Yellow | southern modified

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
Is there anywhere I can bump? How do I get the full southern seniority list? August 2005 is my date. Im real curious about OKC.

All you would do is bump in to a bunch of people not working. Some one else just made that mistake. A major portion of their board was not working prior to the recent COO. Now, since more people moved in than they have work for, an even higher percentage is sitting at home babysitting the phone. You can get a seniority list on any terminal of interest from your BA. Being foolish enough to move to that terminal without making sure you'll even work is on you.

Is there anywhere I can bump? How do I get the full southern seniority list? August 2005 is my date. Im real curious about OKC.

I have a difficult time thinking there is a master list of all those working in the southern conference especially when you consider all the terminals involved.

Call all terminals you might be interested in. Make sure you get a name and call that person again to verify that person really does exist. You will find some will be very helpful while others will down right lie to avoid having you bump one of their own drivers.

You're going to have a tough time finding work with that seniority date, but good luck.

I have a difficult time thinking there is a master list of all those working in the southern conference especially when you consider all the terminals involved.

Call all terminals you might be interested in. Make sure you get a name and call that person again to verify that person really does exist. You will find some will be very helpful while others will down right lie to avoid having you bump one of their own drivers.

You're going to have a tough time finding work with that seniority date, but good luck.

No, there is not a master list of available terminals. Again the procedure is to request a copy of the seniority list from your local BA of any terminals you are interested in. At that point you need to do the leg work to make sure you will be active and able to work at that terminal. Since local work rules vary from terminal to terminal, you almost need to physically visit each terminal you are interested in and talk to the TM or Linehaul Manager. That will give you all the facts you need to make a decision on the specific terminal. Another thing to bear in mind is that current freight trends in the company may get you laid off somewhere else. If that happens, you lose your right to return to your original domicile.

It seems hard to make a decision with no idea what is going on. It does show me that Dallas shouldn't have been a + 60 in the change. That is my opinion of course.

It seems hard to make a decision with no idea what is going on. It does show me that Dallas shouldn't have been a + 60 in the change. That is my opinion of course.

I think OKC hasn't been working they're bottom Truck. I don't know your personal situation but I would stay where I was at if I were you. CGB was a gainer of 120 last Coo/merge and now they're laying off in droves. Just my personal opinion. Good luck.

When does my 30 days start on the layoff? That is another question I have.

The OKC situation doesn't sound too good. I wondEr how far from the bottom I would be? At least I would have benefits?

Dude

Dude, have you read CVE/ROF? My brother (CVE) just got his letter 3/28/09. He has 10 years. 2005 isn't going to get you anything. Take the layoff and the +/- $400/wk unemployment.
If you can SM at all you'll be laid off there and suffer the 5 year recall there.
If you must work to pay the bills consider another employer or bankrupacy. There is only Glen Moore/YRC.
The IBT has kicked us to the side and we let them do it.
Federal law requires YRC to serve it's share holders, nothing else.
The date of your letter is the start date.

What do I know? I'm just a truckdriver.

I think I'm just going to find a job and keep working. From what I'm hearing they'll lay off 100 more in Dallas,TX . It also doesn't help Glen Moore is running all California freight. I didn't vote for this contract. I'll be fine once I find work. I have some reserves.

Truck if your on the top of the lay-off list dont panic just yet,when you get to be 20/30 down the list,now thats a different ball of wax.Good luck to you.

I told a friend of mine the days of running a good bid at Roadway are gone. I don't see the good times returning ever even If we are called back to work. Plan on making $600-$800 a week if you are working and $400 if you arent on unemployment. Maybe less than that in some states.

I got curious and called OKC today. They have 10 guys that are lower seniority than August 2005. The guy above me has supposedly made 3 runs this month though. Not good.

Any other Terminals I might look into. I haven't called the Alabama ones mentioned earlier in this thread. I may do that tomorrow just out of curiosity.