Holland | Rebranding tractors

According to the garage mgr in GR these new Volvo's will be assigned to BIDS not Drivers. Then your truck will be assigned to someone else. If you get off that bid, you will be assigned yet a different tractor. You will not get your old one back. They have the new urea injection emissions systems and supposedly they don't want to spend the money to equip all terminals with the means to refill the urea tanks. So much for decades of assigned equipment.

Ain't that a bunch of shi! That don't seem right, leave it to yellow to screw something else up!!! Just a way to start taking assigned trucks from us. yrc drivers probably crying about us having assigned trucks just like they did because our trucks would go 65mph!

You never seen a white Volvo before? There's a gazillion of them on the road. The cab hasn't changed for decades and only slight changes to the plastic nose. Boring and as ugly as ever.
At least they are Volvos. I'll take a boring Volvo over a sorry a$$ Freightliner or equally as bad a Sterling. Both are JUNK the only difference is the floor heat still works in the Freightliners.

A little of subject. I have to give to one of our Knoxville men. I'm on vacation in Gatlinburg, up ski mountain rd and saw a Holland headed up to Ober. I couldn't believe it. Hail to you driver, you are the man. If the hill not bad enough, the damn traffic is a killer by itself. Now back to the gloom and doom. Flash I'm still lookin for ya. Griz

A little of subject. I have to give to one of our Knoxville men. I'm on vacation in Gatlinburg, up ski mountain rd and saw a Holland headed up to Ober. I couldn't believe it. Hail to you driver, you are the man. If the hill not bad enough, the damn traffic is a killer by itself. Now back to the gloom and doom. Flash I'm still lookin for ya. Griz
I was down to Gatlinburg last year and thought to myself that it would be a massive pain in the rear to peddle. I drive my wife crazy when I say "I just want to walk behind to see if there is a way to deliver here" I look at all those racks of junk and know that somebody had wheel it in from somewhere, probably uphill a long ways.

I was down to Gatlinburg last year and thought to myself that it would be a massive pain in the rear to peddle. I drive my wife crazy when I say "I just want to walk behind to see if there is a way to deliver here" I look at all those racks of junk and know that somebody had wheel it in from somewhere, probably uphill a long ways.

Last time I was there a few LTL's were delivering to the trinket stores early in the morning. They would park against the curb or either on the sidewalk. No thanks! Glad I'm l/h.
As far as you guys tractor situation goes, it's the same here at Saia. We've found a way around it at my terminal. When the bids come out, just see if you can make a deal to keep your truck. I've had the same one for 4 years.

I ran Gatlinburg Pidgon Forge Sevierville for 20 years for cf you were very tired man after the day. At one time i bet there was not ten docks in the hold county.One thing about finishing up at Holland I never had to go back up there and you don't get up there now on my time.

Sir you are a driver. To handle that Ski Mtn Rd is a days work itself. I left Gatlinburg today and saw our driver going into the fire again.

I'm still alive and kickin' Bro. About 2.5 hours East of you.

Damn your hard to track down. I've sent agents(r/drivers), mail via freight grafity" iTunes's your dock hands don't know ( N- F). Glad your still kicked. Stay warm. Griz

I though you went to Nashville??? Before I retired that was West of Gatlinburg but I threw out my maps and my Alam Clock. :biggrin:
Sorry for the confusion. I meant that I'm 2.5 hours East of his home, not East of Gatlinburg. He's only on vacation over to Gatlinburg. I'm still over by Nashville.:wavey:

Sorry for the confusion. I meant that I'm 2.5 hours East of his home, not East of Gatlinburg. He's only on vacation over to Gatlinburg. I'm still over by Nashville.:wavey:
Poor Griz, last we knew he was heading East on the Blue Ridge looking for ya.......Just having fun, good to hear your doing OK. :redface:

Ain't that a bunch of shi! That don't seem right, leave it to yellow to screw something else up!!! Just a way to start taking assigned trucks from us. yrc drivers probably crying about us having assigned trucks just like they did because our trucks would go 65mph!
A little slip seating and you will be like the rest of the union drivers out there. If it makes you feel better, UPS bids runs to keep their trucks also. :crybaby::732: