ABF | Residential delivery

Hey...where did you get that picture of my trailer of every single day of my time at ABF??? Bahahaha!!! Seriously though, this picture epitomizes how out of touch the ‘uppers’ were/still are on how to make a proper residential delivery. Let’s start with the proper equipment needed to complete the delivery. A 1200-pound crate...over-sized...from a liftgate. Nice. You mentioned you had several guys out on WC? I can see why. Send this picture to your Shop Steward, hopefully he can help prevent this kind of stuff (although, mine didn’t). Next, follow up with your BA. This delivery has flatbed written all over it.

I delivered a safe one time and the terminal manager showed up to help. Long story short all the guys filed. The manager isn’t there anymore. Kind of sad though. Was a great guy.
I delivered a safe one time and the terminal manager showed up to help. Long story short all the guys filed. The manager isn’t there anymore. Kind of sad though. Was a great guy.
Oh yes...safes. Those top-heavy monsters that only people who live on hills with gravel driveways order? We used to CRINGE when the Costco coupon book came out with those on sale.

Ain’t that the truth!!
I kept a very dirty pair of gloves in the truck. When I had an exercise machine and the wife comes to the door and said it goes down/upstairs, I'd run them dirty gloves across the box leaving streaks. Then explain how we use propane forklift and how dirty and sooty the box gets, and asks does she really want that in her house. Then suggest we put it in the garage and let her husband unbox it there. If the husband answers the door same spiel, only add I know what my wife would do if I brought it in her clean house. Can't tell how fast they trip over themselves opening the garage door. Daddy always said, I will work for what I got, so work smarter not harder.

I kept a very dirty pair of gloves in the truck. When I had an exercise machine and the wife comes to the door and said it goes down/upstairs, I'd run them dirty gloves across the box leaving streaks. Then explain how we use propane forklift and how dirty and sooty the box gets, and asks does she really want that in her house. Then suggest we put it in the garage and let her husband unbox it there. If the husband answers the door same spiel, only add I know what my wife would do if I brought it in her clean house. Can't tell how fast they trip over themselves opening the garage door. Daddy always said, I will work for what I got, so work smarter not harder.
Pretty clever! I wish I’d thought of that...two bad knees/hips earlier.