to give a raise.I don't really care how much money you have I just wanted to see your plan which I figure is BS just like all the other crap you post.
See, were getting a raise..

Pricing in the industry benefited from a widespread rate increase during the quarter, but Fowler said slowing freight and scheduled employee wage increases likely offset those benefits.

Sector Snap: Trucking companies - Yahoo! Finance

Fowler is an analyst who has no idea whether or not Conway is going to give a raise.I don't really care how much money you have I just wanted to see your plan which I figure is BS just like all the other crap you post.

I didn't write the article. I posted a fact, as stated in the article. If you don't like what it says, then email the guy. Don't blame me. And retirement, it's simple 401K, IRA, and con-way pension. Oh, yeah, and keeping a great paying job like this one. Don't be mad at me if this job is not working out for you. (it seems not to be).

i bet your truck comes equipped with a booster seat and pedal extensions

When was the last time you saw Conway have a scheduled pay raise,you didn't post a fact you posted speculation from an analyst. Gas was an average price of $2.59 a gal. when Obama took office,yep its way down. Your pension is frozen,I don't know how long you've been here,but take taxes out of that pension and theres not much left. I don't know if you've noticed but the stock market is in the tank,not much return on your 401k,IRA is a decent plan if your young enough to save. So how many windows are you puttin in that card board box. This is one of those topics where most certainly the sky is falling and if you don't believe it your in denial.
I didn't write the article. I posted a fact, as stated in the article. If you don't like what it says, then email the guy. Don't blame me. And retirement, it's simple 401K, IRA, and con-way pension. Oh, yeah, and keeping a great paying job like this one. Don't be mad at me if this job is not working out for you. (it seems not to be).

When was the last time you saw Conway have a scheduled pay raise,you didn't post a fact you posted speculation from an analyst. Gas was an average price of $2.59 a gal. when Obama took office,yep its way down. Your pension is frozen,I don't know how long you've been here,but take taxes out of that pension and theres not much left. I don't know if you've noticed but the stock market is in the tank,not much return on your 401k,IRA is a decent plan if your young enough to save. So how many windows are you puttin in that card board box. This is one of those topics where most certainly the sky is falling and if you don't believe it your in denial.

Gas isn't currently going up..i was talking current. And if you would've moved your money to the money market fund in 401k, it would stool be there. And when it hits low..then move it into target date fund and watch it grow..