Yellow | Seven (7) Years Ago....This Post Fell On Deaf Ears!

There are plenty of things you can accept without support. You can accept a situation and not necessarily support it. All that real estate between opposition and support is acceptance.
No. Acceptance is support. If I accept it, that means I support it. Can I support it but not accept it? Is that any different? It’s not a typical trait of unions to rarely support anything, only occasionally accept. And if you truly believe that, then you can believe Yellow accepted certain things as well but didn’t support it.

No. Acceptance is support. If I accept it, that means I support it.

There are plenty of things that I can accept that I don't support. Income tax rates are an example of something I accept, but don't support. Obama being the POTUS was something I accepted, but I certainly didn't support him.
Then you can believe Yellow accepted certain things as well but didn’t support it.

Absolutely. At least half the NMFA was full of things YRC accepted but didn't support.

No. Acceptance is support. If I accept it, that means I support it. Can I support it but not accept it? Is that any different? It’s not a typical trait of unions to rarely support anything, only occasionally accept. And if you truly believe that, then you can believe Yellow accepted certain things as well but didn’t support it.
Not true. If you support something acceptance is a given. However you can accept a situation without supporting it. Workers at Yellow for instance accepted the reduced wages without supporting reduced wages. The terms are similar but not exactly the same thing. Take for instance someone jailed for committing a crime. They can certainly accept their situation without supporting being jailed. :idunno:

Last edited:
Yes they do support. Every time they accept, it means they support. That’s all they need. It doesn’t matter if they say they don’t have to like it. And so what if it involves a process, which both sides are fully aware of. I’m sure you love having your opinions valued, don’t you? Competitors don’t give that option. Tell your non-union boss what you really think when you witness something crooked, see what happens next. You see, there are conformists and nonconformists.
I seem to remember a strike in 1994 that killed a few union carriers over part time dock workers.
Almost all non union carriers had part time dock workers to bump either end of the shift during the surges.
In addition rail was a sticking point.
So every time modernization is nor readily accepted despite what competitors are doing to generate efficiencies.
It's fine with me, it just makes union LTL carriers easier for non unions to compete against.

I seem to remember a strike in 1994 that killed a few union carriers over part time dock workers.
Almost all non union carriers had part time dock workers to bump either end of the shift during the surges.
In addition rail was a sticking point.
So every time modernization is nor readily accepted despite what competitors are doing to generate efficiencies.
It's fine with me, it just makes union LTL carriers easier for non unions to compete against.
It’s fine with you? I guess that’s all that matters. Point taken, then.