Reddaway | Sacramento Decertify?

usfsactown

TB Lurker
Credits
if your not proud that your finally going to get a pension,or a say so at work,or more choices on bid day get out of my Barn! Those of us who did the math,or have family who get a Pension check every month for the rest of their life, were not drinking the stone-coolaide anymore.Wise-up decert-boy, the man is going to use you like a baby uses a diaper! So stop kissin that:butt kiss: & be a man.

decert from the union

Who is this directed to?

you been driving at nite too long; there are some dimwits in sacramento that want to decert from local #150. They would rather screw their fellow teamster brothers in the back and drink the cool-aid that mgmt gives them. Are you getting the big picture now Turtle? Dont you want a pension Turtle? Or do you want to die in a truck. There are those in sac ca.,that want to die in the truck,they dont want to retire EVER! In the year 2008 would ever believe that their are truck drivers afraid to be union,who dont want a pension?

pension for sactown??????

why would you want to depend on the teamsters AFTER u retire? you should bulid your own money and have your own retirement acount.. I got 100,000 dollars that is alreddy MY money in a 401k.. and reddaway puts 5.5 % into it every yr... if i need 20 k when Im 65 to by a car i just get the money and buy it... what will you do ?:borrow agaist a monthly check. yea thats smart , and pay intrest too:hysterical:if a pension is ur security blanket it must be real dirty from draging it around all your life charlie brown:biglaugh:

If any Teamster in the western region believes their 401K will, in any way, be equal to or better than the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension plan the responsible thing to do is call the pension trust and ask them to give a presentation at a General membership meeting or a special meeting or something. They will do it and the information you will receive is priceless. They are not there selling anything just giving you hard facts.

better yet lets just roll till we are 67 and get that SSA check It should be enough right???

How is it Fontana is the only terminal in the system that you show up to work pretrip get dispatched go find a hooked set that still has the landing gear down on the rear box, no airlines hooked up and once you get everything taken care of that the hostler didn't do, you roll out the gate 45 minutes to a hour later and you dont earn a dime for all of this. :chairshot:...I get paid for my yard time, I can't figure out how you guy's let them get away with this but maybe you could use some representation or just keep getting screwed.:nutkick: The way I figure it your costing your family about $50 to $75 a week thats $2500 to $3750 a year because you like to work for free :mfight:....So I ask you this if you took that money over the years and put it in your retirement with interest how much would it compound into???

How is it Fontana is the only terminal in the system that you show up to work pretrip get dispatched go find a hooked set that still has the landing gear down on the rear box, no airlines hooked up and once you get everything taken care of that the hostler didn't do, you roll out the gate 45 minutes to a hour later and you dont earn a dime for all of this. :chairshot:...I get paid for my yard time, I can't figure out how you guy's let them get away with this but maybe you could use some representation or just keep getting screwed.:nutkick: The way I figure it your costing your family about $50 to $75 a week thats $2500 to $3750 a year because you like to work for free :mfight:....So I ask you this if you took that money over the years and put it in your retirement with interest how much would it compound into???
You're right about that. Just last week they gave me a set of trailers that weren't hooked. I found the first one right away but the second one took me a while. After braking up the set I brought in, waiting for paperwork, finding and hooking my new set and going back around to sign and dispatch out, it was an hour and a half later. The little short man in there (all you socal boys know who I'm talking about) would only sign for 15 minutes of delay time along with my half hour drop and hook. That kind of stuff has to be stopped somehow. I know that can't be the only problem out of there. I know someone who's been running line out of there for 9 years and ran 6 months with out his assigned truck last year because it kept going out with a local driver and wasn't brought back in time. F that crap.

compounded!!!!!!

300.00 a month< for 20 years, at a 11% apr.would be
259,691.41 dollars... does this help???

pension

If any Teamster in the western region believes their 401K will, in any way, be equal to or better than the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension plan the responsible thing to do is call the pension trust and ask them to give a presentation at a General membership meeting or a special meeting or something. They will do it and the information you will receive is priceless. They are not there selling anything just giving you hard facts.
my non uinon 401k is far far far more SUPERIOR than a teamster pension.... did they tell you that you still have to pay monthly dues after you stop working just to get it? Did you know that there are some things that can disqualify you
from even getting it? like I said my 401k money is already mine, I dont have to (apply here) and ask a steward CAN i have some cash

300.00 a month< for 20 years, at a 11% apr.would be
259,691.41 dollars... does this help???

Good luck making 11% average on the ridiculous choices you get from USF's 401k plan! Also the money put into the pension outweighs the $$ put into the 401k from the match. Union employees have the best of both worlds, pension and a 401k! :1036316054:

One personal health crisis and your 401k is gone. Do you really believe that you will have millions of dollars in your acct. by retirement time? Good luck.

