TForce | Ready to walk!!!

Yes it is. I just read another post in here that IND is writing up everyone that is doing something wrong. That's ok, Management is digging their own grave and we will be there to fill it up on them!!! I heard through the grapevine that there will be some big changes after the first of the year. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I have really had it with this place. I came here 2 years ago with the assumption of having a career for 30 years.

I have been in a union before. Actually the same union. But let me tell you what. This place is the most unorganized, unethical and a few choice other words that I cant type here.

I have been a Manager and a District Manager for companies in the past. I have never seen employees ::shit:: on so bad.

I understand seniority. I understand P and L's I understand all the aspects of running a business. But to keep messing with your employees on purpose and preach about how families are important and safety is important and everything UPS is about and do the opposite. Then I have a problem.

I have been in contact with my shop steward and he is supposed to be in contact with the union rep. If things don't change then I am out of here.

Whats the point of having a pension if you're not working. Whats the point of having good health benefits if you're not working.

Who in their right mind is gonna call everyday to find out if there is work? Then you call and they so nope, no work today. Or if you call late they say nope because you called late we are not offering you work. 2 years with no call ins or ever being late and this is what I get. I dot my I's and cross my T's. You never call me in the office to talk to me about any issues and this is what I get.

Go babysit your little ******* who don't do a dam thing for you but whine and make sure you reward them and screw the low guy. The guys who want to work and complain take it in the ***.

Thats my story. Sorry about the negativity but I have seen way too much here. I know some of you are gonna come on here and say "good maybe you should leave". I dig it. I probably will.

I thought I would just make case in point to the guys on here past and future of what they may or may not be up against. Especially if your a good employee (which I am a dam good employee, when I work) Go above and beyond and this is the thanks they give you.

Thanks for reading my vent and hope to type at ya's soon!!!!

Sounds just like FedEx Freight. Actually, they both operate in the same manner, even though FXF is non union. And some drivers in FXF want to go Union. Hey, do me a favor, go on the FXF forum and tell these drivers some of the realities of being a Teamster. If you don't mind. They need a reality check.

they preach and preach about safety, and they preach and preach about taking your time and following the methods

but when we are heavy on the dock they want us to "bust it out"

i say no thanks, i could work fast like we used to, but i know that if i do 1 little thing wrong it will be a write up

Funny, the same goes on at Fed Ex Freight. With the same consequences.

Sounds just like FedEx Freight. Actually, they both operate in the same manner, even though FXF is non union. And some drivers in FXF want to go Union. Hey, do me a favor, go on the FXF forum and tell these drivers some of the realities of being a Teamster. If you don't mind. They need a reality check.

If they expect the Teamsters to turn the company into trucking nirvana, they don't need a reality check, they need medication.

We had the same problems before we were Union as we do now, just now we have a way to fight it. Complaining to each other didn't seem to help much.

This is it, Kids plain and simple. No on off the street is gonna have a 30 year career with UPSF. The new transportation industry calls for mindless ***** who will load or unload trailers until they **** up. Then they are fired. No pension, No bennies, no nothing.
Corporate transportation is a meat machine nothing else.
As for the full-timers drive them out or find a way to fire them so we can keep their pension money.

Daddy "O";730178 said:
This is it, Kids plain and simple. No on off the street is gonna have a 30 year career with UPSF. The new transportation industry calls for mindless ***** who will load or unload trailers until they **** up. Then they are fired. No pension, No bennies, no nothing.
Corporate transportation is a meat machine nothing else.
As for the full-timers drive them out or find a way to fire them so we can keep their pension money.

You must be speaking about part time dock workers. As far as any full time employee that has years vested in the pension plan, they will not lose their pension time if they were to be fired.

You must be speaking about part time dock workers. As far as any full time employee that has years vested in the pension plan, they will not lose their pension time if they were to be fired.

Busternite I though UPS Teamsters went on strike a few years ago for this.Didn't UPS use school kids on the dock or part timers? Maybe it was something else.

