Yellow | Remember When???

Back in the day when we used to talk to each other on the CB or at least wave when we meet on the highway !!!

Lived just a few miles from there for some very good years...

My first taste of the open road, shuttling trailers to Mexico, Centralia, Fayette and Fulton.

Lived just a few miles from there for some very good years...

My first taste of the open road, shuttling trailers to Mexico, Centralia, Fayette and Fulton.

Kind of reminds me of when you could drive to Florida, Mexico, Peru and Vienna without ever leaving New York state. :smile:

That is where I knew I wanted to be a Teamster! The commadre amongst them regardless of company. They were TEAMSTERS first!

2 long tables end to end. If I recall 18 chairs. EVERYBODY ate there. PIE, TransCon, C-F, Yellow, Roadway, Churchill and many others. Those were the days when Teamsters ruled LTL!

2 long tables end to end. If I recall 18 chairs. EVERYBODY ate there. PIE, TransCon, C-F, Yellow, Roadway, Churchill and many others. Those were the days when Teamsters ruled LTL!
Yes that was a good place. It would be nice if they brought back the Springfield Mo. run.

Back in the day when we used to talk to each other on the CB or at least wave when we meet on the highway !!!

Not only talk to each other, but talk to the State & local Police (and meet some of them for coffee), talk to some fine looking commuters (and meet some of them for coffee). There were times my 304 mile turn would take almost 15 hours on Saturday because of making all the Thruway service area visits to meet "friends" for coffee. :smile:

Knowing a NY Trooper from the CB saved me from a summons one day when I was daydreaming and went flying by his radar gun on I81. Another time running "front door" for a collection of four wheelers on the Thruway a Trooper friend heard me and did a u-turn to follow us and he and I were goofing on the CB while the four wheelers were freaking about the "smokey bear on our back door" not realizing it was the "bear" telling me he didn't see any "bear" anywhere. We definitely had some fun times back in those days.

Not only talk to each other, but talk to the State & local Police (and meet some of them for coffee), talk to some fine looking commuters (and meet some of them for coffee). There were times my 304 mile turn would take almost 15 hours on Saturday because of making all the Thruway service area visits to meet "friends" for coffee. :smile:

Knowing a NY Trooper from the CB saved me from a summons one day when I was daydreaming and went flying by his radar gun on I81. Another time running "front door" for a collection of four wheelers on the Thruway a Trooper friend heard me and did a u-turn to follow us and he and I were goofing on the CB while the four wheelers were freaking about the "smokey bear on our back door" not realizing it was the "bear" telling me he didn't see any "bear" anywhere. We definitely had some fun times back in those days.

You breaking the law! Shame on you, Triplex.:732::Poke: :hysterical: :stirthepot:

I asked a road driver the other day where is radio box was, he showed me his cell phone. I asked why he had a large Playmate cooler with him and I was told ( I don't stop at truck stops anymore) 5 to 600 mile trips and eat on the run, man you talk about messing up your body, I am glad I transferred to local cartage, I hate to eat dinner by myself. Oh the Good Ole days

I asked a road driver the other day where is radio box was, he showed me his cell phone. I asked why he had a large Playmate cooler with him and I was told ( I don't stop at truck stops anymore) 5 to 600 mile trips and eat on the run, man you talk about messing up your body, I am glad I transferred to local cartage, I hate to eat dinner by myself. Oh the Good Ole days

I'd rather drink bottled water and eat peanut crackers versus eating fast food grease.

Bottled water? Yuck!! The only thing safe to drink out of a bottle is beer. :guiness:
bud-light-platinum.jpg