ABF | STONEY HAS LOST HIS MIND!!!....uh no...

Stoney

TB Veteran
Credits
Watching all the childish actions by these "NO VOTERS", has certainly made me so happy that CARD CHECK failed. We have ABF Teamsters calling other ABF Teamsters names, and other insults solely because of they're going to vote on this contract. We have the what I call the "No Voters" telling the "Yes Voters" that their vote is a vote based on fear, brown nosing, and or stupidity. We have the "No Voters' say such things like .."Go get back under that desk of management"... to the "Yes Voters". And apparently that's OK to a particular member, because that's a CLASSY INSULT. We also have the ever popular and way over used "You're just a company shill.".
Apparently those insults aren't childish, or plain wrong. But me calling some "No Voter" out on that type of rhetoric a jackball or any other name( WHICH I HAVE!! MANY MANY MANY TIMES" ), is just childish and the ranting of a fool. Uh, OK?:shrug:

A fool? So if that rhetoric is foolish ( I ADMIT IT IS ), then isn't also foolish when a Teamster uses the same kind of rhetoric towards management, other non-union employees say at Old Dominion or even their Union Brothers? How many times have we heard Teamsters in general call an Old Dominion driver stupid? I've seen it plenty of times.

Which brings me back to my original point of "Card Check". If Teamsters are so willing to act such a way to others, including their own Union Brothers, can you imagine the abuse that would have happened with "Card Check"? I can, and its scary!

Now was this post a rant? Sure I guess you can say that. But it was a rant with valid points. And a rant that needed to be said.

Your argument that "card-check" would disintegrate into some sort of a hate-fest is rather specious. Frankly, I don't see how anyone who believes in freedom of speech and expression could be against card check. The presumption that employers do not use subtle,.....and not-so-subtle...... methods of coercion on employees trying to form a Union, is ....on the face of it, ...false. We all know they do. When Overnite ,....5 years before UPS bought them,...tried to organize, back in the 90's, the effort stalled after 2 years,....and the National Labor Relations Board ,.........NOT the Teamsters,......had filed more than 1,000 Unfair Labor Practice charges against Overnite, ranging from discharges for Union activity, to actual physical abuse, beatings, and threats, against employees trying to organize. Go look at the NLRB archives. Those charges still stand, albeit they will never be heard because Overnite no longer exists as an employer. When UPS acquired Overnite,....with card check provisions in UPS's contract for new acquisitions,....Overnite/UPSF organized,....nationwide,...in about 8 months. The threat of employer coercion was removed from the Overnite employees, and they were able to freely vote in what they truly wanted. The canard that a "secret" ballot somehow invalidates a persons' freedom of choice, or that Unions would "strong-arm" people into signing cards is the desperate last argument left to employers who don't want their employees to organize. They have to accuse Unions of potentially threatening and coercing employees, when we all know, ...ESPECIALLY if we look at the archives of NLRB cases,....that these are the very same tactics the employers themselves have been accused,...tried,...and CONVICTED of. Exactly how, do you think, passage of the Employees Free Choice Act will have an impact, on the amount of insulting language between Union employees , and the potentially Union employees?

Watching all the childish actions by these "NO VOTERS", has certainly made me so happy that CARD CHECK failed. We have ABF Teamsters calling other ABF Teamsters names, and other insults solely because of they're going to vote on this contract. We have the what I call the "No Voters" telling the "Yes Voters" that their vote is a vote based on fear, brown nosing, and or stupidity. We have the "No Voters' say such things like .."Go get back under that desk of management"... to the "Yes Voters". And apparently that's OK to a particular member, because that's a CLASSY INSULT. We also have the ever popular and way over used "You're just a company shill.".
Apparently those insults aren't childish, or plain wrong. But me calling some "No Voter" out on that type of rhetoric a jackball or any other name( WHICH I HAVE!! MANY MANY MANY TIMES" ), is just childish and the ranting of a fool. Uh, OK?:shrug:

A fool? So if that rhetoric is foolish ( I ADMIT IT IS ), then isn't also foolish when a Teamster uses the same kind of rhetoric towards management, other non-union employees say at Old Dominion or even their Union Brothers? How many times have we heard Teamsters in general call an Old Dominion driver stupid? I've seen it plenty of times.

Which brings me back to my original point of "Card Check". If Teamsters are so willing to act such a way to others, including their own Union Brothers, can you imagine the abuse that would have happened with "Card Check"? I can, and its scary!

Now was this post a rant? Sure I guess you can say that. But it was a rant with valid points. And a rant that needed to be said.
You forgot the part about you being a childish,insulting union drone & oh ya your NUTS....

Your argument that "card-check" would disintegrate into some sort of a hate-fest is rather specious. Frankly, I don't see how anyone who believes in freedom of speech and expression could be against card check. The presumption that employers do not use subtle,.....and not-so-subtle...... methods of coercion on employees trying to form a Union, is ....on the face of it, ...false. We all know they do. When Overnite ,....5 years before UPS bought them,...tried to organize, back in the 90's, the effort stalled after 2 years,....and the National Labor Relations Board ,.........NOT the Teamsters,......had filed more than 1,000 Unfair Labor Practice charges against Overnite, ranging from discharges for Union activity, to actual physical abuse, beatings, and threats, against employees trying to organize. Go look at the NLRB archives. Those charges still stand, albeit they will never be heard because Overnite no longer exists as an employer. When UPS acquired Overnite,....with card check provisions in UPS's contract for new acquisitions,....Overnite/UPSF organized,....nationwide,...in about 8 months. The threat of employer coercion was removed from the Overnite employees, and they were able to freely vote in what they truly wanted. The canard that a "secret" ballot somehow invalidates a persons' freedom of choice, or that Unions would "strong-arm" people into signing cards is the desperate last argument left to employers who don't want their employees to organize. They have to accuse Unions of potentially threatening and coercing employees, when we all know, ...ESPECIALLY if we look at the archives of NLRB cases,....that these are the very same tactics the employers themselves have been accused,...tried,...and CONVICTED of. Exactly how, do you think, passage of the Employees Free Choice Act will have an impact, on the amount of insulting language between Union employees , and the potentially Union employees?

Hate fest is suspicious? So you really believe no Teamster would abuse card check?

Freedom of speech has nothing to do with Card Check. The First Amendment protects us from government restricting our right to Freedom of speech. Not from an employer.

Card Check violates the benefit of a secret ballot. Pure and simple.

I now see why your post count is so high....most if not all are meaningless.....

He genius, do you even think before you type?

I've been a member since 06.

And btw, look below.

Hate fest is suspicious? So you really believe no Teamster would abuse card check?

Freedom of speech has nothing to do with Card Check. The First Amendment protects us from government restricting our right to Freedom of speech. Not from an employer.

Card Check violates the benefit of a secret ballot. Pure and simple.

I think the incidences of Teamsters potentially abusing card check provisions would be infinitesimal compared to the potential of employers to use coercion.....up to violation of laws......to prevent an organization effort. Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Press freedom of choice of religion,.....the Right for redress of Grievances from the Government,.....and the Right of the People to peaceably Assemble,.....which is where all of our Rights to belong to a Union stem from, due to various Labor Board , and Supreme Court rulings. Would you say that companies.....employers.....would like to limit their employees' Right to peaceably assemble? Constitutional Rights don't end at the time clock. Under the Card Check provisions of the Employees Free Choice Act, any Employer that contests the validity of the cards signed in question,...immediately gets to have a secret ballot,....which pretty much invalidates any employers claims of coercion by the Union if the election stands. And that would be pure and simple, too.

It looks like time for a reasonable suspicion drug test to me.

I guess ol' stonehead had to step out to run his mini.

Your right princess, this is just another rant who is also delusional

Delusional disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Drama queen - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I just want you to understand just exactly what you come off as..

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't mean to be childish but I'm a road driver I can not vote yes to the subs but I'm only one vote. I'm sure the yes votes will prevail but it will be without my vote.

Stony you were a no vote I guess you changed your mind at some point.

Stoney must have come out from under the desk for air and had time to blog......get back under the desk stoney. ( yes ,very childish blog)

EFCA was just another broken promise by Obama. There was no way in hell card check in it's original language would have been passed by even a democratic senate. It never even came to vote. To expect any rich democrat to vote for bill that would allow union recognition without a secret ballot is truly stupid. Nobody in Washington cares about unions not even Obama but he did count on their vote.

Obama is the smartest liar ever to make the big time. If left up to Obama he would pass it even tho it was probably unconstitutional like his latest appointments to the NLRB were ruled unconstitutional by a federal judge. No government should be able to force a company to hire labor at $24.00 an hour when the company is not willing to pay half that much.

Some people like unions some don't. That's a given. To each his own. I doubt there were few OverNiters that like the teamsters. If one doesn't like the teamsters or doesn't want to be in union that's fine stay away, stay with your nonunion company.
But to work for a company like ABF and have the audacity to call fellow workers union pukes is remarkable. The ultimate insult

it's freakin treason!!

Your right princess, this is just another rant who is also delusional

Delusional disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Drama queen - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I just want you to understand just exactly what you come off as..

What's childish, is that you and the others making a joke about this post instead of discussing the points I made.
I find it very telling of your character.
You always place these Webster definitions, but never explain how it relates.
Care to tell me where or how I'm delusional?
And like in abother post of yours, you say you don't see the need of childish insults, then you go on and insult.