Yellow | $ spent in lodging???

That still leaves Toledo short a truck :)

It's not a solution for every run, nothing in trucking works all the time due to varying freight levels but there are certainly some runs in the system that can be run this way, there are still a lot of local terminals running to breaks every night doesn't 158 still run 211 with 1 driver every night( 1 out and 1 back)?

3 out & 3 back Monday & Tuesday starts

So they still run both ways every night, if they had started it in the beginning you would 3 guys running half way out and back home every morning instead of laying overnight the other 3 would be running from 211.
The coordination issue is the problem but I don't buy that we as a company can't fix it if we as a company wanted to.

And I thought I was the only one thinking this has been messed up since the merge.

Sooner or later the supervisor/manager issue has to be handled, right now they seem to be afraid somebody will quit and the lower cost replacement will be worse(usually is).
Sooner or later I think we are going have to police our own if we want to be the best and get paid the most it has to supported by something.
The European trade guild model is not a bad example, we need to raise the bar if we want to treated like the best and the brightest.
Go to work do the best you can each and everyday should be the union motto.
Management needs to learn to listen we have shown them before that we know how to get the job done but it's going to take time for them to relearn.

The supervisor/ management issue I find has been laxidasial at best. No one wants to take the bull by the horns and lead this company in the right direction. Too many times I've sat in meetings where they are very quick to throw the blame on the union employees but when I throw it back at them by showing that lack of management/ leadership is the culprit in most cases they shy away but show little interest in correcting their problems first. It seems more like a cover their ass thing than a fix the problem thing. Instead of changing the way they operate it seems easier to cut costs by eliminating jobs and salaries and dumping the work load onto the remaining people. Policing our own. WOW. I prefer to police myself, then I only have myself to blame. I've seen a lot of crooked COPS on the take since the merge and and have spent A LOT of time defending them when they get caught, and some just don't get it. Integrity doesn't seem to matter to some of them, although I blame the lack of management/ leadership for not leading the workforce.

I know what you mean I see them all the time, but at some point having a union workforce needs to be a plus for a company, a selling point so to speak so that younger drivers/dock/maintenance workers want to come work here with the pride and have the earnings package, it once had. and that tells the customers we are the best and we know how to get the job done. Now I fear they they both see and think the opposite a lot of the time.

What I see as a major roadblock in the employees/ management doing a great job is the constant micro managing from Kansas City. Our terminal manager really isn't allowed to manage the operation because he is directed what to do by the ADO and K C. He's told how many drivers and dock workers to use and what numbers are expected from each group. The only thing he does is pressure his supervisors to pressure the employees to meet those numbers. It's sad that the dock guys could easily better the numbers that are mandated by K C, but cruise through their shifts only meeting those numbers because they hate the constant micromanagement from the top. I haven't figured out why they bother having managers if they won't let them manage. I think they would be amazed at what most of the employees could do if you just told them what needed to be done and let them do their jobs without the bull****. That's probably the biggest reason why none of the management want to take the lead because they aren't allowed to.:shrug::duh:

So they still run both ways every night, if they had started it in the beginning you would 3 guys running half way out and back home every morning instead of laying overnight the other 3 would be running from 211.
The coordination issue is the problem but I don't buy that we as a company can't fix it if we as a company wanted to.

I'm no so much against turns as I try to understand the logisitical problems that go with linehaul. One other thing to remember is that any Company wants maximum productivity from they drivers as well as equipment. The only thing keeping us from being system drivers is the contract.

I agree they need to maximize the use of both, it's just that currently I don't believe we are, drivers sitting in the relay waiting for dispatches or sitting in the hotel for 15 hours are not productive drivers, my belief is that a happy driver performs better then one unhappy and dragging because he's been up too long waiting for a dispatch.
Even if it only covers 25% of the runs it's better then what we have now imho.

I don't know if Albag can shed a little light on why they have decided to go away from the owner op teams running to Minn,St Paul from Winnipeg to a single man owner op running opposite a company truck and both going to the hotel when they get there. They had 14 to 18 teams turning on schedules with an average 24 hour turnaround and seem to be going backwards by not turning and averaging 34 hour turnaround time now. This not only doubled the number of trucks on that run but added multiple hotel rooms to the mix. I only asked you Albag because I know you run to Minn. and see the owner ops there. I`ve asked the question to some of the guys I see that used to run that lane and they are scratching their heads trying to make sense of it and they haven`t figured it out either.

