XPO | Sic Sold

So what you are saying is because I have no interest in the union I will setting for the bottom?
In my post I said we all have a choice to make and gave my reason for MY choice of coming here. That does not mean I staying here forever. Time will tell. I was pointing out that some put seniority and vacation time on top of their list while some put different items on top of theirs.
No , I’m saying that you have to accept what they offer and you have no recourse. Every time you make an excuse for why they diminish something in this industry your accepting less . I find value in what you do. Your obviously a good driver and deserve a decent living . This is a dangerous and very demanding job and you sacrifice a very large portion of your life to provide for your family. I think you deserve everything you can get and your employment should not and in the hands of a kangaroo court if you make a one time mistake. I have been here many more years than you and have seen things that were just plain wrong done to good workers.
I worked here many years without a union . Things have changed. The industry has changed and a lot of it is not for the good .

I have been here many more years than you and have seen things that were just plain wrong done to good workers.
I heard the horror stories like driver forced to drive truck with out working wipers, heaters, and driving in snow they had no business being out in.
I have to say we have more power now then we did back in the day. I have told my boss that I will not driver a truck that someone has been smoking in. 4 years ago I put are whole rental trailer pool O/S, 10 trailer, and refused to pull the load and if I found out anyone else did I would inform the higher ups.
How would have that gone over back in the CCX days
Things have changed. The industry has changed and a lot of it is not for the good .
We thought at one time the Govt was getting out of trucking, but now we have more regs then we did back then.We are one of the highest reg industries with over watch and reg then any other industry

This is a dangerous and very demanding job and you sacrifice a very large portion of your life to provide for your family.
Trucking is Deadly for Truckers , and Lots of Other People

si61kTp.jpg

(Bloomberg Opinion) -- Of the major industries for which the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported workplace fatality rates for 2018, truck transportation was the most dangerous, with 28 deaths per 100,000 full-time-equivalent workers.

A more immediate concern is the age of truck drivers. Those 65 and older are somewhat overrepresented in the ranks of driver/sales workers and truck drivers (they made up 7.7% of that category last year versus 6.6% of the overall workforce), and long-haul truckers appear to skew even older.

From - Yahoo! Finance

I don’t know what he thinks . Have you talked to him ? I haven’t.
Actually he had a town hall at our barn and he was asked his thought about unions. His response, he dosen't think employees need a third party when we can directly talk to management. Doesn't sound like he like unions to me

Every share I own I've made 20%, not a bad investment
What’s the stock price going higher do for you ?
Well some of us would like to thank a company called "Spruce Point Capitol" for writing there report on XPO driving the price down to around $45 per share back in March 0f 2019. Now over time I have more then doubled my investment with today's opening price $96 and as of this post it's 99.74 on 11:05 20 Oct 20

Well some of us would like to thank a company called "Spruce Point Capitol" for writing there report on XPO driving the price down to around $45 per share back in March 0f 2019. Now over time I have more then doubled my investment with today's opening price $96 and as of this post it's 99.74 on 11:05 20 Oct 20
Maybe BJ is a evil genius and got them to write that article to drop the stock price, buy some and make a killing, it seems articles get printed to make the stock rise why not the opposite

I'm not worried at all, seems like the more of the he sells the higher the stock goes, I say sell them all

He is using the money from the sales to hide some accounting tricks and prop up other numbers that he wants to impress investors with. Remember. He has $2 billion in cash that he borrowed right before the covid. The company doesn't need to generate the cash. It's all for show. Smoke and mirrors.