Yellow | Stupidity

You are delusional! Yellow and Roadway seniority lists were dovetailed because that is what the NMFA called for. You should have read Article 5, the language is not hard to understand.
Reread, also says dovetail has to be done within 5 years.

If a manager from one of the companies says, "It is getting better" "We expected bumps" "We are applying lessons learned in the east". They are lying or do not know any better. We do not know how to fix it and are only hoping it gets better. If some of your brothers come back from the west with horror stories. Believe them. #FirethePres #VoteNo
I can tell you that I’ve had Munchkin and Gibson costumers asking for empty 53 and dispatch be saying “they only requested for 1 pallet pick up” or whatever they requested. Instead of being like you know what we will send a driver asap. We have drivers being sent to the dock and yard and not picking up all the freight. I have a route with a pup the last 2 days and sent me to costumers that probably could’ve filled a 53 easy. Dispatch or idk who doesn’t want to pick up all the freight. I literally was going back and forth with dispatch that I can pick up the freight, I would go back to the yard and get a empty 53 for the costumer and they just said no. At this point, what can we do? We try to bring work for everyone but if they keep saying “we will pick it up tomorrow or whenever we can” no wonder Home Depot is cutting Yellow little by little in the west. I see Estes rolling up at some warehouses we picked up a lot from, (furniture for Home Depot) and coming in 2 truck at a time the same day taking all that Home Depot freight. For that costumer as well once had 13 pallet I believe for us and costumer said to give him about 30 mins to get it all ready and that costumer is quick but dispatch again said no.

I can tell you that I’ve had Munchkin and Gibson costumers asking for empty 53 and dispatch be saying “they only requested for 1 pallet pick up” or whatever they requested. Instead of being like you know what we will send a driver asap. We have drivers being sent to the dock and yard and not picking up all the freight. I have e a route with a pup the last 2 days and sent me to costumers that probably could’ve filled a 53 easy. Dispatch or idk who doesn’t want to pick up all the freight. I literally was going back and forth with dispatch that I can pick up the freight, I would go back to the yard and get a empty 53 for the costumer and they just said no. At this point, what can we do? We try to bring work for everyone but if they keep saying “we will pick it up tomorrow or whenever we can” no wonder Home Depot is cutting Yellow little by little in the west. I see Estes rolling up at some warehouses we picked up a lot from, (furniture for Home Depot) and coming in 2 truck at a time the same day taking all that Home Depot freight. For that costumer as well once had 13 pallet I believe for us and costumer said to give him about 30 mins to get it all ready and that costumer is quick but dispatch again said no.
Brother, there is a reason for that, it's unprofitable freight, furniture, they are a lot of residentials with liftgate requests, very easy to damage , long undesirable boxes, at the end there's a loss when moving that kind of freight. No enough equipment either to move the wave of online residentials. Give it to the competitors for now, until they pay higher rates for the service.:poke:

local 170 Worcester ma. Union meeting today pertaining to change of opps.They had zero information terminal manager has zero information.This is a freaking debacle they will layoff 10 of our drivers so a terminal 50 miles away is taking our freight 10 miles away.Stupid stupid stupid
Ohhh you guys haven’t seen anything yet lol it’s going to get crazy lol out west still a disaster. Can’t get ahold of anyone in CDO. Phones just ring and ring. Sometimes you get correct pay sometimes you don’t. Equipment doesn’t match up on your dispatch. YRC trailers can’t use Reddaway gears. Reddaway trailers can’t use YRC gears. Hahaha you guys have no idea what’s coming your way.

Brother, there is a reason for that, it's unprofitable freight, furniture, they are a lot of residentials with liftgate requests, very easy to damage , long undesirable boxes, at the end there's a loss when moving that kind of freight. No enough equipment either to move the wave of online residentials. Give it to the competitors for now, until they pay higher rates for the service.:poke:
Maybe so. So we lay-off drivers because freight is ugly? Brother this company is not attractive at all. Maybe to those who have disaster driving records. Or in a part of the country with my a lot of options. But I can guarantee you will lose drivers and never replace them in a lot of markets out here. Somebody on this site said something that I quite enjoyed. “Yellow will lose enough drivers and workers to be able to handle the freight that they have been able to retain“. There’s nothing like being the number to LTL carrier and screwing up so bad that you become the number six LTL carrier. ThThere’s nothing like being a number to LTL carrier and screwing up so bad that you become the number six LTL carrier. That’s what’s going to happen…

If a manager from one of the companies says, "It is getting better" "We expected bumps" "We are applying lessons learned in the east". They are lying or do not know any better. We do not know how to fix it and are only hoping it gets better. If some of your brothers come back from the west with horror stories. Believe them. #FirethePres #VoteNo
ABSOLUTELY TRUE… Utah driver here. I can vouch for this.

??? Care to explain why?
I want to know the reason as well. The only thing that comes to mind is that Reddaway trailers all have a pintle ram on the trailers. Shouldn’t be a problem even with a gear that has the ram on the dolly eye. However, if the Yellow trailers are set up with no ram on the trailer pintle, and no ram on the gear that Reddaway has, that could be the problem

I want to know the reason as well. The only thing that comes to mind is that Reddaway trailers all have a pintle ram on the trailers. Shouldn’t be a problem even with a gear that has the ram on the dolly eye. However, if the Yellow trailers are set up with no ram on the trailer pintle, and no ram on the gear that Reddaway has, that could be the problem
Send those trailers to Slave.

Yes that’s correct. Reddaway trailers have pintle air rams and YRC trailers don’t. YRC gears have air rams on their gears. Ok fine I get the safety of proper air rams too cut out slop wiggle lol the problem is you can run double air rams. Nope not here. YRC bought a bunch of trailers with air rams but cut the air to rams. YRC bought a bunch of new gears for use with Reddaway trailers lol nope can’t get dispatched with gears. How are you supposed to move freight with out proper equipment. Either too many Reddaway gears or too many YRC gears. Never equal amounts. I know it’s small potatoes but it still blows.

Yes that’s correct. Reddaway trailers have pintle air rams and YRC trailers don’t. YRC gears have air rams on their gears. Ok fine I get the safety of proper air rams too cut out slop wiggle lol the problem is you can run double air rams. Nope not here. YRC bought a bunch of trailers with air rams but cut the air to rams. YRC bought a bunch of new gears for use with Reddaway trailers lol nope can’t get dispatched with gears. How are you supposed to move freight with out proper equipment. Either too many Reddaway gears or too many YRC gears. Never equal amounts. I know it’s small potatoes but it still blows.
Roadway used Jiff equipment and that was eventually phased out after the merge. Patience grasshopper!