ABF | Start the Picketline

My point was.... holland doesn't have a proposal yet.... why would you want to be closed.... with out even a proposal....

My mistake.... I said I was wrong.

I'm not a yes man or stupid one either.... just my opinion

My point was.... holland doesn't have a proposal yet.... why would you want to be closed.... with out even a proposal....

I think you might be mistaking Muler's post as a humorous jab at your post but I think it was aimed at why...

Hey with why's post you seemed right in line. lol

I wasn’t talking to you Stimpy I was talking to why.

Why, I would like to see 100% voting also! I would hate to see a picket line but I took my last week of vacation just incase. It was mine, I earned it, and I don’t want the union or the company taking it from me if we go on strike longer than a week.

Now... this make 5 silly... childish posts on 5 different threads... do you think you entered imbecile and mentally unstable territory yet...

Ahh,.....he's asking me the same question...........Maybe it's a cry for help..........Someone lock him up underground, or something?

He's sure curious about the condition of the sun, isn't he?

Ahh,.....he's asking me the same question...........Maybe it's a cry for help..........Someone lock him up underground, or something?

He's sure curious about the condition of the sun, isn't he?

He must have limited use of the computer today but he still wanted to make sure he got his daily trash in all the threads.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."

Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins), “The Shawshank Redemption” (1994)

LET'S 100% VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

Or, maybe.....”Sour taste of defeat”....

What happens if this.....steaming heap of an agreement........is ratified?

Once again, ABF is probably the only American Corporation not to give vacation to newly hired and one year employees. Wait another year.

The pay raises are practically insulting......An industry low.......especially in light of the rest of the LTL business.....

The de-funding of pensions continues unabated. It’s almost like there’s a ......conspiracy between employers and the IBT ,......to ruin defined-benefit funds. UPS buys out,.....YRC cuts payments,.....pension funds nationwide suffer.......

And the IBT Negotiating Committee doesn’t see this?

At one time, ABF didn’t need to advertise or recruit for employees. No Union employer did.......And the IBT allowed them to set up casual/peferred casual/new-hire.....”hoops” to jump through,......so that only the most tenacious guys stuck out the ....up to several year.....process to get hired with healthcare and pension.

What is ABF’s turnover rate now? .......What is the incentive for anyone to bother getting hired here now?......Low pay,...no vacation,...poor prospects for pension......

It’s almost like they are....plotting......the company to fail.

Last contract, ABF admitted that 75% of their employees were within 5 years of retirement..........That’s now........How many guys will pull the trigger on retirement if this putrid lump of a contract is passed? ABF doesn’t care if they’ve sown the seeds of their own destruction?

Or.........are they going to use their.......inability........to hire as an excuse to greatly expand their non-Union assets?

And the IBT doesn’t see that?

Or, maybe.....”Sour taste of defeat”....

What happens if this.....steaming heap of an agreement........is ratified?

Once again, ABF is probably the only American Corporation not to give vacation to newly hired and one year employees. Wait another year.

The pay raises are practically insulting......An industry low.......especially in light of the rest of the LTL business.....

The de-funding of pensions continues unabated. It’s almost like there’s a ......conspiracy between employers and the IBT ,......to ruin defined-benefit funds. UPS buys out,.....YRC cuts payments,.....pension funds nationwide suffer.......

And the IBT Negotiating Committee doesn’t see this?

At one time, ABF didn’t need to advertise or recruit for employees. No Union employer did.......And the IBT allowed them to set up casual/peferred casual/new-hire.....”hoops” to jump through,......so that only the most tenacious guys stuck out the ....up to several year.....process to get hired with healthcare and pension.

What is ABF’s turnover rate now? .......What is the incentive for anyone to bother getting hired here now?......Low pay,...no vacation,...poor prospects for pension......

It’s almost like they are....plotting......the company to fail.

Last contract, ABF admitted that 75% of their employees were within 5 years of retirement..........That’s now........How many guys will pull the trigger on retirement if this putrid lump of a contract is passed? ABF doesn’t care if they’ve sown the seeds of their own destruction?

Or.........are they going to use their.......inability........to hire as an excuse to greatly expand their non-Union assets?

And the IBT doesn’t see that?
And these are just some of the reasons the Teamsters find themselves in the position they are today. Why would a new hire want to buy into what they are selling? Exactly who’s to blame for the Teamsters demise? The IBT or the members? After all they did vote on it? If the vote goes the same this time it will probably seal the fate of the Teamsters in the LTL MARKET. And If its goes the other way it will probably seal ABF’s fate. It appears to be a lose .... lose situation.

And these are just some of the reasons the Teamsters find themselves in the position they are today. Why would a new hire want to buy into what they are selling? Exactly who’s to blame for the Teamsters demise? The IBT or the members? After all they did vote on it? If the vote goes the same this time it will probably seal the fate of the Teamsters in the LTL MARKET. And If its goes the other way it will probably seal ABF’s fate. It appears to be a lose .... lose situation.
This doesn’t look good however you want to view it.