XPO | Realignment

I'm consistent about this subject but let's be clear - NWR - Winchester is not N Va in terms of cost of living or lifestyle. 300k gets you a nice big house with a yard in Winchester. In Arlington or Alexandria that gets you a shoe box in a questionable neighborhood.. 600k gets you a small small house.. Start around 1.2 in N Va to get what 300k gets you in Winchester.. I know the DC area very very well and NWR isn't it..

I was referring to the beltway and DC, both of which were part of cse.

OK, bad example but the fact is places as Dallas and south Florida still have higher pay markets than the rural areas up north. I happen to live in a larger southern city that $300,000 will buy a monster sized house.

OK, bad example but the fact is places as Dallas and south Florida still have higher pay markets than the rural areas up north. I happen to live in a larger southern city that $300,000 will buy a monster sized house.

When you say monster sized, what does that mean? How many sqare feet, how many car garage, etc etc. Just curious and thinking maybe I should move.

When you say monster sized, what does that mean? How many sqare feet, how many car garage, etc etc. Just curious and thinking maybe I should move.

No you shouldn't move. I looked around. $349,000 will buy up to a 6200 SF house, small lot but very nice suburb.

usually places like these, the economy stinks..You can get a mansion in Michigan, detroit for example for like 40K but no jobs

No you shouldn't move. I looked around. $349,000 will buy up to a 6200 SF house, small lot but very nice suburb.

Where I live, $349,000 does not buy a house like that. I think I would like living in the south for the mild winters. What does $200,000 buy you?

usually places like these, the economy stinks..You can get a mansion in Michigan, detroit for example for like 40K but no jobs

I think I would like to live in a place where there are no winters. Michigan is definitely NOT on my list.

We used to have a "Stafford" Va terminal and they shut it down back in 2002, so that area was given to the Richmond, VA (NRM) terminal. A few guys from that terminal are still left, most of them have moved down here but a few still live up north and commute each day. Still, Winchester covers half of northern va as well, but pay scales are of course much lower than the old "central" ccx terminals. A P&D run to Alexandria from the NRM terminal is average of 250 to 300 miles a day.

Its not where you are, but what they wanna pay you. Northern Virginia has one of the HIGHEST costs of living yet paid as if they do not....

WOW!!!! One region gets paid more than another, so on and so on....you guys all perform the same duties on a daily basis then (YOU) should (ALL) be paid the same scale!! Just throwing that out there, but then again thats the (Conway Way) of doing things. Happy Trails and Be Safe.

WOW!!!! One region gets paid more than another, so on and so on....you guys all perform the same duties on a daily basis then (YOU) should (ALL) be paid the same scale!! Just throwing that out there, but then again thats the (Conway Way) of doing things. Happy Trails and Be Safe.
They charge different rates in different regions..that's why the pay is different. You would know that if you worked here.

They charge different rates in different regions..that's why the pay is different. You would know that if you worked here.
So what!? Is it the employees' fault that they charge a different rate? Do the employees do the same job?