I don't know if Albag can shed a little light on why they have decided to go away from the owner op teams running to Minn,St Paul from Winnipeg to a single man owner op running opposite a company truck and both going to the hotel when they get there. They had 14 to 18 teams turning on schedules with an average 24 hour turnaround and seem to be going backwards by not turning and averaging 34 hour turnaround time now. This not only doubled the number of trucks on that run but added multiple hotel rooms to the mix. I only asked you Albag because I know you run to Minn. and see the owner ops there. I`ve asked the question to some of the guys I see that used to run that lane and they are scratching their heads trying to make sense of it and they haven`t figured it out either.

It's a good thing I have a thick head of hair. Because with all the scratching I've been doing I would be bald. I was told it had something to do with the Fast Pass.

It's a good thing I have a thick head of hair. Because with all the scratching I've been doing I would be bald. I was told it had something to do with the Fast Pass.

All of the highway drivers have FAST cards. It has been a requirement by the company since Customs came out with them. Before that it was CDRP cards. From what I keep hearing is that management is telling the Union and road drivers that they MUST get a FAST or they will be run around and dropped to the bottom of the board if they don't have one when Canadian loads come up for dispatch. Maybrook is running Montreal, Buffalo is running Toronto and Minn/ St Paul is running Winnipeg.

why don't they get some sleepers like this where they know the motel costs are high?
49_lg_cas2.jpg

why don't they get some sleepers like this where they know the motel costs are high?
49_lg_cas2.jpg

There aren't enough tractors in the fleet. Having even a small percentage of our tractors in use but not moving is not possible.

Besides it's the wrong color. :hide:

The last time I went to 211 then 218 and laid over YRC was paying $22.28 Per night the slip said in that ballpark at the Days Inn in Richfield,OH. So it is worth it to them. It has been a while but I doubt the rate changed much due to the volume we do at that hotel.

The last time I went to 211 then 218 and laid over YRC was paying $22.28 Per night the slip said in that ballpark at the Days Inn in Richfield,OH. So it is worth it to them. It has been a while but I doubt the rate changed much due to the volume we do at that hotel.

22.28 vs driver wait time 1-2hrs at meet spot or before you leave the terminal and drop and hook pay. Plus you sit for free at the hotel til your 14hr mark. Do the math. It's why we don't do turns. Other LTL's can do turns cause they minimize waitime and shut the doors on the trailer when it's time to go. OD pays no wait time is how they minimize the cost. So 22.28 is a good bargain for them to lay down.

49_lg_cas2.jpg
We used to have a bunch of these but some people felt they couldn't control the operation we had so they got rid of them and started using using the American trucks. We used to pay $205 a year to cross the border up to 400 times per year now they are paying $10.75 per trip but they are maximizing equipment use. I don't know, maybe I'm not getting the big picture. The company paid an average of $35000.00 to buy these trucks off lease and we ran them for three years plus the $615 for the customs decals, now they use any truck that they can find and are paying an average of $4200 per year for custom fees per employee. What am I missing here. It's no wonder they are the bosses and I am just a truck driver.
I thought they were pretty nice company trucks.

We used to have a bunch of these but some people felt they couldn't control the operation we had so they got rid of them and started using using the American trucks. We used to pay $205 a year to cross the border up to 400 times per year now they are paying $10.75 per trip but they are maximizing equipment use. I don't know, maybe I'm not getting the big picture. The company paid an average of $35000.00 to buy these trucks off lease and we ran them for three years plus the $615 for the customs decals, now they use any truck that they can find and are paying an average of $4200 per year for custom fees per employee. What am I missing here. It's no wonder they are the bosses and I am just a truck driver.
I thought they were pretty nice company trucks.

Reimer had VERY nice tractors and trailers. But like the rest of YRCW it is mostly run down and minimally maintained.

Start by asking why meet and turns didn't work.

and then whatever whiney excuse they give ask well then why does all the competition seem to be able to work out your pathetic answer? the real answer is because nobody makes coordinators coordinate. no accountability, except if they can give you a chicken s... letter.