Estes | should estes provide a pension

Not enough employees to have a pension. Hell the union can barely keep the one they have going.
But it would me nice, kind of like winning the lottery.
Cause the way the 401k goes you will work till you are dead and gone.
I got my own investments going that will have me retire early I hope. :funky:

Estes used to have a pension for their employees about 15 years ago but they started the 401 and some of the employees rolled theirs over and some cashed out.:smilie_132:

well i was there 14 years ago and i don't remember no pension or even the mention of one...

I might have been mistaken on the 15 years but they did have a company sponsored retirement plan which the employees called a pension. The employees who have been there a while still mention it. It might have been longer than 15 years ago but I know that they had one. I wish that they had one now but that's just wishful thinking.:smilie_132:

Estes used to have a pension for their employees about 15 years ago but they started the 401 and some of the employees rolled theirs over and some cashed out.:smilie_132:

Some of the older GI employees still have their GI Trucking pension.

However, nothing is being done with it since Estes bought GI out.

I wonder if it still exists ???:shrug:

Yes it still exists. retired emp. are still gettin checks.
Well that is until ol' rob finds a way to steal that money!!!

do they provide a pention??????

good god man. should estes provide me a new car, a 50k a year raise, perdiem for my meals on my meet and turn, someone to dolly down the trailer, someone to pull the 5th wheel pin????

they dont offer a pention they have a 4o1k.....oh i know what you want you want to get rid of the 401k and then get a pention. right? right???

no you want both dont you? dont you??

if they offered it you are danm right i would take it, but you are friken insane if i am gunna start a bunch of crap over the pention issue. this company owes me NOTHING!!!!! if i work here for 50 years they owe me NOTHING!!! as long as all the paychecks clear :biglaugh:. anyway that is an old school idea, and yes i know the union has it, whipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!. you owe this company NOTHING the company owes you NOTHING!!

here is what estes should do:

keep me employed :D
keep paying me
keep maintaining thier equipment
keep paying the BULK of my med insurance
keep paying into my 401k
keep giving me vaction
i can go on and on.

dude get back on this planet.you cant even wipe your *** with a 401k

I have a prediction on this issue. I think Rob will claim a financial hardship out in the west. Then they will cash out the pension, to the employees who are vested, at pennies on the dollar. Elvis out and waiting for this day to happen......................................

I have a prediction on this issue. I think Rob will claim a financial hardship out in the west. Then they will cash out the pension, to the employees who are vested, at pennies on the dollar. Elvis out and waiting for this day to happen......................................

I could see that happening. I admit I don't know a whole lot about it. But if it isn't costing them money to let it sit why do anything with it ?

I could see that happening. I admit I don't know a whole lot about it. But if it isn't costing them money to let it sit why do anything with it ?

Stop that!!! you are useing crazy talk!! :hysterical:
I agree but ol' rob sits in his office (throne) and salivates over that money. And how to get his hands on it!!!!!!! Mark my words.:chairshot: