Estes | should estes provide a pension

do they provide a pention??????

good god man. should estes provide me a new car, a 50k a year raise, perdiem for my meals on my meet and turn, someone to dolly down the trailer, someone to pull the 5th wheel pin????

they dont offer a pention they have a 4o1k.....oh i know what you want you want to get rid of the 401k and then get a pention. right? right???

no you want both dont you? dont you??

if they offered it you are danm right i would take it, but you are friken insane if i am gunna start a bunch of crap over the pention issue. this company owes me NOTHING!!!!! if i work here for 50 years they owe me NOTHING!!! as long as all the paychecks clear :biglaugh:. anyway that is an old school idea, and yes i know the union has it, whipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!. you owe this company NOTHING the company owes you NOTHING!!

here is what estes should do:

keep me employed :D
keep paying me
keep maintaining thier equipment
keep paying the BULK of my med insurance
keep paying into my 401k
keep giving me vaction
i can go on and on.

good god man. should estes provide me a new car, a 50k a year raise, perdiem for my meals on my meet and turn, someone to dolly down the trailer, someone to pull the 5th wheel pin????

they dont offer a pention they have a 4o1k.....oh i know what you want you want to get rid of the 401k and then get a pention. right? right???

if they offered it you are danm right i would take it, but you are friken insane if i am gunna start a bunch of crap over the pention issue. this company owes me NOTHING!!!!! if i work here for 50 years they owe me NOTHING!!! as long as all the paychecks clear :biglaugh:. anyway that is an old school idea, and yes i know the union has it, whipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!. you owe this company NOTHING the company owes you NOTHING!!

keep paying me
keep paying into my 401k
keep giving me vaction
i can go on and on.

OMG! Someone else besides me who doesnt feel they are OWED everything in this life! Glad to see someone else is not a "give me, give me" employee. :1036316054:

I'm not sure what would be so wrong if they would give us a pension. I don't feel as though they owe me or anyone else the world. A pension and actually being compensated for time spent on the clock, that they for some reason feel you should give to them for free, isn't asking for the world. It's just wanting fair treatment from your employer. A company car, per diem for meals, or a 50k raise is just a way to make it seem like the people that do have actual issues over compensation are crying about what's just and fair. I know at my terminal drivers don't hook or break your sets, the lot of drivers will sit in their truck and watch the jockey's do the work for them. Then complain when some lights are out on a trailer. Acting like it should have been pre-tripped for them. To the best of my knowledge if a driver would be hooking his own set @ 024 it would be for 2 reasons. 1) no jockeys on duty 2) They're tired of not being paid to wait while the jockeys are behind in the amount of hooks they have (being from either poor management or lack of equipment) meaning to me all time spent due to those issues, you should be compensated for. Take the fella's that spent 10 hours in traffic for instance, they not only were screwed once, but twice. They weren't paid for the time the spent basically guarding their loads, then they couldn't leave out on their scheduled time the next night. Real fair to me and them I'm sure. I know the issues I discuss and bring up aren't about what's OWE'd to me, they are about what a so-called decent, family owned, we appreciate what our employee's do for us, company should be more than happy to compensate everyone for. Drivers, Dock, office personel, and even management (yes there are some good ones, and they're jumping ship here) aren't as fairly compensated or treated as they deserve to be. So if some of you like to work for free, be my guest, just don't act like we're asking for the world either.

I'm not sure what would be so wrong if they would give us a pension. I don't feel as though they owe me or anyone else the world. A pension and actually being compensated for time spent on the clock, that they for some reason feel you should give to them for free, isn't asking for the world. It's just wanting fair treatment from your employer. A company car, per diem for meals, or a 50k raise is just a way to make it seem like the people that do have actual issues over compensation are crying about what's just and fair. I know at my terminal drivers don't hook or break your sets, the lot of drivers will sit in their truck and watch the jockey's do the work for them. Then complain when some lights are out on a trailer. Acting like it should have been pre-tripped for them. To the best of my knowledge if a driver would be hooking his own set @ 024 it would be for 2 reasons. 1) no jockeys on duty 2) They're tired of not being paid to wait while the jockeys are behind in the amount of hooks they have (being from either poor management or lack of equipment) meaning to me all time spent due to those issues, you should be compensated for. Take the fella's that spent 10 hours in traffic for instance, they not only were screwed once, but twice. They weren't paid for the time the spent basically guarding their loads, then they couldn't leave out on their scheduled time the next night. Real fair to me and them I'm sure. I know the issues I discuss and bring up aren't about what's OWE'd to me, they are about what a so-called decent, family owned, we appreciate what our employee's do for us, company should be more than happy to compensate everyone for. Drivers, Dock, office personel, and even management (yes there are some good ones, and they're jumping ship here) aren't as fairly compensated or treated as they deserve to be. So if some of you like to work for free, be my guest, just don't act like we're asking for the world either.

Amen very well put.

OMG! Someone else besides me who doesnt feel they are OWED everything in this life! Glad to see someone else is not a "give me, give me" employee. :1036316054:
Lasagna on the brain for sure!

It's not being OWED something when you want compensation for time put into a job.

You just feel you are OWED more lasagna.

Pull that cheese out of your noodle and read the forum. People just want pay for time spent doing there job.

But, since you sound like you get paid salary, and you sound as if you get all the free food you want, I guess you just think the rest of us should just show up with food in hand, do the work, then ask politely if we can get a buck for the 12.5 hours we just put in.

You're a sad excuse for a worker with morals man.

