service update

Blah Blah Blah Blah. Boy if you are Union you have all the rights. If you are not, you can't even accept employemnt. You people are are sad excuse for someone who believes to be so valuable. I will take your job anytime or anywhere you choose to stand out on the street. You all had it made now you have squat. Cry me a river. Go home!

The NLRB only exists to represent employees that have a Union. Yes, union employees have many more rights than their non-union counterparts. They also tend to have higher wages and better benefits, and have longer tenor with their companies.

I believe worth and value are very subjective, we can allow the market (companies) to determine what we are worth as drivers, or we can work together to raise the standards. The lower and middle class have been getting the shaft for years. Money that used to be spread is all going up into crazy CEO salary's and can you blame them (no one I know thinks a CEO should get just a truck drivers salary, but 500 times it? really?)? They just went out and got what they thought was theirs as union members we will do the same, and because of it we will live more prosperous lives than our non-union counterparts.

When I am on the dock or the street I work very hard, I am nearing 30 and I have pain in my body from the work that I do. Do not let them convince us we are worth less than a living wage! If you are supporting them and crossing lines you are just screwing yourself in the bigger picture. This company had it been in a financially difficult situation, most likely could have achieved all of it's contract objectives without a strike, but when they are making money we need to at least maintain.

The NLRB only exists to represent employees that have a Union. Yes, union employees have many more rights than their non-union counterparts. They also tend to have higher wages and better benefits, and have longer tenor with their companies.

I believe worth and value are very subjective, we can allow the market (companies) to determine what we are worth as drivers, or we can work together to raise the standards. The lower and middle class have been getting the shaft for years. Money that used to be spread is all going up into crazy CEO salary's and can you blame them (no one I know thinks a CEO should get just a truck drivers salary, but 500 times it? really?)? They just went out and got what they thought was theirs as union members we will do the same, and because of it we will live more prosperous lives than our non-union counterparts.

When I am on the dock or the street I work very hard, I am nearing 30 and I have pain in my body from the work that I do. Do not let them convince us we are worth less than a living wage! If you are supporting them and crossing lines you are just screwing yourself in the bigger picture. This company had it been in a financially difficult situation, most likely could have achieved all of it's contract objectives without a strike, but when they are making money we need to at least maintain.
But in your posting just yesterday on Simple Math you claim that the NLRB are notorious for siding with companies. So which is it? Are they there to enforce the rights of orginized labor or to side with the companies. If your oppinion is that they side with the companies that just means the Union officials are putting up very weak arguments to appease the workers for charges that should not be getting to that level. Your comparing CEO's salarys now because it is in the news that the new President is going o crack down on CEO that are taking bailout money. This isn't the case here, I new when I applied that this was a family owned company. There are no share holders, If the owners want to drive around in a million dollar car, thats totaly up to them. If my check bounces then there is a problem. I accepted the wages, benifits when I hired on, I have enjoyed them also knowing that they were not the top of the industry but surely a fare cry from the bottom.

The services of the NLRB are only available to union members or those that are in the process of forming a union. Poor recourse is far better than none, the NLRB tends to sway with the ideological tendency of the Secretary of Labor.

Family owned means nothing to me, and any company that has to tell you in bold letters on their website about how they care about their employees suffering a severe disconnect from reality, I do think you miss my point about the speculative nature of wages. Just so were clear you don't want more, you have no desire to see wages and benefits restored to what they once were. You have no problem with seeing benefits and pensions whittled away not because a company can't afford to pay them and be profitable, but because they want more money for themselves.

If you want none of that, if you have no problem with the prospect of immigrant workers taking your job then you are on the right side of this battle, congrats!

The services of the NLRB are only available to union members or those that are in the process of forming a union. Poor recourse is far better than none, the NLRB tends to sway with the ideological tendency of the Secretary of Labor.

Family owned means nothing to me, and any company that has to tell you in bold letters on their website about how they care about their employees suffering a severe disconnect from reality, I do think you miss my point about the speculative nature of wages. Just so were clear you don't want more, you have no desire to see wages and benefits restored to what they once were. You have no problem with seeing benefits and pensions whittled away not because a company can't afford to pay them and be profitable, but because they want more money for themselves.

If you want none of that, if you have no problem with the prospect of immigrant workers taking your job then you are on the right side of this battle, congrats!

