XPO | Sterlings

BabyJ5525

TB Lurker
Credits
Just curious , how many sterlings are left in the system ? Had one today with a million plus on it and it’s not pretty . No mudflaps , no wind Faring , no radio jumps out of gear constantly . A real gem , does XPO not realize it’s almost 2020 ?? A new recruit would run the other way if the manager said there’s your ride , go get em tiger !

Just curious , how many sterlings are left in the system ? Had one today with a million plus on it and it’s not pretty . No mudflaps , no wind Faring , no radio jumps out of gear constantly . A real gem , does XPO not realize it’s almost 2020 ?? A new recruit would run the other way if the manager said there’s your ride , go get em tiger !
Driver repair on the mudflaps. Might take awhile with the seized up bolts. It might take SOOOOOO long that someone will think twice before dispatching you with a Sterling again.

Also a safety issue if it's jumping out of gear. Red tag. Next tractor please.

Half of the Holland trucks here are still Sterling..lol

Half of the Holland trucks here are still Sterling..lol
I still the the ROADWAY tractor I drove 15 years ago still on the road a few times per week. Can’t even begin to imagine how many miles are on it by now. It’s an older Volvo. I also see my old ABF (2005 Sterling) tractor out there too.

We had a bunch up to a few months ago but now there are being replaced with newer stuff. Does anyone know the overall average age of the entire tractor fleet ?

I'm still just happy those #$%&ing Fords are gone with their piece of *&÷@ ceramic clutches and god forsaken air starters.

As of now we no longer have any Sterlings assigned to our barn. We got 6 new Internationals.. There are still some around. Last week I took a truck to the shop and was given a Sterling as a swap unit. Old girl was beat up on the out side but drove great being a 21yr old truck, hell even better then some of the freightshakers I had to drive. My guess the shop will keep some around, the one in good shape to use as swap units. I think all the 7 speeds Sterling are gone I haven't seen any of those in a long time except in the bone yard at the shop

As of now we no longer have any Sterlings assigned to our barn. We got 6 new Internationals.. There are still some around. Last week I took a truck to the shop and was given a Sterling as a swap unit. Old girl was beat up on the out side but drove great being a 21yr old truck, hell even better then some of the freightshakers I had to drive. My guess the shop will keep some around, the one in good shape to use as swap units. I think all the 7 speeds Sterling are gone I haven't seen any of those in a long time except in the bone yard at the shop
I can’t remember the last time we had a new one . All of ours have 635,000 and up . The one sterling over a million . Maybe 2020 !

I can’t remember the last time we had a new one . All of ours have 635,000 and up . The one sterling over a million . Maybe 2020 !
All the Sterling were turned in had no were close to a million miles. We have Freightliners 09, 10, and 11 with over a million we are still running. We did not revive any new truck last year and got only 6 this years

Not totally sure, but I thought it was 2009??
Sounds about right. I liked them. Compared to a Pete or KW they were junk. Had one in the city for 3 years. Had @ least 800k on it, but they did keep them up pretty good. We had a mechanic named BOB that kept them running & would order parts to keep them running. A good man that knows how to repair things without a manual. von.

Sounds about right. I liked them. Compared to a Pete or KW they were junk. Had one in the city for 3 years. Had @ least 800k on it, but they did keep them up pretty good. We had a mechanic named BOB that kept them running & would order parts to keep them running. A good man that knows how to repair things without a manual. von.
Well, I enjoyed my Sterling...which I still see operating about two days a week here in town. Never had any major issues other than having to take up the clutch twice a year.

Last I knew it was up to you RM on what barn got the new trucks. We had one years ago that would tease us. We would get them for about 6 months then we would have to swap them out for trashed out trucks from his favorite SIC. He gone and we never had to do it again.