Estes | Rehires

Moneyman01

Proud to be a dad!
Credits
Does estes do rehires? I talked to one of my buddies that still works there and he heard the Estes doesnt do rehires and he said thats a corporate thing. Do you guys know if its true or not? Also would it be worth it to do the Utility job to get back in the door?

Sure they do rehires. Of course it would be a good idea to have had a good standing with your terminal.Go talk to the TM. If you can get back on,no matter what,do so.

I do have a good standing there and the Tm said he would hire me back but the guy i talk to said it was a corporate thing. I just had a interview at vitran for a linehaul driver. So i could maybe a linehaul driver at vitran or a utility driver at estes possibly. Tough choice cuz i really want to do linehaul but i think estes is a better company.

Your terminal manager is correct, the company does rehire individuals who have left for various reason as long as they were in good standing when they parted ways. There would have to be an opening and you would have to file out a new application etc, etc.

Rehires....

I think on the rehire thing, they have a one year waiting period. Not sure. Maybe a phone call to HR would help you out. Just ask what your status and options are. Best of luck to you.

They have policies but i've seen them change. It depends on who you are. Yes they will do re-hires. I know a boy who quit then came back and didn't lose a thing. I know folks who quit and wasn't allowed to come back.

I do have a good standing there and the Tm said he would hire me back but the guy i talk to said it was a corporate thing. I just had a interview at vitran for a linehaul driver. So i could maybe a linehaul driver at vitran or a utility driver at estes possibly. Tough choice cuz i really want to do linehaul but i think estes is a better company.

i think estes is your best bet for job security.

Yes they do rehire if you left in good standing. If I were you I'd get back on as soon as possible as they seem to be on a hiring binge right now and many terminals are hiring again as they predict "higher freight levels in the near future."

RUN! don't walk, to your nearest terminal no matter what position they give you as you may regret it if you don't.

yes Estes does rehire, If you get back on within one calandar year you could get all your benifits back as well. Keep in touch with your old TM. Keep calling him if you really want to come back. Good Luck

if you where a productive part of the family i see no problem getting back on

Hey legshot is that a picture of your truck that Cptn Estes has on his avatar?
You said one time you've had the same truck for alot of years.

I talked to the TM yesterday and that Utility driver position was filled 6 weeks ago. But he said he might have a job for me cuz there redoing there linehauls and they might be looking for a extra board driver when they get done but he wasnt fully sure. So now im in a pickle and dont know what to do. Do i turn down vitran (if they offer me the job)and wait for estes or do i just go to vitran? I really want back in at estes but i'm scared to turn down vitran and then estes says sorry we dont have any openings.

I talked to the TM yesterday and that Utility driver position was filled 6 weeks ago. But he said he might have a job for me cuz there redoing there linehauls and they might be looking for a extra board driver when they get done but he wasnt fully sure. So now im in a pickle and dont know what to do. Do i turn down vitran (if they offer me the job)and wait for estes or do i just go to vitran? I really want back in at estes but i'm scared to turn down vitran and then estes says sorry we dont have any openings.
Hire at Vitran, then when Estes calls you say sorry got to go, thats what I did when I left fredex, I got hired by Affiliated Foods, then Tankersley called, I had to call Affiliated and give them the bad news, he was pissed but hey, you want the best right?

I dont have to worry about Vitran anymore cuz they filled the positions. but i need to get out of my job i have now i cant stand it and im miserable. i applied for a linehaul job with Nebraska Transport Co. so we'll see what happens with that