Busternite I though UPS Teamsters went on strike a few years ago for this.Didn't UPS use school kids on the dock or part timers? Maybe it was something else.

Yes, and they still use college kids. At one time there was a big incentive for college kids and school funding if they worked for UPS. I am not sure if this is still the case.

Not from what I can see in CGO they put the part time kids where they want them. So if you're in school and the company wants to change your schedule you're out of luck. And yes the Teamsters were striking Overnite but that was before UPS bought them. They called themselves "Overnite Teamsters" but the company never signed a contract.

Daddy "O";731807 said:
Not from what I can see in CGO they put the part time kids where they want them. So if you're in school and the company wants to change your schedule you're out of luck. And yes the Teamsters were striking Overnite but that was before UPS bought them. They called themselves "Overnite Teamsters" but the company never signed a contract.

OK I knew it was something like that.And it was a few years ago.

Yes, and they still use college kids. At one time there was a big incentive for college kids and school funding if they worked for UPS. I am not sure if this is still the case.

All I know is hearsay.Something like the union wanted all members only working there.Which I can understand that.But it did help kids that wanted to work and maybe make something of them selves.

One of my friends still works at SOH and told me the week after I quit in May. Management told all the kids going to school working there that the Tuition Assistance has been discontinued at all UPS freight Facilities. I don't know if that was the case at the package division.

Daddy "O";733173 said:
I want to say it was about 7 or 8 years ago but my brain has been frozen so many times out on that dock it's tough to remember.

I think that's real close.UPS all most lost a lot of customers over it.The long strike that is.

Back in the 1999-2001 almost a strike Teamsters action against Overnite to promote the company employees to organize,or lose business and close their doors,was very nasty business on the union's part in my opinion.
Unfortunately the way the Teamsters were picketing the national account customers,they were not making a very good impression on most of us.

Mr.Hoffa jr.,took the stand of organizing or shutting Overnite down,which was not the best way to make friends with us Overniter long timers.

But of course that is all history now.
If you have been with the company long enough to look back at that strike action it would seem to me walking a picket line at your gate would be one of the last tactics you would want for yourselves?

Back in the 1999-2001 almost a strike Teamsters action against Overnite to promote the company employees to organize,or lose business and close their doors,was very nasty business on the union's part in my opinion.
Unfortunately the way the Teamsters were picketing the national account customers,they were not making a very good impression on most of us.

Mr.Hoffa jr.,took the stand of organizing or shutting Overnite down,which was not the best way to make friends with us Overniter long timers.

But of course that is all history now.
If you have been with the company long enough to look back at that strike action it would seem to me walking a picket line at your gate would be one of the last tactics you would want for yourselves?

They went on strike with only a couple of dozen terminals organized. The other terminals couldn't do anything for them if they wanted to. They handed out flyers at the customers asking them not to use us. They set up picket lines at the non union terminals and harassed the non union drivers. The part that really won friends in that action was when a few of the non union drivers had rocks thrown through their windshields, some drivers were hurt pretty bad.

A lot of the non union employees went to the struck terminals to replace the drivers and dockmen out on the picket line. A lot of the striking drivers left the picket line and went to work at the non union terminals. They made a decision that the Union wasn't worth fighting for.

There were a few who were on strike that stayed to the end. Most of the people on the picket line were respectful to the drivers who had no choice, you can't walk out if you are not Union. Most of the non union drivers worked to rule and wouldn't volunteer to go to the struck terminals.

Those of us who went through those times, don't take joining the Union lightly. We know that when hard times come, you find out who your friends are.

Just a little hint on picketing from someone who got my first Teamster driving job way back in 1966.

Yes I had to walk a few picket lines in my day to get all the union LTL's to give all of us Teamsters better contracts.

Anywho if you really want to walk out don't do it in the winter months.
If the company doesn't bow down to your new demands right quick you will really regret walking your gates in the cold,and the snow.

I'm really not trying to be funny,been there done that,the National Master Freight contracts used to run out March 31st,which was still winter up north.