Yellow | southern modified

Probably wanna try 421 (B'ham) first, I think 409 (Decatur) just layed 4 or 5 guys off. Good luck. You might wanna look into Marietta, GA also. I heard that a 2000 date would have about 90 below him, just heard that, CANNOT confirm it.

I called Marietta, GA I am assuming there is an Atlanta wide seniority list. I was told the last guy working is 7/2003. A little above me by about 2 years.

Special Rules in OKC?

I'm hearing that if you get laid off in OKC they still pay your H&W. I also heard that they don't allow you to bump in somewhere else if you are laid off. Any truth to this?

I guess the simple answer would be to call the hall up there. A friend of mine was telling me this and I found it odd.

I'm hearing that if you get laid off in OKC they still pay your H&W. I also heard that they don't allow you to bump in somewhere else if you are laid off. Any truth to this?

As a laid off driver from OKC I can tell you for a fact they don't pay your H&W. I don't know about the reast.

I guess the simple answer would be to call the hall up there. A friend of mine was telling me this and I found it odd.

You can bump somewere else. Using the SM. If you make the move be ready to sit. If I were you I would stay in TX there is more work comeing out of there than here.

Where in the world would they pay H&W for laid offs? Isn't that really the whole reason they laid so many off? No benefits to pay.

I have read all of the responses to the southern modified, i work in florida from stroudsburg, pa on one of the many changes roadway has had, and while you can bump where your senority will hold you, it won't be in southern florida, we are bumped out... All of us who are left have more senority than you have. We have uprooted our lives and our families to try to stay a float so we can retire.... We are all having tough kid,,, but there has to be a better way than to force people who live here out of a job, who has a house here already... Stay in dallas...........

There is a bunch of that going on. Guys are bumping in to terminals thinking they'll work. Freight is not getting better. SMS seniority move are being done by higher seniority than lower seniority bumpers that have just moved. Many are paying for two residences and not making enough to cover their added expense. When they are done, they are stuck not working, hundreds of miles from their families w/twice the living expenses. If the compny closes in a few months, they still have their lease to fulfill. Some wive see it on here and push hubby into it. They get his paycheck and all the freedom they want to do and buy what they choose. He has become a portable paycheck who may never get to go home.

I have read all of the responses to the southern modified, i work in florida from stroudsburg, pa on one of the many changes roadway has had, and while you can bump where your senority will hold you, it won't be in southern florida, we are bumped out... All of us who are left have more senority than you have. We have uprooted our lives and our families to try to stay a float so we can retire.... We are all having tough kid,,, but there has to be a better way than to force people who live here out of a job, who has a house here already... Stay in dallas...........

At this present moment I agreee that a move is a bad situation. I just wish you had told all your guys up north to stay out of Dallas. This is only in jest. I got 2 friends from Stroudsburg and they are laid off just like me. I'm sure theres a few working too.