Guest viewing is limited
  • Truckingboards is a MEMBERS ONLY Private Forum that first got it's start in 1999, Membership is 100% Free, We have Over 40k Members and approaching 2 million posts that date back to the early 2000's.Registration is easy and fast. We specialize in LTL trucking. Get off those Facebook Groups and come to a place where your identity will be unknown unless you tell someone. Truckingboards has a mobile app you can install from your mobile browser.

Click Here

For instructions on how to install the mobile app.

Sharp Dressed Man

Hookman

Just passing thru
Premium
Years ago many companies furnished quality hats for their drivers with uniforms as society was a little more classy back then. Also the ladies liked a bad boy in uniform as many Ryder/Pie drivers will happily verify. This beautiful example is from Jonson Motor Lines out of North Carolina who some called Lazy J while their drivers probably preferred to be known as Big Johnsons. Somebody put up the ZZ Top video please.

hat-jtl.md.jpg

Last edited:

seabreeze

Not Well Known Member, 63 Year Teamster Member
Premium
Years ago many companies furnished quality hats for their drivers with uniforms as society was a little more classy back then. Also the ladies liked a bad boy in uniform as many Ryder/Pie drivers will happily verify. This beautiful example is from Jonson Motor Lines out of North Carolina who some called Lazy J while their drivers probably preferred to be known as Big Johnsons. Somebody put up the ZZ Top video please.

hat-jtl.md.jpg
Lazy J, Central, and Akers Motor Lines, McLean hung around a local drive-in trying to impress the ladies.
They wore their uniforms religiously, even when off duty.
Ryder drivers were handsome enough to woo them without uniforms.
Those guys ran their sleepers up the East coast and laid over almost every trip, while we ran the sunny south.
Big R drivers didn't hang around often, they were too busy polishing their leased Autocars.

ROADY

hat-jtl.md.jpg
Ain't that the truth brother, and I'm glad to say I worked for both of them. But the #1 sharp dressed man at Ryder has to be seabreeze. I heard all of those southern belles loved him.:usa:
:clapping::6788:

1947LJ

I WAS WITH SANBORN'S BUT DONT RECALL R.I.RED
WE DID HAVE A ROADMAN OUT OIF AUBURN MAINE WHO WORE AN RAILROAD ENGINEERS
HAT ALL THE TIME.

REMINDS ME OF A PRESQUE ILE MAINE DRIVER, JOHNNY H, WHO ALWAYS WAS ON TIME TO THE BOSTON TERMINAL, AN 8 HOUR RUN.. ONE NIGHT IN SNOWED BAD ALL OVER NE
AND JOHNNY SHOWED UP AT BOSTON RIGJT ON TIME
i ASKED HOW HE DID THAT AND HE REPLIED " I HAD TO DO SOME SERIOUS TRUCKIN
LAST NIGHT"..

seabreeze

Not Well Known Member, 63 Year Teamster Member
Premium
I WAS WITH SANBORN'S BUT DONT RECALL R.I.RED
WE DID HAVE A ROADMAN OUT OIF AUBURN MAINE WHO WORE AN RAILROAD ENGINEERS
HAT ALL THE TIME.

REMINDS ME OF A PRESQUE ILE MAINE DRIVER, JOHNNY H, WHO ALWAYS WAS ON TIME TO THE BOSTON TERMINAL, AN 8 HOUR RUN.. ONE NIGHT IN SNOWED BAD ALL OVER NE
AND JOHNNY SHOWED UP AT BOSTON RIGJT ON TIME
i ASKED HOW HE DID THAT AND HE REPLIED " I HAD TO DO SOME SERIOUS TRUCKIN
LAST NIGHT"..
Presque Isle to Bean Town can separate the men from the boys!

jimmy g

Kook
Premium

hat-jtl.md.jpg
Sorry, but ZZ Top lost their Bassist today....

220171061_366897274799835_5208423251336845218_n.md.jpg