Sharp Dressed Man

Fuel heaters and lots of kerosene mixed in.And did I say smoke
I've seen -24, most trucks run a 50% mixture of
#1 and #2 fuel up there. cold azz place for sure.
When I used to run up to Aroostook county Maine in the winter time I always doubled up on the fuel conditioner and most times I plugged the truck in at the hotel or left it running all day while I slept.Too damm azz cold even for me.When Loring Air Force base was open there was a ::shit:: load of freight coming into the county.

When I used to run up to Aroostook county Maine in the winter time I always doubled up on the fuel conditioner and most times I plugged the truck in at the hotel or left it running all day while I slept.Too damm azz cold even for me.When Loring Air Force base was open there was a **** load of freight coming into the county.
Is that the base in Caribou?

January 15, 2018, at the border at Champlain, NY, ready to cross into Canada. Good thing I didn't have to get out for Customs. :452:

ColdTemp.md.jpg
I was on that Lake Champlain ferry summer of 98. Old airstart freightliner for CF. Captain said turn that piece of $$$$ off. I asked are you sure that's what you want. Of course it wouldn't start on the NY side. 5 trips back and forth before the crew found enough air line to pump some into the tank and get me on my way. A great night!

I was on that Lake Champlain ferry summer of 98. Old airstart freightliner for CF. Captain said turn that piece of $$$$ off. I asked are you sure that's what you want. Of course it wouldn't start on the NY side. 5 trips back and forth before the crew found enough air line to pump some into the tank and get me on my way. A great night!
No air start issues, but had to take the ferry to get to/from Burlington with pups. Cumberland Head (NY) - Grand Isle (VT) ferry.

ChamplainFerry.md.jpg

ChamplainFerry2.md.jpg

Last edited:
Actually it was Limestone.it’s long gone. some sort of industrial park now.
It was a B-52 base. Shutting it down really hurt the economy in Northern Maine. Also most of the snow plows & blowers were mounted on Oshkosh trucks. The Oshkosh Wisconsin manufacturing & rebuilding division lost a big contract with the Department of Defense.

Last edited:
I was going to mention the long open road around Bangor & the tales of the haunted woods.
I wondered if any of you guys ran the old road.
I recall the small shacks with stacks of wood.
This was to keep you from freezing in case of breakdown.
I never ran this area except when I would run a trip with a friend who ran these roads each week.