TForce | TA highlights

IMG_2135.md.jpegAs you can clearly see in the blurry copy of the new contract:

Drivers are allowed to punch in “On Property” !!
Be sure to use it often. And keep a copy of the contract on you at all times.

There are many more tidbits in the new contract !

i think we are all (company, teamster leaders, members etc.) missing something:

WHAT ABOUT THE ELECTRIC PALLET JACKS......?

1) MLK day? Big whoop. Not trying to downplay what Martin Luther King did, and what he stood for, but big whoop-de-do here.....

2) $1.70 initial bump, and then .70 every year or something like that......? Not only is that not THAT good, your health is just as important IF NOT MORE IMPORTANT than money.

3) Now, we've all done the 2000lbs pallets on grounds that aren't completely flat and smooth. Enough said here, i'm exhausted right now.

4) Five years later, you'll still be manually pushing 2000lb pallets. So, we'll be making $35 in five years.......AND still using a manual pallet jack.

5) If T-force is supposedly that good, and "all that," then why do Estes, Pyle, R+L, and probably others that i can't think of ALREADY HAVE ELECTRIC JACKS?

6) T-FORCE IS APPEARING UNETHICAL: Of course we know about the non-existant "customer service" problem we presently have. But do you think, based on previous actions (inactions really....) that the company gives a plop about you and your health?
a) i think Keith is coming off as a phony, go-with-the flow, yes man sheep. i think to be fair, we should give him a chance to prove/dis-prove himself. But so far, not looking that good......

7) Let's face it: The most strenuous part of the P+D job is probably pushing very heavy pallets. Things like Lakeshore, while annoying and time consuming is not THAT strenuous if we're being honest here.

8) Any pallet above 600 lbs goes against OSHA regulations.

I SAY VOTE NO UNTIL ELECTRIC, OR POWERED PALLET JACKS.
YOUR HEALTH IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THE MONEY, BENEFITS, GOVERNED SPEED (70 still isn't good enough....) etc. IF NOT MORE IMPORTANT.

TO TEAMSTER LEADERSHIP THAT MAY BE READING THIS:

i propose, which is fair to the company and members:

1) Each end-of-the-line terminal gets 2 electric jacks per bid.

2) Each mini-hub, or similar sized terminal, gets 5 jacks per bid.

3) Each hub (i.e., grumpyburg, gaffney etc.) gets 7 new jacks per bid.

So, essentially, every 6 months we get new jacks. Using the above scheduling, the company is not hit so hard with a large cash outlay. Yet, we can make a rather fast implimentation for P+D drivers.

a) The jacks are allocated for the most senior drivers first and so on.

I SAY VOTE NO BASED ON THIS VERY TOPIC.

THIS IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS ANY OF THE NEW TENTATIVE POINTS OF THE NEW CONTRACT IF NOT MORE IMPORTANT.

Thank you.

Electric jacks are useless on anything but smooth firm ground. If it is too heavy? Bring it back. No way to unload.

So, essentially, every 6 months we get new jacks. Using the above scheduling, the company is not hit so hard with a large cash outlay. Yet, we can make a rather fast implimentation for P+D drivers.

THIS IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS ANY OF THE NEW TENTATIVE POINTS OF THE NEW CONTRACT IF NOT MORE IMPORTANT.

Thank you.
Did you put that in your contract proposal?

Thank you.
But if customers

Thank you.
But if you get an electric pallet jack it will look like you aren’t working as hard so the customers won’t feel the need to tip you so that would screw with your tip tally and, also, you would become more efficient at your job and your run time would be less so when you post your check it wouldn’t look as big. The company is really just helping you financially by not providing an electric pallet jack.

I have a question on section 1 article 4. It covers companies acquired by TFI. It says the new company will automatically fall under our contract and employees be endtailed. Let's just say TFI did buy ABF. Whould that mean they come in under our contract and endtail? Is there language in the ABF contract that prevents that from happening?

I have a question on section 1 article 4. It covers companies acquired by TFI. It says the new company will automatically fall under our contract and employees be endtailed. Let's just say TFI did buy ABF. Whould that mean they come in under our contract and endtail? Is there language in the ABF contract that prevents that from happening?
It says unless determined otherwise be change of operations committee. If TFI were to buy ABF, I’m assuming the Change of Operations Committee would dovetail them

Don’t think it will happen anyway… what about different medical and pension?? They gonna have guy’s doing the same work and half have better medical and pension? Why have that language “endtail” in the contract if they can just change it! The last thing we need is more crap language in our contract

Don’t think it will happen anyway… what about different medical and pension?? They gonna have guy’s doing the same work and half have better medical and pension? Why have that language “endtail” in the contract if they can just change it! The last thing we need is more crap language in our contract
End tail is probably more specifically geared towards non union companies. It’s in there so if TFI let’s say buys Dayton Freight, Estes, or another non union carrier the employees automatically all become teamsters that end tail into wherever they go and that’s more members and money for the union

Last edited:
End tail is probably more specifically geared towards non union companies. It’s in there so if TFI let’s say buys Dayton Freight, Estes, or another non union carrier the employees automatically all become teamsters that end rail into wherever they go and that’s more members and money for the union
It is for non-union carriers.
That is why the talk of TFI buying ABF isn't really plausible. Creates a whole bunch of problems that they could easily avoid by just buying a non-union company.
And they can get the company they intend to purchase to do a lot of things before the purchase went through to avoid any Union scrutiny.

“a) The jacks are allocated for the most senior drivers first and so on.”

Seniority has never been used to determine where/who equipment was to be used by.

Kris Taylor specified if tforce bought a NON UNION carrier and merged us they would endtail,....No mention of
a purchase of a union carrier,

“a) The jacks are allocated for the most senior drivers first and so on.”

Seniority has never been used to determine where/who equipment was to be used by.
It may not say that in the language of the contract, but seniority IS used to determine equipment assignments at some terminals.

Alright, it's probably too late at this point and i'm like a voice in the wilderness at this point. But hear me out:

1) What is the most strenuous thing a P+D driver does? Actually what is the most strenuous thing THAT ANYONE DOES IN THE COMPANY?

i would argue, and unless you can come up with something else, that pushing heavy pallets, or attempting to move heavy pallets is the most strenuous thing IN THE WHOLE COMPANY.
(one possible exception is positioning a converter dolly by hand......maybe)

This is not good for your health. In 5 years, we will STILL be moving pallets manually. Meanwhile, Estes, Pyle, R+L and others have already had electric jacks for years. Yet, we're "supposedly" a top LTL carrier....?

2) IF YOU'RE STRAINING, IT'S TOO HEAVY. Wake up! The company is treating us like sheep. Stop being a sheep. You're a human being dammit.

3) i don't see pallets getting any lighter. If anything, they're getting heavier. Heavier pallets = more $$$. So, i don't see this changing.

Really, it seems like the road drivers really "won" big with the new proposal. Everything else, i'm not saying it's a terrible proposal, but i don't think it's that good.

YOUR HEALTH IS JUST AS IMPORTANT, IF NOT MORE IMPORTANT THAN MONEY. Your back goes out, you can't make any money.