Estes | Speedy and Estes

sabresfan

TB Regular
PREMIUM
Credits
Curious if Estes allows Speedy to peddle with their trailers. I know Speedy uses Holland trailers all the time.

I personally haven’t witnessed E peddling or linehauling Speedy trailers around but I see them on the yard at certain locations. When I worked at Holland I pulled Speedy trailers all over the system on linehaul.

I run Canada everyday. This one I can't remember seeing. Now I do see central transport in really nice equipment there regularly. I don't know if they cover Canada or just interline with their "good stuff"

Spee Dee is a Midwest regional carrier. Not canadian. Dakotas, mn, iowa, Nebraska, wi. Ill.
This one he’s referring to is called Speedy Transport based in Brampton Ontario and they interline with Holland, Estes and I believe Southeastern some as well.

To answer the question, yes, Speedy uses Estes 53' long vans to do peddle work in Canada. They do not have any Estes-marked special equipment though, just the vans they bring freight over the border with. They also use Holland and Ward equipment for peddling as well as their own. It depends on the customer being served. They do not use Southeastern or Pyle equipment per request of those carriers, exclusively using their own equipment for all work related to them.

Speedy Transport provides Eastern Canada interline service for Holland, Estes, Ward, Southeastern and Pyle. They also do contract work for Reimer/Yellow Canada. Speedy covers the 401 corridor from Windsor to Montreal. Freight destined for Northern Ontario is handed off to Gardewine. Freight destined for Northern Quebec is handed off to Transport Guilbault. And freight destined for the maritime provinces is passed to Armour Transport in Moncton.

Former client carriers of Speedy include Red Star, Preston, New Penn and Old Dominion.

I personally haven’t witnessed E peddling or linehauling Speedy trailers around but I see them on the yard at certain locations. When I worked at Holland I pulled Speedy trailers all over the system on linehaul.
I saw E run a Speedy van exactly once. It was headed south on I-75, hooked to a sleeper.

Speedy does not appreciate Holland's habit of making their trailers disappear. Especially when they were sending their junk to Toronto for Speedy to fix. There's an ancient Holland tailgate van sitting in Toronto with the gate broken off. Holland won't pay to fix it, neither will Speedy. So there it's sat for like 5 years now.

Spee Dee is a Midwest regional carrier. Not canadian. Dakotas, mn, iowa, Nebraska, wi. Ill.
The speedee you mentioned there, Ted, has the black trucks, and doesn’t pay worth a darn. Depending the area you run, you might drive a van one day, a semi the next, and a straight truck the next.

Frootloop and sabers, which ltl is better to work for; Estes or sefl? Or is there enough difference to tell?
I'd choose Estes if I was p&d and sefl for linehaul. Estes is more laid back in the city. Sefl has better linehaul schedules. Estes has linehaul runs here in Buffalo that leave out Wednesday night and don't get home until Monday morning. Sefl is doing away with most of their system runs and going to 2&1/2 or 3/2 schedules.