Yellow | Sale approved

Real Teamster

TB Veteran
Credits
OK folks, it's official. This morning the Judge in Delaware approved the sale of approximately 130 terminals that were auctioned last month. What will happen next? That's anybody's guess, but in my view this puts a bigger dark cloud on the prospect of Sarah Amico resurrecting the company in any significant form. It is of course a sad day, but totally expected. I will once again raise my long-standing "banner" on this whole mess:

Thanks, Bill Zollars, for putting us into this debacle 20 years ago. Thanks, James Welch, for trying to pull it out. Thanks Darren Hawkins for trying to remove the mosquitos from all of our intestines by attempting to blow smoke up our rumps. Thanks to the "glass house" gang in general for demonstrating that if you don't know your rump from a hole in the ground, you too can destroy a good 99-year old company and 30,000 careers right along with it. I calculate that you folks are 70% to blame.

While we're rolling the credits, thanks Sean O'Brien for showing us all what a "tough guy" you are (or think you are anyway). I'm sure glad that you and you alone can decide the fate of 22,000 of your dues-paying members' careers without even asking them to vote on it. So are you going to cure God-knows how many foreclosures, compensate for God-knows how many personal bankruptcies, somehow reverse at least a handful of suicides as well as all the other tragedy that we're experiencing? After all, you represent us, right? I calculate that you are 15% to blame.
Finally, thanks to some of our brethren who worked very hard at doing as little as possible, but still expecting the same paycheck that those of us who worked our tails off for this company actually earned. I hope you're very proud of yourselves. Somebody needs to be proud of you, am I'm not that somebody. I calculate that you caused 15% of this mess.

You may not like what I have to say here, but I'm saying it anyway because I wholeheartedly believe it to be accurate, fair and relevant.

OK folks, it's official. This morning the Judge in Delaware approved the sale of approximately 130 terminals that were auctioned last month. What will happen next? That's anybody's guess, but in my view this puts a bigger dark cloud on the prospect of Sarah Amico resurrecting the company in any significant form. It is of course a sad day, but totally expected. I will once again raise my long-standing "banner" on this whole mess:

Thanks, Bill Zollars, for putting us into this debacle 20 years ago. Thanks, James Welch, for trying to pull it out. Thanks Darren Hawkins for trying to remove the mosquitos from all of our intestines by attempting to blow smoke up our rumps. Thanks to the "glass house" gang in general for demonstrating that if you don't know your rump from a hole in the ground, you too can destroy a good 99-year old company and 30,000 careers right along with it. I calculate that you folks are 70% to blame.

While we're rolling the credits, thanks Sean O'Brien for showing us all what a "tough guy" you are (or think you are anyway). I'm sure glad that you and you alone can decide the fate of 22,000 of your dues-paying members' careers without even asking them to vote on it. So are you going to cure God-knows how many foreclosures, compensate for God-knows how many personal bankruptcies, somehow reverse at least a handful of suicides as well as all the other tragedy that we're experiencing? After all, you represent us, right? I calculate that you are 15% to blame.
Finally, thanks to some of our brethren who worked very hard at doing as little as possible, but still expecting the same paycheck that those of us who worked our tails off for this company actually earned. I hope you're very proud of yourselves. Somebody needs to be proud of you, am I'm not that somebody. I calculate that you caused 15% of this mess.

You may not like what I have to say here, but I'm saying it anyway because I wholeheartedly believe it to be accurate, fair and relevant.
First two paragraphs are how we got there, third is what happened when we got there. Bungled.

Last edited:
.... and thank you Judge Goldblatt for rubber stamping another corporate liquidation where the only benefactors are the hedge funds, executives and banking cartels that profited off of the hard working labor of blue collar, middle class Teamsters. Thank you for helping expand non union LTL carriers and reduce the competition and footprint of organized labor in the trucking industry. I'm sure your decision was based on what was best for "everyone" as stated in the following hilarious findings of fact, not to mention the omission of Next Century's going concern bid:

https://document.epiq11.com/documen...4&projectCode=YRC&docketNumber=1341&source=DM

Very sad day. I did some research on Sarah last night. Truly you think a failed Democrat politician was/is your best chance? Very sad day.
Well I didn't see anybody else stepping up, did you? I think the conspiracy theorists who claim that this is a "smoke-and-mirrors" show orchestrated to deflect attention and culpability away from SOB are likely onto something.