I am feeling very disappointed, for a very long time you have been one of the voices of reason on this site. You have spoken rationally and with restraint. But here in the past couple of days you seem to slipped and are letting your emotions get the better. No I don't like having my pay cut anymore than Yellow or any number of other companies, but I recognize short term solutions for long term security. The economy is what it is and its not just an Oak Harbor problem. I talk to people at Yellow, Fed Ex and UPS, everyone is down, and not by just a little. We are talking 30 to 40% from last year.
I am not in Seattle so I am at a disadvantage, I have been told by others in the know that the VP's live comfortably, but far from having exorbanate lifestyles. You have to allow for the survival of a company before you continue to take from the trough..

Some of the complaints I here know are not even about the VP's. More about incompitant dispatchers and the likes at one particular barn. That was hardly a reason to take an entire company down for. Lets just cut off our noses to spite our faces.

It still sounds like you are bitter and that should be directed more towards your Union. They lead you into a fight and you don't like the outcome. I thought the idea was to go through the process and live with the rulings.

Have you gotten a response from 174 as to why they have been less than forthcoming in keeping the membership informed rather than you having to rely on OakHarboranswers?

Come on man do you really believe that those 3 little minor ulp's from a few whining Auburn boys really warrant the damage it has caused all of us. Appeal all they want, just leaves us warming the curb a lot longer. Lets be real, this was never about ULP's. If it were it certainly should have been one that was worth all of this. Just a thought!

in my opinion your right about one thing as you put it "never about ulp's" the vp bros ultimate goal here was to eliminate the union period. you are just like them that is obvious, you do not care about those of us out here who helped build this company to it's pre strike status and now have the b***s to accuse the union as being the bad guy here. ed and dave destroyed this company while tossing those loyal employees on the street literally. thanks for nothing. they will pay for their deliberate attack and un-Christian behavior when they stand before God. I won't have to worry about seeing them there because I know I won't be there. :flame::flame::flame: It's too hot :flame:

I agree

in my opinion your right about one thing as you put it "never about ulp's" the vp bros ultimate goal here was to eliminate the union period. you are just like them that is obvious, you do not care about those of us out here who helped build this company to it's pre strike status and now have the b***s to accuse the union as being the bad guy here. ed and dave destroyed this company while tossing those loyal employees on the street literally. thanks for nothing. they will pay for their deliberate attack and un-Christian behavior when they stand before God. I won't have to worry about seeing them there because I know I won't be there. :flame: It's too hot :flame:
Family man, You are so right! What is about to happen to the guys that crossed is going to be whaling and knashing of teeth. These guys think that the real teamsters have to come back in on the bottom of the seniority list. Ha Ha Ha Ha. Just wait, they are all going to be out on their butts and they will have to find a job... OUCH!!! And to all you (we cant say the S word here) best hope you don't work at his terminal.... Your life as you know it will be a living hell. If you make it back on the seniority board. Oh and don't forget (S word) you will be paying back every penny you made while the real teamsters were out on the line. BELIEVE ME IT's ALL READY IN THE WORKS! Best if you Lawyer up now.... you are going to need it. The look on their faces when they open that letter.... Wal-Mart will be out of mens underwear when they POOP their pants. Family man, I hope someday to shake your hand and say "well done". You got back bone. You got faith, and you got real family. Later, The Kidd Oh yeah here is a little somthin for Dave and ED.....:nutkick:

I am feeling very disappointed, for a very long time you have been one of the voices of reason on this site. You have spoken rationally and with restraint. But here in the past couple of days you seem to slipped and are letting your emotions get the better. No I don't like having my pay cut anymore than Yellow or any number of other companies, but I recognize short term solutions for long term security. The economy is what it is and its not just an Oak Harbor problem. I talk to people at Yellow, Fed Ex and UPS, everyone is down, and not by just a little. We are talking 30 to 40% from last year.
I am not in Seattle so I am at a disadvantage, I have been told by others in the know that the VP's live comfortably, but far from having exorbanate lifestyles. You have to allow for the survival of a company before you continue to take from the trough..

Some of the complaints I here know are not even about the VP's. More about incompitant dispatchers and the likes at one particular barn. That was hardly a reason to take an entire company down for. Lets just cut off our noses to spite our faces.

It still sounds like you are bitter and that should be directed more towards your Union. They lead you into a fight and you don't like the outcome. I thought the idea was to go through the process and live with the rulings.

Have you gotten a response from 174 as to why they have been less than forthcoming in keeping the membership informed rather than you having to rely on OakHarboranswers?
The problem with the company is system wide. You only hear what they want. Has the company tried to end this strike? When was the last time the company asked for negotiations? All they want is the union gone so they can change your work rules at will. I haven't worked at this kind of company for 15 + years but have seen it and it is not pretty. Who they like gets the best routes and more overtime if you want it. Hang out with the boss and you will go far. I thought these days were gone but this is exactly what ohfl management wants back.

