XPO | Speed increased to 70mph

MMIKk1x.jpg

It has finally been announced:

Big nothing burger
It matters to the general public ( in my opinion )

If the speed limit is 65mph people generally do 5 - 10 miles over the limit. If it's 70mph , same thing. By tacking on 5mph more it helps shrink the difference in the speed of traffic on the highway.

It can be crazy to see people hurtling up to the back of your trailer , only to have to suddenly try to slow down. Some misjudge just how slow XPO vehicles are moving. Hopefully , this helps , if only a little bit.

Oh the list grows:

Speeding will now be coachable

Using DriveCam, we will work to proactively coach on over-speed and too fast for conditions to help prevent accidents and injuries. Two new behaviors, “Speeding” and “Cornering Speed” will be added to our DriveCam suite of measurements.

• A Speeding event will trigger when a driver travels 10 MPH or more over the posted speed limit.
  • A Cornering Speed event will trigger when a driver begins a 90-degree turn at 15 MPH or more.
  • These events will be coachable and will be used to help reduce the risk of accidents when traveling above the posted speed.

Here in the NE I would rather have a truck that will pull a hill then do 70mph. I'll take a 65mph truck that will pull a hill at 55 and one down shift then a 70mph truck that has to drop 3 gears to pull the same hill.
I talked to a mechanic at my shop this morning. The update will be done at PM’s. Along with the new top speed, there will be “more power” in the top two gears. I don’t know how much, but this might help pull the hills. Personally, I hate using cruise. I think the tractor holds its speed better with the pedal mashed. I think some drivers will get into trouble when doing 70 in a 55, like on route 95 or 84 in Connecticut. Time will tell.

I talked to a mechanic at my shop this morning. The update will be done at PM’s. Along with the new top speed, there will be “more power” in the top two gears. I don’t know how much, but this might help pull the hills. Personally, I hate using cruise. I think the tractor holds its speed better with the pedal mashed. I think some drivers will get into trouble when doing 70 in a 55, like on route 95 or 84 in Connecticut. Time will tell.
Driving down I-95 the other day minding my own business I saw two XPO trucks racing. I was in the right lane minding my own business one went by in the middle lane and one went by in the left lane. Watching the brake lights up ahead I noticed one of the XPO trucks trapped in the right lane went into the breakdown Lane To get a round a slow moving vehicle in the right lane. What we really should do is jack up the speeds to 75. That ought to make things more interesting in heavily congested areas LOL Cross Bronx Expressway is 6 miles long and has bumps so bad you’re 80,000 pound set will become airborne at 50 miles an hour in a 50 mile an hour zone. Wait till you boys see the two day freight After crossing the Cross Bronx at 70 LOL

Push your luck and you live with the consequences. Looking forward to hearing about more power for hills. That would make our longest run much more enjoyable. Not to mention a shorter drive line. Which even with the 70 mph truck, getting a little more drive time on top of that, is going to be a plus.

Driving down I-95 the other day minding my own business I saw two XPO trucks racing. I was in the right lane minding my own business one went by in the middle lane and one went by in the left lane. Watching the brake lights up ahead I noticed one of the XPO trucks trapped in the right lane went into the breakdown Lane To get a round a slow moving vehicle in the right lane. What we really should do is jack up the speeds to 75. That ought to make things more interesting in heavily congested areas LOL Cross Bronx Expressway is 6 miles long and has bumps so bad you’re 80,000 pound set will become airborne at 50 miles an hour in a 50 mile an hour zone. Wait till you boys see the two day freight After crossing the Cross Bronx at 70 LOL

We have been hiring anything with a CDL. The results of that show up everywhere. Used to be we feared losing money out of our paychecks to dock hands. Now we wonder how much longer the company can afford to have drivers work the dock. Some disastrous loads. And then, yeah, they probably weren't to concerned about how they pulled them home either.

I wonder how long before the 4 wheels start using cameras and some of that horse play gets some people fired. Passing on the shoulder, and even worse if it was a pedestrian vehicle. This wasn't just drivers going three wide on a two lane highway. Probably with CBs or cell phone to communicate. Not that it would make this any better. It was a third party. Already moving slow. Getting passed on both sides by sets. Had to have been scared out of their minds. Think if it was your mom or your wife or your kid driving that slow roller. To be put in that position.

Oh yeah. We have some real winners driving sets. Since there are virtually no hills on that stretch of road, you need to be a professional driver and back out of the throttle to let these guys go. If not, you see crap like you did, usually with a line of trucks waiting to get by. As far as the cross Bronx, if you stay in the middle lane, it isn’t too bad (as I’m sure you know). But that left lane, no thanks. New York and Connecticut roads are awful, but I’m sure there are worse.