TForce | Ready to walk!!!

ibamars

TB Lurker
Credits
I have really had it with this place. I came here 2 years ago with the assumption of having a career for 30 years.

I have been in a union before. Actually the same union. But let me tell you what. This place is the most unorganized, unethical and a few choice other words that I cant type here.

I have been a Manager and a District Manager for companies in the past. I have never seen employees ::shit:: on so bad.

I understand seniority. I understand P and L's I understand all the aspects of running a business. But to keep messing with your employees on purpose and preach about how families are important and safety is important and everything UPS is about and do the opposite. Then I have a problem.

I have been in contact with my shop steward and he is supposed to be in contact with the union rep. If things don't change then I am out of here.

Whats the point of having a pension if you're not working. Whats the point of having good health benefits if you're not working.

Who in their right mind is gonna call everyday to find out if there is work? Then you call and they so nope, no work today. Or if you call late they say nope because you called late we are not offering you work. 2 years with no call ins or ever being late and this is what I get. I dot my I's and cross my T's. You never call me in the office to talk to me about any issues and this is what I get.

Go babysit your little ******* who don't do a dam thing for you but whine and make sure you reward them and screw the low guy. The guys who want to work and complain take it in the ***.

Thats my story. Sorry about the negativity but I have seen way too much here. I know some of you are gonna come on here and say "good maybe you should leave". I dig it. I probably will.

I thought I would just make case in point to the guys on here past and future of what they may or may not be up against. Especially if your a good employee (which I am a dam good employee, when I work) Go above and beyond and this is the thanks they give you.

Thanks for reading my vent and hope to type at ya's soon!!!!

I came to a conclusion that the safety in this company is just for discipline. My reason is that anytime that we do anything wrong, The management is up our butts about it and there with a write up. Now.... When I confront management and the stupervisors about unsafe work habits with them. They get all bent out of shape and they get "unstable", Which I live for because I love to see the veins on their head pop out and watch them go into cardiac arrest!!! Yes.. I an a cold hearted jagoff but I could care less if they make it home or not. Other than that I could go on and on about useless propaganda that goes on in this company but... I could care less for now and I will go day by day putting on an act in front of everyone that I'm the happiest m****** and hide behind my fake face. Hope to see all of ya at work!!! LMMFAO!!!! :nutkick:

I have family and friends that work for upsf... they were telling me to put my app in when they closed my terminal ( Holland ) I didn't at first because of just what you have typed.

It just sounds like pure misery there... when you are on call I always thought it meant they call you when they need you not you calling them. And I am told if you don't call them they bring in the next guy ( just cannot believe that is happening )... so much for seniority.

Call you in for two hours of work is BS too... what if someone lives a hour away it is hardly worth going in. Working at reduced hours is not going to help you when you sign up for unemployment either...

I am sorry for my rant, I have already walked away... I am a guest here and do not mean to fire you guys up...sorry but WTHE double hockey sticks!!!!
:smilie_132:

I'm still dealing with the same crap too. I've been with UPSF over 2 years and P&D drivers are kept home because dispatchers dont know how to dispatch. they work their top guys 10-12 hours a day and keep the bottom guys at home because they are so worried about having bad numbers. if you dont know how to dispatch, find a new job! they screw with peoples lives. there is no reason everyone at the terminal shouldnt be working where i am at. what pisses me off is if i go through all the fly-sheets there is enough OT and then some to cover 8 hours for every man sitting on the bench. someone should teach them 6am-2:30pm is a 8 hour day! my 3rd winter and ive had it too. by the time i have enough seniority, they will have fired all those ::shit:: supervisors and i'll be getting 8 in out.

Im not much of a poster, more of a reader... but i can relate to you. you're not the only one suffering. there isn't much else out there or anywhere to go so i guess i'll just wait til it gets better.

What I don't understand is WHY it is so slow right now while other places seem to be busy

I have friends that work at Two other company's in town and they have been Busy for a couple months.

One has loads left over every night and the other recently hired 4 drivers.

Neither is hiring right now.

It is like UPS wants this place to fail.

The main complaint we get from the customers is the stuff is always damaged and they now refuse to ship with us.

Meanwhile they continue to cram the stuff in the trailers to make the bill count look good per trailer while everything in it gets busted.

Makes you wonder!

Same here Road. Conway has hired 17 drivers since July and numerous dockworkers due to they have so much freight here in Albany. A Duie Pyle just hired a few also. Estes is hiring right now as is FedEx Freight and National in our area!!!

We have lost numerous accounts here due to damaged freight, TM and Dispatch talking to customers and basically just treating them like crap here also.

Where is our sales people? Oh wait I know they are buying pizza for the accounts we already have!!!

The cramming would'nt be so bad if guys used proper dunnage. Example. We don't have airbags or air to put in airbags in our terminal here. Now, our senior nighttime dock guy here is awesome. That guy can put stuff in a trailer fast and efficient and it doesnt get messed up. Our other nighttime dock guy is anal about making sure stuff is stacked and braced properly. I work the dock at night periodically, I am not the fastest but stuff does get loaded properly and I use cardboard religiously and I block Hazmat properly etc...

