Yellow | Sale approved

Most non union l.t.l:s pay more than truck load but to each their own. Pride goes before a fall. Humble yourself a little. Crap happens in life and we just have to roll with it. I call it embrace the suck because real life is hard and when you get knocked down keep getting back up. This is just how it is for blue collar families. For most people this aint no fairytale. It's a grind daily so enjoy the little things because in the end we all die. If you are a Christian you know this aint our home, and we are only passing through.
Amen

Has nothing to do with being royalty, my kids are raised and I am at a point in life that I can be selective. I wish the same for you.
Be very selective because most truckload companies don't have the time off like l.t.l's and having to sleep in a truck instead of your own bed or at least a motel. Try Roehl they have a home time fleet out 7 off 3 out 7 off 4 but a lot of their stuff is north east into Canada then around to Wisconsin. May your travels be safe and your future prosperous. I hope each and every Yellow worker lands firmly on their feet and as one door close another may be open to hopefully something even better. We are all still in this together and our brotherhood and sisterhood of the highway still bond us together. These little differences in opinions and outlooks are what all families go through but we are still family.

Here is the final order Docket 1354, same nonsense with no questioning of reason for speedy liquidation or other restructuring alternatives:

https://document.epiq11.com/documen...3&projectCode=YRC&docketNumber=1354&source=DM
Nonsense? The judge has a fiduciary duty to creditors. Making secured creditors whole takes precedence over jobs selling watermelons for $1.00 that cost you $1.05.

If there weren't secured creditors willing to loan money, YRC would have closed shop 15 years ago.

The teamsters union is run by mostly privateers. They make bank, never lose when the membership does and it will be this way forever. Because the system is rigged. When there was a chance to make the teamsters a fair union , they didn't put term limits in the consent decree.

The teamsters union is run by mostly privateers. They make bank, never lose when the membership does and it will be this way forever. Because the system is rigged. When there was a chance to make the teamsters a fair union , they didn't put term limits in the consent decree.
Most unions that are still around are considered "business unions", not to be confused with the IWW and the old style Marxist revolutionary type unions.

You can get a history of the unions and how they evolved over time in most Intro to Labor Studies type courses.

OK folks, it's official. This morning the Judge in Delaware approved the sale of approximately 130 terminals that were auctioned last month. What will happen next? That's anybody's guess, but in my view this puts a bigger dark cloud on the prospect of Sarah Amico resurrecting the company in any significant form. It is of course a sad day, but totally expected. I will once again raise my long-standing "banner" on this whole mess:

Thanks, Bill Zollars, for putting us into this debacle 20 years ago. Thanks, James Welch, for trying to pull it out. Thanks Darren Hawkins for trying to remove the mosquitos from all of our intestines by attempting to blow smoke up our rumps. Thanks to the "glass house" gang in general for demonstrating that if you don't know your rump from a hole in the ground, you too can destroy a good 99-year old company and 30,000 careers right along with it. I calculate that you folks are 70% to blame.

While we're rolling the credits, thanks Sean O'Brien for showing us all what a "tough guy" you are (or think you are anyway). I'm sure glad that you and you alone can decide the fate of 22,000 of your dues-paying members' careers without even asking them to vote on it. So are you going to cure God-knows how many foreclosures, compensate for God-knows how many personal bankruptcies, somehow reverse at least a handful of suicides as well as all the other tragedy that we're experiencing? After all, you represent us, right? I calculate that you are 15% to blame.
Finally, thanks to some of our brethren who worked very hard at doing as little as possible, but still expecting the same paycheck that those of us who worked our tails off for this company actually earned. I hope you're very proud of yourselves. Somebody needs to be proud of you, am I'm not that somebody. I calculate that you caused 15% of this mess.

You may not like what I have to say here, but I'm saying it anyway because I wholeheartedly believe it to be accurate, fair and relevant.
Right on brother