We all knew that this was the way it was going to go, I knew that as soon as I realized that Sarah/Next Century had to take her deal directly to Yellow Execs, they would never want to give anyone the chance to fix something that they so exclusively screwed up. This is a prime example of why we need corporate bankruptcy reform.

Well I didn't see anybody else stepping up, did you? I think the conspiracy theorists who claim that this is a "smoke-and-mirrors" show orchestrated to deflect attention and culpability away from SOB are likely onto something.
Lol I wouldn't get on that crazy train. 😜 Still a sad day. SOB will be just fine. Look the guy probably is an ass but he doesn't not own this. I would love to have a beer w the guy and talk about some hard truths. American workers are in trouble but the union needs some rebranding. IMO

When the Titanic sank, was it the icebergs' fault or all the water that rushed in. All the finger pointing isn't going to raise the ship. Find a lifeboat and move on with your life. This is from someone that had 3 different companies close and up end my life.
I will not stop driving, but my days in LTL are done. I will never lower myself to work for a non union LTL carrier

You are right, first Zollars shut down Kodak to nothing and had no business running a freight company. May be 1 day what goes around will happen to him and the rest of the FRAT BOYS !

When the Titanic sank, was it the icebergs' fault or all the water that rushed in. All the finger pointing isn't going to raise the ship. Find a lifeboat and move on with your life. This is from someone that had 3 different companies close and up end my life.
No it was the Captains fault for not steering around the Iceberg and sure he got a warning letter for it like our Safety Dept. used to mail out weekly for silly stuff !!

No it was the Captains fault for not steering around the Iceberg and sure he got a warning letter for it like our Safety Dept. used to mail out weekly for silly stuff !!
Wong, the Captain (William Smith) was in bed. It was a fairly junior grade operator that was steering the ship. Remember it was just before midnight. And there was no warning letter. He went down with the ship.
I hear you on the Safety department though. Both legacy companies had a tendency to "shoot first, aim (maybe) later" I have a small stack of letters that they had to issue subsequent retractions on.
Ours wasn't the only company that did stupid stuff like that though. I remember in my previous job, somebody ran into me on an icy downgrade. The Safety Manager ordered a "chargeable and preventable" warning letter, which my Ops manager balked at but had to issue anyway. I protested that, and justice was served. The Safety Manger got fired!

Last edited:
I posted the wrong link above, this is the link to read the BS ruling (Docket 1338) by Judge Goldplatt (Gold Foil), you will notice it reads like a political campaign solicitation of how wonderful his corporate donors have acted in the best interest of the (hedgefund, banker, executive) "stakeholders", err everybody except the union workers. Curious how a so called bankruptcy judge decides the CH11 "restructuring" he mentioned was used properly for immediate liquidation without giving a peep of credence to the going concern bid by Next Century. I hope an ethics investigation is filed and an objection & appeal made to the final decision, since when is restructuring considered liquidation???

https://document.epiq11.com/documen...3&projectCode=YRC&docketNumber=1338&source=DM

I will not stop driving, but my days in LTL are done. I will never lower myself to work for a non union LTL carrier
Most non union l.t.l:s pay more than truck load but to each their own. Pride goes before a fall. Humble yourself a little. Crap happens in life and we just have to roll with it. I call it embrace the suck because real life is hard and when you get knocked down keep getting back up. This is just how it is for blue collar families. For most people this aint no fairytale. It's a grind daily so enjoy the little things because in the end we all die. If you are a Christian you know this aint our home, and we are only passing through.

I posted the wrong link above, this is the link to read the BS ruling (Docket 1338) by Judge Goldplatt (Gold Foil), you will notice it reads like a political campaign solicitation of how wonderful his corporate donors have acted in the best interest of the (hedgefund, banker, executive) "stakeholders", err everybody except the union workers. Curious how a so called bankruptcy judge decides the CH11 "restructuring" he mentioned was used properly for immediate liquidation without giving a peep of credence to the going concern bid by Next Century. I hope an ethics investigation is filed and an objection & appeal made to the final decision, since when is restructuring considered liquidation???

https://document.epiq11.com/documen...3&projectCode=YRC&docketNumber=1338&source=DM
Rum, the docket you've linked to is the PROPOSED Order, crafted by Yellow's lawyers. It is highly likely that Goldblatt will sign that Proposed Order, but that will be a different docket