Just vote for Hillary and all our cares will be handled huh?:nutkick:

Lasagna on the brain for sure!

It's not being OWED something when you want compensation for time put into a job.

You just feel you are OWED more lasagna.

Pull that cheese out of your noodle and read the forum. People just want pay for time spent doing there job.

But, since you sound like you get paid salary, and you sound as if you get all the free food you want, I guess you just think the rest of us should just show up with food in hand, do the work, then ask politely if we can get a buck for the 12.5 hours we just put in.

You're a sad excuse for a worker with morals man.

Just vote for Hillary and all our cares will be handled huh?:nutkick:
You guys really need to sit back and look at your posts you do sound like a bunch of "give me, give me" employees. As far as your quote above regarding me I am a driver, and unlike most who post in here think that I get paid damn well for what I do, but that is because I understand what my employer pays and when I accepted this job I took that into consideration. If I want to make MORE money, or get MORE benefits, I would find ANOTHER employer.

Do you guys get a 401K ?
We just got the pension and I would rather have
any money they want to put in go to my 401K ,
you can have the pension.

i really have a question...... what does your family get from your pension after you (joe driver) die.???? i wanna know this.. for i dont know

i really have a question...... what does your family get from your pension after you (joe driver) die.???? i wanna know this.. for i dont know

In the Teamsters, your wife is allowed to receive your pension at the time of your death, if you have chosen that option. There are many options to choose from as far as % of your pension to leave her. Only your wife, or ex wife, if that is part of the divorce settlement, is allowed to receive your pension. Seems fair to me because I didn't put a nickle into it. (I know someone is going to say he gets to take his 401k with him anywhere and to anyone. Well, you should be able to, cause it's mostly money YOU put in.):chairshot:

You guys really need to sit back and look at your posts you do sound like a bunch of "give me, give me" employees. As far as your quote above regarding me I am a driver, and unlike most who post in here think that I get paid damn well for what I do, but that is because I understand what my employer pays and when I accepted this job I took that into consideration. If I want to make MORE money, or get MORE benefits, I would find ANOTHER employer.

Here we go again.You need to look at some of your own posts and see just what a suck up you really are. You are just to eager to accept what this co. deems is fair but if it wasn't for others that came before you that fought for what you have now you would have nothing. But then again maybe you would accept that also and just justify it the way you do everything else. Maybe if you don't like people trying to get what they feel is just compensation (pay and bennies) for their sacrificies made to make this co sucessful and profitable maybe you should go work elsewhere.

keep paying me
keep paying into my 401k
keep giving me vaction
i can go on and on.

JB, I would like to rebuttal your post if I may. Not trying to say I'm all knowing, and you are less than that. Just my two cents. No car. No huge raise. G.I. payed for a meal on an extended lay over (after13 hrs.) We thought that was fair. Don't want both a 401k and a pension. Just a pension. Like we had at G.I. No one is starting a bunch of crap over the pension issue. He was just trying to get some feed back to gauge if it was still an employee concern. In regards to your remark " the company owes me nothing" I would like to ask you a question. If there was a class action law suit at Estes regarding unpaid monies for time spent on duty (delay pay, fueling, etc.) And a judge declared Estes was in violation of labor laws, and the judge ordered Estes to pay it's drivers two years of retroactive pay for these violations, would you except the money, or would you say "estes doesn't owe me anything"? As far as " you owe the company nothing" In my opinion, you owe the company a 100% effort every day you suit up and show to work. An honest days work for an honest days pay. I think this is an old school way of thinking!! Your way of thinking ( pensions are obsolete and the 401k is a better deal) is a new school way of thinking. I truly never thought I would see the day, when an employee actually believes that a pension plan, isn't the most wonderful way an employer can show their appreciation, for decades of service, that helped build their empire! But, that's just me. Not saying I'm right and you're wrong. We are just different. As far as your vacations, bulk of your medical insurance, and 401k. You kind of contradict yourself here. If Estes doesn't OWE you a pension, then why do they OWE you these other benefits? An (at will) employee is at the mercy of his or her company in regards to these issues. Who's to say, one day, non union companies decide they are not obligated to offer medical or 401k matches? It could happen. I'm not saying it will. But without a contract, who knows? Just food for thought. Elvis out...

should estes provide a pension for there workers

PENSION? Like retirement security? Crap! They thought you asked for a penitentiary. The management said you already have that. If you need improvement for that, I suppose they might want to look for a concentration camp.

TM:Bondage:Poor Estes driver

Here we go again.You need to look at some of your own posts and see just what a suck up you really are. You are just to eager to accept what this co. deems is fair but if it wasn't for others that came before you that fought for what you have now you would have nothing. But then again maybe you would accept that also and just justify it the way you do everything else. Maybe if you don't like people trying to get what they feel is just compensation (pay and bennies) for their sacrificies made to make this co sucessful and profitable maybe you should go work elsewhere.

OUCH, RIB SHOT!! that hurt so bad, his kids felt that one. SAD SACK IS IN THE HOUSE YALL!!! Elvis out....

Not enough employees to have a pension. Hell the union can barely keep the one they have going.
But it would me nice, kind of like winning the lottery.
Cause the way the 401k goes you will work till you are dead and gone.
I got my own investments going that will have me retire early I hope. :funky:

Not enough employees to have a pension. Hell the union can barely keep the one they have going.

INTOTHENOW, I have 2 questions for you. First, how many employees does a Estes have and how many do you think are needed to have a pension?

Secondly, which Teamster pension fund are they having problems keeping?