Estes | Samsara madness

There is a safety score somewhere on the screen. No one knows what it means. Everyone I’ve talked to has a low safety score. Then again everyone I talk to are outlaws. 🤣 Most of us are still on step one, how to log in.😂 I say stay calm until we find out more about this safety score. Baby steps. Baby steps. Baby steps. WHERES BOB!!!
The safety score is near the up left corner of the screen (I think). Mine was 93 😊

Play their game for a month , stop at every stop sign , drive under the speed limit , take your time with deliveries. your score will look good , but , production will drop. unfortunately everybody would have to play this game for it to open their eyes.

as far as putting cameras in the trucks , this is the insurance companies pushing this , at least this is what i have been told.

Agree DMT , it feels like every other commercial on TV is about suing a trucking company.
Honestly I've seen some pretty bad driving from civilians as well as truck drivers in Company
vehicles with the name down the sides BIG AS DAY trucking. Seems like stop signs and red lights
are only a suggestion.

Play their game for a month , stop at every stop sign , drive under the speed limit , take your time with deliveries. your score will look good , but , production will drop. unfortunately everybody would have to play this game for it to open their eyes.

as far as putting cameras in the trucks , this is the insurance companies pushing this , at least this is what i have been told.
Estes isnt self insured?

Maybe to some degree but just like any large company there is going to be a administrator of the policy (policies)
I'm sure someone with more knowledge than I will be able to chime in on this. Pretty sure we have some legal advisors that lurk around here on TB in the dark of night.

Yeah the insurance is through a regular insurance company but the deductible is like 2 million
Really 2 million is nothing in this day when someone is trying to sue a trucking company.
It seems like the guys on TV brag how they get the clients 5 million and you don't pay a
dime unless they win. Pretty sad how they just encourage the sue ethics but If you got 33%
it must be worth it to them time put in to win a large settlement case.

Agree DMT , it feels like every other commercial on TV is about suing a trucking company.
Honestly I've seen some pretty bad driving from civilians as well as truck drivers in Company
vehicles with the name down the sides BIG AS DAY trucking. Seems like stop signs and red lights
are only a suggestion.
And suing every company with money. When OD got the cameras it was what was implied by a suit that was in town about the insurance angle. At least , to this point, the coaching has been about safety things and not the point system that Estes has started.

Really 2 million is nothing in this day when someone is trying to sue a trucking company.
It seems like the guys on TV brag how they get the clients 5 million and you don't pay a
dime unless they win. Pretty sad how they just encourage the sue ethics but If you got 33%
it must be worth it to them time put in to win a large settlement case.
Seen a video on you tube from some trucking guy. He was talking about a case where a 4 wheeler crossed the median and hit a Werner truck head on. D.O.T deemed it an accident and nobody was charged. The family in the 4 wheeler lost a child and another child was paralized from it. They tried suing Werner but lost. So now they got the lawyer going after the truck driver himself. Hopefully they lose that also. They crossed the median not the truck driver. I feel for their loss of their child and the other paralized but dont ruin this mans life for something he didnt cause. If this starts happening it will just hurt the trucking industry that much more from people not wanting to enter the profession from fear of getting sued and losing everything.

What’s the speed over the limit you get penalized for at Estes? I drive for a different company out west and the Estes guys around here haul ass doing 68-70 in a 60 for truck zone.

My score has been 100% since the 3rd or 4th day, I don’t go over 63 or so in a 55 and don’t roll hills at anymore than 71 without tapping the brakes. Like it was mentioned above I’m sure it’s 10 over the limit. My score was in the 50’s real quick the first night we went live with it and it wasn’t hard to figure the issue in my case.

My score has been 100% since the 3rd or 4th day, I don’t go over 63 or so in a 55 and don’t roll hills at anymore than 71 without tapping the brakes. Like it was mentioned above I’m sure it’s 10 over the limit. My score was in the 50’s real quick the first night we went live with it and it wasn’t hard to figure the issue in my case.
Exactly 💯