FedEx Freight | Road Driver Questions

It's a little confusing at first, but it's getting figured out. It'd be a lot easier if I can access this stuff from home.

The copyright board says "Lazy Bastard" can not be trademarked because it's another term for supervisor, dispatcher and/or linehaul driver.

However, I'm willing to come to a reasonable settlement if it's determined a patent was stepped on.

All that being said, I'll use my favorite legal term now

Pro Bono :lmao:
Here's the link to it, but I can't remember how you register.

Let me check with BB... He knows my numbers better than I do, down to retirement. I'll get back to you.
Your right...
I'd pass making 100 grand a year plus my 401 k to dabble with things that don't male me any money.
I'm sure I'd be retired by 55 with that thinking.

So you make less from your main source?
Gotcha.

Depends. I control what I can. I don't worry about freight levels or the situations of side hustles. Everything is fluid because that's where things are right now. Would you prefer it if I sat by the phone or called dispatch begging for work? You probably would, but that's not me and if I can pass on work I don't want to do so somebody below me can feed their family, I will because I don't need it right now.

Depends. I control what I can. I don't worry about freight levels or the situations of side hustles. Everything is fluid because that's where things are right now. Would you prefer it if I sat by the phone or called dispatch begging for work? You probably would, but that's not me and if I can pass on work I don't want to do so somebody below me can feed their family, I will because I don't need it right now.
Sounds like a plan.

Sounds like a plan.

It's a beautiful plan and it's a shame you're so fixated on that 100k that you can't see what's happening.

When was the last time we got a raise that kept up with cost of living, while the company far exceeds that 10% OM goal?

Instead of paying us more, they're looking for a way to do away with us with self driving trucks. I think that technology is far away, but doesn't change the fact they're making the moves.

You think it's a good idea to put all of my eggs in that basket to make a measley 100k? That's a bad idea and short sighted. Smith system applies to life too.

The reason companies can't find employees is because people are learning how to take skills, services and goods directly to the consumer without a corporation and that's across the board from the plumber to the entertainer. A singer doesn't need a record label and distribution anymore, they go straight to YouTube and Spotify. They don't make money doing that, but it gets to the masses and those masses buy concert tickets and then it pays off.

There's plenty of things your average Joe can do to make money without relying on a corporation and that's what you need to do to really keep yourself in a secure space.

Let's say I take everything they offer and I make 100k and I rely on that and then they fire me tomorrow.... Then what? Been there and I'm not doing it again.

It's a beautiful plan and it's a shame you're so fixated on that 100k that you can't see what's happening.

When was the last time we got a raise that kept up with cost of living, while the company far exceeds that 10% OM goal?

Instead of paying us more, they're looking for a way to do away with us with self driving trucks. I think that technology is far away, but doesn't change the fact they're making the moves.

You think it's a good idea to put all of my eggs in that basket to make a measley 100k? That's a bad idea and short sighted. Smith system applies to life too.

The reason companies can't find employees is because people are learning how to take skills, services and goods directly to the consumer without a corporation and that's across the board from the plumber to the entertainer. A singer doesn't need a record label and distribution anymore, they go straight to YouTube and Spotify. They don't make money doing that, but it gets to the masses and those masses buy concert tickets and then it pays off.

There's plenty of things your average Joe can do to make money without relying on a corporation and that's what you need to do to really keep yourself in a secure space.

Let's say I take everything they offer and I make 100k and I rely on that and then they fire me tomorrow.... Then what? Been there and I'm not doing it again.
Very good post there S69. You are wise not to put all your eggs in one basket.
Plus, when the company recognizes that you are not dependent on the scraps they want to throw you, you have the advantage over them. Especially if your job abilities are above average. Every employer wants to retain their better workers at all cost.

Sounds like you need to start your own business.
As a matter fact my last raise at FedEx was 9%

Very good post there S69. You are wise not to put all your eggs in one basket.
Plus, when the company recognizes that you are not dependent on the scraps they want to throw you, you have the advantage over them. Especially if your job abilities are above average. Every employer wants to retain their better workers at all cost.
It makes zero difference if they know you have some side gig.
Plus you only have the advantage if you quit.

Sounds like you need to start your own business.
As a matter fact my last raise at FedEx was 9%
And yet you were on the ABF forum saying that we (ABF) should be happy with a 50-cent raise per hour a year on our upcoming contract starting July 1 of 2023. Care to explain the logic in us (ABF) only getting a 50-cent raise per hour next year while you enjoyed a 9% raise this year? What did that 9% raise amount to per hour? Around $3.00 an hour?