Shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that everybody has learned the truth about LAX and how they lied to get you to work for free. I hope all of you can find new jobs and make it through this tough time. I guess I was telling the truth, that's why LAX management attacked me with there lies and tried to cover there tracks of what really happened. Good luck to you all, I wish you the best.

If you worked and did not get paid and have vacation time owed to you file a complaint with your labor board, especially if somebody is saying they are downsizing and plan on reopening.

Im working on that. Talked to state labor board and they told me i have to go to the us labor board because of the company running in multiple states and the amount that i gross. Odds are i will be filing a class action suit against laxv. Added up the hours and vacation they owe me. Somewhere near $4300

Im working on that. Talked to state labor board and they told me i have to go to the us labor board because of the company running in multiple states and the amount that i gross. Odds are i will be filing a class action suit against laxv. Added up the hours and vacation they owe me. Somewhere near $4300
Good for you! I hope some of your fellow employees open up their eyes and see that they are getting the business. You worked for them they have to pay up. File claims.

I am a.nj worker. I was told today that I'm laid off. I knew this but was told officially today. If lax is working how can they legally not pay us. And since many of us down here have worked during January. We should also be entitled to our vacation time.

7qEEgXn.jpg

Quick questions guys need some help. I used to work at the carlstadt terminal, I worked last week and half of this week. I applied for unemployment and since I worked this year am I able to recieve holiday pay and my 2 weeks vacation from unemployment?

I am a.nj worker. I was told today that I'm laid off. I knew this but was told officially today. If lax is working how can they legally not pay us. And since many of us down here have worked during January. We should also be entitled to our vacation time.
What you need to do is get an attorney to file a class action law suit against LAX and notify state and federal labor boards be cause they strung you guys along, promised you were going to be paid and fully new 2 weeks prior that they were going to close the doors. They stopped paying in to your 401K 2 weeks prior knowing they were going to close the terminals.

Yes you should, You need to file with state and federal labor boards and let them no that you were promised to be paid for your time, even though they new in advance that they were going to close the doors and string you along for free labor and if that doesn't go anywhere get everyone together and file a class action law suit against them

Quick questions guys need some help. I used to work at the carlstadt terminal, I worked last week and half of this week. I applied for unemployment and since I worked this year am I able to recieve holiday pay and my 2 weeks vacation from unemployment?[
Good for you! I hope some of your fellow employees open up their eyes and see that they are getting the business. You worked for them they have to pay up. File claims.
Don't let them get away with it !

When I was an employee at Land Air on the day I was terminated by Bill Spencer himself because I wouldn't take a tractor that was in dot violation, he said as I was walking out after he told me not to come back," That's how we do it in Windsor." Well tell me Bill, is that what you say when you **** over your employees too??? I know you're on here reading this. Why don't you reach down and grab some dignity and pay your ex employees what they deserve for sticking with your :shit:ty company. It's the least you can do. Since you owe everyone who punched your clock so much more. You should just own up and be a man you never were and just admit defeat. You weren't good enough to keep a trucking company afloat. It's ok, your employees will understand if you do the right thing and pay them what they earned.

Last edited:
Do they hire drivers without a hazmat endorsement or tandems?
Yes , they do hire driver's without them ,but they will have you get them and or send you to our own yrcw driving school & help get what you need to get !! apply on line today & you can apply for any of the companies , YRC or Holland or New Penn or Reddway .

I worked out of the Windsor terminal and a lot of good guys lost their jobs today. I heard that there was some bad stuff that was going on with land air before I started working for them but Sarah did turn things around and we had a great crew working there and would stick by that crew no matter what. I only worked there for less than a year and I went in there with the intention of giving them my all and believe we did as a team. Windsor felt more like a local team than a company wide team but that's just how I felt going in every morning. I hope to work with some of the crew again.

If you worked and did not get paid and have vacation time owed to you file a complaint with your labor board, especially if somebody is saying they are downsizing and plan on reopening.
How about the fact that Land Air never paid Safety Bonuses to any employee who left before they were handed out. I left in July 2014 and 2013 Bonuses were handed out in December 2014. Talking to former employees it seems that was the norm although federal law says they owe you. Put that in with a class action suit. According to reports they knew this was happening, no money. This is more than safety violations.

How about the fact that Land Air never paid Safety Bonuses to any employee who left before they were handed out. I left in July 2014 and 2013 Bonuses were handed out in December 2014. Talking to former employees it seems that was the norm although federal law says they owe you. Put that in with a class action suit. According to reports they knew this was happening, no money. This is more than safety violations.
Im going after them for everything i can. Probably a losing battle but im all in. 2 safety bonus', 3 weeks vaca, 56 clock hours and mileage from my personal vehicle

And they still continue to ask people to work without being able to or intending to pay them. They want to clear the docks of freight so that they can still cash in on those invoices. There is a difference between loyalty and stupidity. It's wrong that the government continues to allow this to go on. This will go down as the most epic screwing by a company of its employees. Leave now, stop allowing the Spencers to play on your emotions. You are getting played!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.