XPO | Rebranding

conway trucker

TB Lurker
Credits
:Truck Goes To Shop To Be Rebranded. They Paint The Frame{ Econo Paint Job} ,keep It For A Week And Call And Say Its Ready. It Comes Back With The Same Decals ! We Have Best Shops In The Industry. Compared To What?: Explain This One To Me. DOES ALL THE RUNS MAKE IT A CUSTOM JOB?:1036316054:

When the tractor I used to drive on my old bid was rebranded it took all three weeks for the paint to start to peel. Nice trashy look with the green showing under the black.:wtflol:

:Truck Goes To Shop To Be Rebranded. They Paint The Frame{ Econo Paint Job} ,keep It For A Week And Call And Say Its Ready. It Comes Back With The Same Decals ! We Have Best Shops In The Industry. Compared To What?: Explain This One To Me. DOES ALL THE RUNS MAKE IT A CUSTOM JOB?:1036316054:

Quisk custom job is right!
No sandblasting needed, just do a quick power wash of the frame, spray paint on it, (not that it matters much since some of it gets washed off in the first rain storm!)
No need to worry about the overspray all over the fuel tanks.
As far as the new decals, don't bother washing the cab first, since the dirt gets covered up anyway. just put on the new decals right over top of the old ones. Oh yes, the old ones show right through if you look close.
But all is fine, since it all looks good from a distance! Makes you feel like crap driving the newly painted, decaled truck, but it wears off after time! You'll get used to it!

What you got was a custom paint job. you should be proud. runs overspray painting wires hoses. Did you think youd get a quality job from conway.

I biggest question was, why did they just order the trucks with normal black frames when they were new, not orange, green or whatever.

almost every other company has black frames and it works just fine for them.

Same *****, different dress.

my question is, April 2008 will be 2 YEARS since they announced the new Con-Way logo, why is there still a butt load of equipment still with the old logos or with no logos ( newer tractors) ???

if you saw some of the first trucks that came in with the new colors, the frames were blue. they decided to go with black later because of the additional cost of the factory painting the frames blue (black is standard). just think how much money they spent (WASTED) on colored frames over the years...they probably could have put a stereo in every truck for that price.:duh: --:boat:

What is odd is that even most of us lowly drivers were expecting a consolidation of the regionals after we started inter-lining 12(?) years ago.

rebrading million mile trucks

at our terminal we get 2001 trucks turning a million miles back with the new brands on them.i guess we are going for 2 million miles

The only thing I can figure is that painting the truck should be an 8 hour job, but Con-way is only paying for 5. Thats why they don't bother with masking tape. I got one back today. The frame was indeed black. As were the mudflaps, tire chains, lights, fifth wheel, tanks, tires, etc. I'm pretty sure the contractor was running a chop shop. We did better work in auto shop in high school.

it all about the $s who will do it for the fewest $s will get the work , more for less .....like everything else they do.....want a caddy for a kia price and warranty that while your at it please............

hey i like to say that the shop did a excellent real great looking job my truck look real good the did a good job paint in nice and good and they did a real good on the logos great job you guys