XPO | Sterling Trucks

seems I remember hearing the head of maintenance doing an interview with some transport magazine and he said the Conway LTL's will be getting the 375,000 mile TL trucks and they will be converted to daycabs by Road Systems...so more or less we will be driving KW's, Volvos, etc. with the C15's and 10 speeds just broken in by Truckload.

Yes, I have heard the same info about the refurbished TL tractors. I drove a truck at a previous job that had the sleeper removed and the 5th wheel repositioned, but the frame was never shortened....what a piece of sh@# that truck was. Oh boy, I can't wait!! :popcorn: :clap:

This may be a part of the study.

If not and it is something the company is seriously considering then they can :butt kiss: goodbye!!!

I won't be spied on as if I were a criminal, terrorist, or sexual deviant. I do my job to the best of my ability...and if that isn't good enough then see ya'! If they are considering doing this they are stone cold insane.

Not that I wouldn't put it past them or any such thing. This would be the epitome of micro-managment to the nth degree.

I suppose the argument would be in the case of an accident there is video proof of the drivers actions in tandem with the info provided by the on-board computer. Like the dash cams the LEOs use.

I for one won't tolerate it...under any circumstances...we pay good...but not that good!!!

Rat :loser:

Yes, you will take it.

Why?

Because that's the new way of doing business as a driver in the 21st century.

How is it fair for a McDonald's or Walmart employee to be recorded on digital camera's, but not a holy-roller truck driver who uses a company truck to make a living?

See ya at the unemployment line when you up and quit when that cab-camera gets installed on your rigs. :popcorn:

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while!!!:biglaugh:

Walmart is testing these as you are speaking.

Get used to it, driver.

They test your urine, the have your photos, they take
your prints if you have hazmat endorsement, and they do
a background check on everyone too.

What did you people think was coming next?

Cab-Cams, that's what!

No more privacy. Yeah it sucks, but you can live with it or quit your job.

Which choice will pay the bills on time?

Walmart is testing these as you are speaking.

Get used to it, driver.

They test your urine, the have your photos, they take
your prints if you have hazmat endorsement, and they do
a background check on everyone too.

What did you people think was coming next?

Cab-Cams, that's what!

No more privacy. Yeah it sucks, but you can live with it or quit your job.

Which choice will pay the bills on time?

I wasn't commenting on any of those things (they don't bother me anyway).

I was laughing at the "it's a dry cold" comment.