XPO | Saturday fiasco!!

micro brew

TB Veteran
Credits
I ran a 500 mile run today to drop 2/pick 2. Problem was, I got sent to the wrong terminal with the wrong loads. Someone from XSX might still be waiting for some loads. I was sent to XHG with 2 XSA loads. They sent two drivers with 4 mt's for 7 loads. The other driver I talked to when I got back said XMI was no better. They had people pulling the wrong loads, loads that were supposed to get picked that were moved last night, and calling drivers that already left to return or go to another terminal.

I guess I volunteered so I brought it on myself. :chairshot:

good thing we are trying to save money! must be another newbie on board in the l/h dept at XGO. Well at least you made some$$$$$.

Sure did. This is my first pay period at top rate I think. 10hrs ot in 4 days with 500 miles should look pretty good. What is top mileage?? .54?? They wasted 250 miles and 40 gallons of fuel when I pulled mt's back. Way to go XGO!!!

Almost happened down here a week ago. My husband checked seal/paperwork/etc but got a call on his cellphone that he had wrong trailers. So he had to climb into the trailers and check. Yep, he had the right ones but SOMEONE put the wrong information into the computer.

I guess the Stupid Virus is going around?

Almost happened down here a week ago. My husband checked seal/paperwork/etc but got a call on his cellphone that he had wrong trailers. So he had to climb into the trailers and check. Yep, he had the right ones but SOMEONE put the wrong information into the computer.

I guess the Stupid Virus is going around?

Little different here. When I was first asked about running today it was Friday at about 1:00pm. I was told I was going to do a meet and turn with a Springfield, Mass driver at XWB. Money in the bank, 580 mile meet and turn. When I got back out of the city at about 9pm I checked to make sure of the time. The FOS informed me it was now a meet and turn with XSA at XHG. I saw it on the print out. Not FOS's fault. When I came in this morning there were 2 loads with my name on them saying 1400 meet at XHG. When I got to XHG I called linehaul and nothing seemed odd. XSA was not due for a while and they had mt's so I called back to see if I could take 2 and go. They said sure. So I took 2 mt's and went. At about 4:00pm it gets odd. Get a call on my cell from FOS on duty today. I don't know him yet he is new to my barn (don't know how long he has been with CCX). He asks where I am. I told him.. Just got on the Pa Pike on my way back. He says what are you doing there.. I said coming back from XHG. He says "No-No, you were supposed to go to XWB". Hmmm.. The two loads YOU wrote my name on were for a 1400 meet at XHG.. I give most the benefit of the doubt but I swear he was formulating a way to pin this on me. What he does not know is I saw the lineup with the XHG run and no XWB run. We would have both been fine.

So, I call linehaul at his request to see what is up. Same guy that told me to take 2 mt's is now incredulous at me for not running XWB with 2 XSX loads. I explained the entire situation to him from 1:00pm on Friday, to now 4:30pm on Saturday and he backed off of me a little. He then asked (can't fault him too much for this if he is in Mi) if I could turn around, go up to XWB, pick the two loads XSX brought and return to my barn. I said, that would be about 800 miles. I don't think that is going to happen. He then came to his senses, thanked me for calling, and said they would figure something out.

I have been on P&D only for a few years now and I learned a few things today. As always, the drivers I ran into today were great people. Willing to work a Saturday if they were asked, and all I met had a great attitude while doing it. What I learned was line drivers are dealing with what I dealt with today every night. I have not run line on a regular basis since I was a flex driver about three years ago. I could not believe the arrogance and incompetence of management I dealt with today. I still try to give them the benefit of the doubt but this was bad.

One more thing.. I had not been to XHG since Dec of 05 and had no idea the bridge on Mason-Dixon Road was closed. Do not take a 37,000lb set on the posted detour for route 163. It is not good.

Those linehaul dispatchers are more confused than a hooker at a tent revival! How many have been put on eternal hold when calling in? Who gets a call asking if you are really going to be three hours late? Why can't we be dispatched when we call in? Why do we get a less than positive attitude when conversing with some of these guys and gals? I guess I am lucky because the guy who picks up the phone 90% of the time is top notch. Anyone else and it's a nightmare. I have heard some pretty funny stories from drivers about their adventures with linehaul.

sounds like dave needs to do this in the linehaul dept....

enemabaglguk6.jpg

We are linehaul do what we tell you. It is obvious that they dont communicate properly.

Have an fos that used to be in lh. I agree with what he tells me that it's not Linehaul's job to dispatch drivers. Linehaul has coordinator's and not dispatchers.

Those linehaul dispatchers are more confused than a hooker at a tent revival! How many have been put on eternal hold when calling in? Who gets a call asking if you are really going to be three hours late? Why can't we be dispatched when we call in? Why do we get a less than positive attitude when conversing with some of these guys and gals? I guess I am lucky because the guy who picks up the phone 90% of the time is top notch. Anyone else and it's a nightmare. I have heard some pretty funny stories from drivers about their adventures with linehaul.

This happens every time they try doing large # of runs on a sat.Then Mon. They try to correct it>

This seems to happen every time they try it in such high #'s.Then come Mon.it still creates a mess that they are trying to clean up.

the clusterf@#k started thursday when they told us we had a 2hr role back

I started this thread because the management I dealt with on Saturday was pathetic. FOS's at two barns, and linehaul. I think I work for pretty decent people at my terminal. The attitude of the FOS on duty at XHG was so ****-poor I was astonished. A call came in from a customer asking if he could drop off a shipment on Sunday to make Tuesday service. The FOS, with a very rude tone, told him we were closed and do not open till Monday. If I was that customer, I would NEVER move another shipment with Conway. By the way FOS, us drivers here on Saturday working 10-12 hours instead of your 2, all have good attitudes and are willing to do what we can to help out.

The new FOS at my barn pissed me to a point where even though I'm on vacation as of today, I will call my TM on Monday to tell him what I dealt with on Saturday. I'm going to request that the TM, the FOS, and myself talk about this Monday. I have a great rep among drivers, customers, and management at my terminal, that I earned, so this clown can kiss my a$$. He will soon rely on me to get our late east shipments back to our barn in time to make service, and this is how he introduces himself to me?? That SOB called me on MY cell, carrying out his instructions, with an attitude I have never had to deal with at my terminal among management.

But, It Starts With Me.