The focus in this company is definitely wrong. Instead of worrying about making sure a DR is filled out 100% or making sure I use the handrail going up a set of stairs (which I have not done lately cause I have not been at work). The focus need to switch to Customers and their freight!!!

One final point that you made in regards to company failure. The questions has been raised numerous times. Do they want this to fail so they can get out of it? No-one really knows but the boys at the top. I am gonna assume with the investment they made that they do not want this to fail, but you gotta wonder!!!

Oh and BTW I am not at work again!!!! Total hours past 2 weeks 8.25. UPS keeping guys at home...Priceless.

What I don't understand is WHY it is so slow right now while other places seem to be busy

I have friends that work at Two other company's in town and they have been Busy for a couple months.

One has loads left over every night and the other recently hired 4 drivers.

Neither is hiring right now.

It is like UPS wants this place to fail.

The main complaint we get from the customers is the stuff is always damaged and they now refuse to ship with us.

Meanwhile they continue to cram the stuff in the trailers to make the bill count look good per trailer while everything in it gets busted.

Makes you wonder!

Old age must be setting in, I don't remember the good old days. When was it that we didn't cram freight into trailers like a garbage truck packing the trash? When was it that management cared about anything other than their production numbers? I can't remember the days when we didn't have rail boxes and contract carriers in our yards. Was there a time when customers didn't automatically grab a camera to take pictures of the damaged freight we delivered with a smile. I guess I am all rested up from the days when we had so much freight that all the drivers were running hard and no one sat home anywhere in the system.

I miss those days when all the drivers were happy. When they continuously complemented everyone around them, on what a great job they were doing. Or at least I would miss them if I could remember a time like that.

..guys there is no real difference from years ago to today...14-15 years ago I carried around two cks in my pocket..togetter they totaled 1.86 if my memory serves me.One was but zeros..yes they cut me a ck for 0.00...and the other was 1.86...so I fully understand your terpidations..been there done that...but I figured out how to make it and stay.....now I`m so glad I did...I truly hope you can stick it out...honestly when things get back to normal..really where would you rather be....?

Where you gonna walk too? If you are on the bottom of the list, you get the left overs. If the left overs are all gone then you don't work. This is how it has always been and will always be, the only thing you have is your seniority. I hear that Conway just works who ever they chose, is that a preferable option? I prefer seniority over kissing the purple starfish for work.

Where you gonna walk too? If you are on the bottom of the list, you get the left overs. If the left overs are all gone then you don't work. This is how it has always been and will always be, the only thing you have is your seniority. I hear that Conway just works who ever they chose, is that a preferable option? I prefer seniority over kissing the purple starfish for work.

The purple starfish!!!! LMMFAO!!!!

seems to be a common thread here, where r you gonna go to that you would be treated any different ? seems to me that you r gonna have the same problems no matter what color the truck u drive. company's have the option now to treat u any way they please right now ,for the simple fact that 10 drivers r willing to take your spot in a minute, u have 2 years in,which may not b enough in your barn,but think of how it would feel on the bottom of someone else's barn, sucks!!!!! changing color of truck u drive will not always solve the problem now

want to thank you guys for making feel "a little better" about my own job. It has always been a goal for me to work for UPS freight. I wanted to be a part of the line haul operation there. I thought if I was driving for them I would be at the top of my game. Well, here in this town it will never happen I hear they sub it out to a non union line or something like that. There are 27 line haul guys sitting home some trying to get on the p&d board. The shame comes down to the union not standing behind it's members. The way management pushes is to be expected but, we are in a union and should be protected. Not afraid to do our jobs safely and with some honor. What these companies hold over our heads now is where else would you go. That might work for a while but a time is coming. As hard as it might seem stick it out play their game and always do as they say, this keeps you out of trouble. Management will come and go we have seen that each one proving there point to there last day. But you will survive and UPS will learn the freight business. Hope it was OK I made a comment on your board.

thanks for posting with us lv roadway. im thinkin things are about the same every where now. it is what it is. hey if your life would be better working somewhere elese go for it,i know i would.but if that dream job isnt there for u or me just yet we have to deal with what we got.time will pass, each one of us will have change in our life.but we all need to deal with this moment,its up to each of us to make it either good or bad. dont let yourself ruin your own day.

Could be all those contracted shiny wheels. Hubby has been laid off since July. They throw a bone every now and again but that's about it. I do feel that it will get better and when they get this all figured out it will be the best co. to work for. Who knows. I can dream right?

I came to a conclusion that the safety in this company is just for discipline. My reason is that anytime that we do anything wrong, The management is up our butts about it and there with a write up. Now.... When I confront management and the stupervisors about unsafe work habits with them. They get all bent out of shape and they get "unstable", Which I live for because I love to see the veins on their head pop out and watch them go into cardiac arrest!!! Yes.. I an a cold hearted jagoff but I could care less if they make it home or not. Other than that I could go on and on about useless propaganda that goes on in this company but... I could care less for now and I will go day by day putting on an act in front of everyone that I'm the happiest m****** and hide behind my fake face. Hope to see all of ya at work!!! LMMFAO!!!! :nutkick:

they preach and preach about safety, and they preach and preach about taking your time and following the methods

but when we are heavy on the dock they want us to "bust it out"

i say no thanks, i could work fast like we used to, but i know that if i do 1 little thing wrong it will be a write up