ABF | STONEY HAS LOST HIS MIND!!!....uh no...

I don't think so. First you need Teamster job, then you pay initiation fees, then dues. Lose job and you are supposed to get withdraw card but you can continue to pay dues for a bit the keep current.

Really? The Overniters didn't have a union job when they signed a card and attempted to organize Overnite.

Brother Slavenomore makes a good point, though. And,...we can only presume that the ATA doesn't have a strategy with their member employers to control wages. Evidence shows that groups like ALEC have a national strategy for Right-To-Work laws, and De-unionization of public employees. Who's to say that the Chamber of Commerce isn't acting as a group when they contribute to an anti-Union politician? They seem to do that a lot, and I haven't heard of a business angrily renouncing their Chamber of Commerce membership because of conflicts with the Chambers' political views and actions. The employers of this Nation seem to be better organized than working people.

Brother Slavenomore makes a good point, though. And,...we can only presume that the ATA doesn't have a strategy with their member employers to control wages. Evidence shows that groups like ALEC have a national strategy for Right-To-Work laws, and De-unionization of public employees. Who's to say that the Chamber of Commerce isn't acting as a group when they contribute to an anti-Union politician? They seem to do that a lot, and I haven't heard of a business angrily renouncing their Chamber of Commerce membership because of conflicts with the Chambers' political views and actions. The employers of this Nation seem to be better organized than working people.
Absolutely they are more organized. They spend their entire waking hours trying to maximize profits where employees try to spend thier time making a living and trying to live their life. Most workers I think just want to be paid a living wage and be left alone. That right there stacks the deck against us. Its, at the same time, why unions are necessary and why they are failing.

The ATA, Heritage Foundation, Chamber of Commerce don't negotiate for wages and benefits.

Slave, there is no vote required to join a union. Anyone at anytime can go down to the local union hall and sign a union card, pay the initiation fees and take the oath. No vote is required for that.

The ATA, Heritage and chambers of commerce all lobby washington and participate in legislations and donations and endorsements of certain policies and candidates and laws which most probablly ultimatelly affect their members acquisition of capital. The union does the same. And since the scales are tipped so far in the directions of employers over the last 30 to 40 years or more i think the organising or joining of the unions needs major overhaul.......Stoney seems to worry about some kind of respect for the secrwet ballot, yet the whole concept of voting wether or not a union is allowed in, is a sham under right-to-work....What is the fairness of even voting when a RTW guy gets his way no matter how the vote goes.....the pro-union guy doesn't get that, yet the RTW guy does.....that is a total sham.......If ya want RTW,then a new clause should be added. One that says if the union is voted down, then the Pro-union guys get to be in the union anyways...and if it can be enforced legally that a RTW gets most the stuff dues paying guys get even though he dont pay dues, then it too could be enforced that the Pro- union guys, in a vote where the union lost, get what they wanted anyways, such as maybe union pay and bennies...ya cant have a law just in favor of the one guys freedom....ya have to have it for both.

I think some kind of new system need to be worked out....I think it is way too unfair in favor of employer and anti-unions now...this whole vote thing takes way too long and is wrong...a new system needs to be made....its unsafe anyways for unions anymore....its too easy to single out employers and sink them depleating our numbers....maybe we should not have to orhganoze by employer...maybe just be able to join and get payrayes for our type of job set by the union or something, woiothout discrimination....and then if a company has 51% join without vote..a whole contract is written up or something...just an idea...we need something new..the present system is unfair and unhelthy for too many employees. IMO