FedEx Freight | Remember when.... AF Thread

We used to toss a can of maxwell into the box before dropping at Krafts. Krafts were very picky. Actually insufferable if they smelled something in there other than food products like... coffee.

He he he.

There has been times Ive been tempted to stop by a sez shop and buy some scented stuff. Toss a bucket of that and hand trailer to the kraft people who probably have not been laid in 6 months or more.

Let's remember some good things about at AF

Remember when the trailers were swept out clean every time one was unloaded regardless of if it was going on the empty line or being loaded.

If it.makes you feel better, I think we have a few old AF trailers in our terminal still. If I bring it back empty I still sweep it out. Man they are raggedy.

I have had many bosses who could not be bothered to get a damn. Or give one.

Ive had a few bosses who treated their remuda of drivers correct. As people. SO... one is more inclined to cross a rubicon with a 18 wheeler when they ask please? in regards to a load problem in trucking.

I remember one who became borderline abusive. 2 minutes after that he had no driver. I had left. It was at the time one of the easiest things to do leave for good. Just needed to complete the thought process to see if it was worth staying. It was not.

I can remember having confidence in local management. Because they had operational experience. And common sense. My first terminal mgr kept a pair of coveralls hanging in his office, and he would work the dock when the operation was busy.

Let's remember some good things about at AF

Remember when the trailers were swept out clean every time one was unloaded regardless of if it was going on the empty line or being loaded.
Remember when we had Employee Handbooks for work rules and benefits. We got a new one every year with any changes notated. We also had separate Driver Handbooks with very detailed information on policies and procedures.