I hate that we keep taking our eye off the ball here. The company did not call the strike. The day the union called the strike the company handed them a contract proposal that contained 1.18 raise in the first year and .50 every year after. full family medical, the teamster pension and a $1000 signing bonus. Al Hobart was talking with the company about having meetings to discuss the proposal and a plan to get the deal voted the next saturday. The company DID NOT cause, encourage, entice, invite or promote a strike, all the employees on the lines right now could be working or at least as many as the revenue levels would support if the UNION had simply voted the deal, instead they were greedy.

Truckchick1, they have offered to meet through the mediator and the union has refused to meet.

I hate that we keep taking our eye off the ball here. The company did not call the strike. The day the union called the strike the company handed them a contract proposal that contained 1.18 raise in the first year and .50 every year after. full family medical, the teamster pension and a $1000 signing bonus. Al Hobart was talking with the company about having meetings to discuss the proposal and a plan to get the deal voted the next saturday. The company DID NOT cause, encourage, entice, invite or promote a strike, all the employees on the lines right now could be working or at least as many as the revenue levels would support if the UNION had simply voted the deal, instead they were greedy.

Truckchick1, they have offered to meet through the mediator and the union has refused to meet.

There has been no new talks of negotiations so from where is your information coming?

the copies I read had changes that I thought would only benefit the company period. give me a fixed 2% increase in wages but take away a 2% fluctuating amout back! plus give .15 cents an hour to cover sick pay HMM!lets see an 8 hour day @ 20.21 would be 161.00. It would take 1073 hours to gain a days pay where as it stood before was approx. 320 working hours (40hrsx8 weeks) the two months it took to gain a days pay. and originally they wanted to elliminate the pension and give me a 401K. you have to be able to afford it. again make me pay a contibution before they would match. that does not help me if I do not have the money to put aside for a 401K! The raise would all be taken for my payments to the medical and saving for some sick days I woiuld have nothing left to set aside! SO if I had no money to set aside where would my 401K contributions come from? when you actually look at it, it is a step backwards I would have actually ended up making less money having to combine all the expenses they wanted me to pay. for what? they were never struggling we can see that by their blatant spending. Don't forget they were expecting us to strike so they could put their plan in to effect. eliminating the union!!!!

the copies I read had changes that I thought would only benefit the company period. give me a fixed 2% increase in wages but take away a 2% fluctuating amout back! plus give .15 cents an hour to cover sick pay HMM!lets see an 8 hour day @ 20.21 would be 161.00. It would take 1073 hours to gain a days pay where as it stood before was approx. 320 working hours (40hrsx8 weeks) the two months it took to gain a days pay. and originally they wanted to elliminate the pension and give me a 401K. you have to be able to afford it. again make me pay a contibution before they would match. that does not help me if I do not have the money to put aside for a 401K! The raise would all be taken for my payments to the medical and saving for some sick days I woiuld have nothing left to set aside! SO if I had no money to set aside where would my 401K contributions come from? when you actually look at it, it is a step backwards I would have actually ended up making less money having to combine all the expenses they wanted me to pay. for what? they were never struggling we can see that by their blatant spending.

Don't forget they were expecting us to strike so they could put their plan in to effect. eliminating the union!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------
YOU ARE SOOO WRONG HERE... THEY WERE NOT EXPECTING THE STRIKE! THEY HAD things in place incase of a strike but those steps were in place for years.

It is your responsiblity to manage your money more wisely...instead of blaming the Co for not giving you enough or not paying all your bills. You are whinning to much. Grow up and take responsiblity for your own bills.

................................................ :poster_stupid: ........................................................
They were not only expecting a strike they were instigating it. They wanted this, they could have put the brakes on this process at any time. It's about pride and selfishness and superiority complexes abound, not about doing what is right.

Happyltlguy, I am still waiting for you to PM me that # so I can call the mediator to verify you claims.

--------------------------------------------------------
YOU ARE SOOO WRONG HERE... THEY WERE NOT EXPECTING THE STRIKE! THEY HAD things in place incase of a strike but those steps were in place for years.
It is your responsiblity to manage your money more wisely...instead of blaming the Co for not giving you enough or not paying all your bills. You are whinning to much. Grow up and take responsiblity for your own bills.

you just verified their intent to not negotiate in good faith thanks for that! why would someone make those kinds of plans if they intended to get a contract they we could all live with. Their offer was just plain crap period.

you just verified their intent to not negotiate in good faith thanks for that! why would someone make those kinds of plans if they intended to get a contract they we could all live with. Their offer was just plain crap period.

I did not verify anything. YOU just take it out of contents just to sling crude.