USF523 and all those concerned on this forum the Teamsters do have a 401k investment plan through Mass Mutual. If you want to join its optional. This has nothing to do with your Locals pension. There are choices on how you would want your pre-tax monies invested. You can find out about it on the Teamsters website. And I would add that if you are a Union employee the company WOULD NOT be matching anything. But then again your Teamster pension would more than make up for the small percentage the company now matches for you. One thing I don't understand is how can you take out for a car loan? If this is a true 401k it should not be touched until you reach age 59 1/2. Otherwise the withdrawl would be taxed plus a 10% penalty.

Be union be non union, blah blah f...ing blah. I see it's the same ol song and dance. You guys need to do your self a favr and make a frigin decision and stick to it. Enough already........ Glad I'm gone, nothing but a bunch of backsliding sas talking fence riders. out.

car loan?

USF523 and all those concerned on this forum the Teamsters do have a 401k investment plan through Mass Mutual. If you want to join its optional. This has nothing to do with your Locals pension. There are choices on how you would want your pre-tax monies invested. You can find out about it on the Teamsters website. And I would add that if you are a Union employee the company WOULD NOT be matching anything. But then again your Teamster pension would more than make up for the small percentage the company now matches for you. One thing I don't understand is how can you take out for a car loan? If this is a true 401k it should not be touched until you reach age 59 1/2. Otherwise the withdrawl would be taxed plus a 10% penalty.
maybe u should reread what I said... I said when Im 65 and if I want to by a car.... go reread before you post!!!!!!.I just pull out my cash.. and yes I will have a million in 20 years.. now tell me what will you do on a losey 3 to 4 k a month..... borrow the money to buy something big????????:1036316054:

no i wount have millions

Good luck making 11% average on the ridiculous choices you get from USF's 401k plan! Also the money put into the pension outweighs the $$ put into the 401k from the match. Union employees have the best of both worlds, pension and a 401k! :1036316054:

One personal health crisis and your 401k is gone. Do you really believe that you will have millions of dollars in your acct. by retirement time? Good luck.
no i wont have millions,,,maybe a mill or 800 to 900k.. but that will be my money what do teamsters give/ a monthly check WOW? dont spend it all in 1 week then u will broke all month waiting for the mailman:hysterical:

maybe u should reread what I said... I said when Im 65 and if I want to by a car.... go reread before you post!!!!!!.I just pull out my cash.. and yes I will have a million in 20 years.. now tell me what will you do on a losey 3 to 4 k a month..... borrow the money to buy something big????????:1036316054:

You need to read up on the tax laws concerning withdrawals from your 401K.
As I understand it, once you start distributions, they must be equal your your estimated life expectancy. These calulations are made at the time you start to withdraw funds ( after 59 1/2 years and before 70 ) so your statement that could take any amount ( for a car ) is incorrect unless you wanted to face a large tax liability and an extra early withdrawal fee on top that the tax.
On another note I read that you posted ... perhaps in your area it is true, but what makes you think you must pay union dues once you retire? No other area location I know of does that. You retire, you get a retirement card and collect your pension.
It sounds like many of your so-called &quot;facts&quot; are pulled from the air, or the anti-union crowd, who without ever belonging to any union wouldn't know what they are talking about anyway.

no i wont have millions,,,maybe a mill or 800 to 900k.. but that will be my money what do teamsters give/ a monthly check WOW? dont spend it all in 1 week then u will broke all month waiting for the mailman:hysterical:

Another note of interest, which you may not believe. I too have a personal IRA, which I opened over 20 years ago. I was told then I would have a million at retirement ... yea RIGHT ! They forgot to mention something about those thieves who reside on Wall Street ... watch that stock market, and as the market goes, so goes your precious million. The little man never wins, that is why a defined benifit pension fund is the best thing for the small working man. I know I'll have more security with my teamster pension then with my IRA.

my non uinon 401k is far far far more SUPERIOR than a teamster pension.... did they tell you that you still have to pay monthly dues after you stop working just to get it? Did you know that there are some things that can disqualify you
from even getting it? like I said my 401k money is already mine, I dont have to (apply here) and ask a steward CAN i have some cash

Just as I thought. You've been misinformed by management or somebody. You don't pay dues once you retire.

I cannot think of anything that disqualifies me from getting my pension. Would you explain. Obviously you know about it.

The 401K is yours just as my pension is mine. My pension doesn't fluctuate like a 401K does and for you to say you will have any amount is premature because you don't know what you will have. I will know what I will have.

Sorry but again you are misinformed. A steward has nothing to do with my pension. I am sent a check every month. No hand outs, I have earned it and the company has paid 100% of what is in there. You on the other hand have paid an enormous amount for your 401K by the time you get to it. If you get to it.

Lastly, with my PEER 80 I can retire at age 53. A whole 12 years before you say you will. I hope you live that long while I have been perfecting my golf game.