Yellow | SAIA bought the Holland N. Lima terminal

That could be why Maislin closed :lmao: :lmao:
I always carried my lunch in a bag and sold the bags in bulk to a Big R driver
In my heavy socializing CB radio days at Maislin it would take me 15 or so hours to turn Albany out of Kearny (316 miles) on a Saturday. Usually had a solid load of newsprint so Op Mgr was OK with that. Had to keep my CB "friends" happy by stopping at each service area to meet up with them. :17142:

That could be why Maislin closed :lmao: :lmao:
I always carried my lunch in a bag and sold the bags in bulk to a Big R driver
This could be why they "needed" doubles, triples, and wider and longer and taller trailers too.
Those were Yellow Freight stops except for Black Bear which was also Maislin. Come to think of it, didn't Yellow close also? :hide:

You were in linehaul. In city operations we didn't have time for an hour lunch.
Bull ::shit::, I worked P&D at many jobs, seniority and casual even UPS Parcel Feeder, and we always had an hour for lunch. We were treated like humans not like the foolish dashers today.

Bull ::::shit::::, I worked P&D at many jobs, seniority and casual even UPS Parcel Feeder, and we always had an hour for lunch. We were treated like humans not like the foolish dashers today.
We only got a half hour at the end of Yellow.
And no doubt a road driver could get a letter for delaying freight for taking an hour lunch with dock and city guys waiting for freight.

We only got a half hour at the end of Yellow.
And no doubt a road driver could get a letter for delaying freight for taking an hour lunch with dock and city guys waiting for freight.
Never got a letter or a warning. Always looked out for my body/health with no issues. :smile new:

The Middlesex Diner was a great place to eat. And a short stroll from the motel we stayed at.
Went there regularly after starting back to Mayberry after a Harrisburg turn. Great food, nice waitresses. :1036316054: Brasserie Manoir was also just a block away from Montreal motel. Great meal, good Canadian brews and a nice night's sleep. :smile new:

Yup, and they took over downtown Pittsburgh, Pa also, Stimpy. They’d send them on peddle runs there with a 53’ and when they came back in the evenings the trailers would look like somebody scraped a farm tractor down the sides of them and they wouldn’t have any placard frames left on the sidewalls of the trailers, either..
Sounds like most trailers at Estes… drivers and hostlers destroy our trailers… I’ve seen more crushed top corners and torn up placard holders in the past 5 months than I have in my entire driving career. Finally pulled a Yellow trailer this morning, noticed it had no rub rails. If they get treated like every other trailer we own those things won’t last a month.

I84 Diner in Fishkill, Middlesex Diner in Carlisle, Black Bear in Pottersville, Brasserie Manoir in Point Claire (Montreal), just to name a few. I treat myself well and take the time to smell the roses so to speak. :17142: :1036316054:
When I was at OD we stayed at that hotel right next to the Middlesex Diner, noticed that’s where Yellow guys stayed too… I loved bunking in Carlisle, I’d walk to the Middlesex, excellent food.