TForce | Teamster health insurance

7oakacres

TB Lurker
Credits
What is this insurance like? How much approx per week? What does it cover? Deductible? Is there any information on this anywhere? I'm sure I am not the only one on here that would like to know what we are gaining or even losing.

Ken Hall mentioned this in the last conference call on 03/23/2013. When asked, if we would be under the same plan as the other (master) freight companys, he stated that it was one of the options being considered. Which means we may get the same plan as Master Freight or Package or we may fall under another plan. Not much detail other than it was being considered. I would think it depends how much UPS is willing to pay for each Freight employee to be covered.

The Teamster plans vary across the country. ABF and YRC employees pay nothing in weekly copays anywhere. My plan has deductibles and office visit copays. It offers Blue Cross PPO and Aetna HMO options. Dental and vision is included. The dental is good, vision pathetic. I don't see why you should have anything taken out of your paycheck for your health insurance given the financial state of UPS and what we get. I hope this helps you out a little.

Ken Hall mentioned this in the last conference call on 03/23/2013. When asked, if we would be under the same plan as the other (master) freight companys, he stated that it was one of the options being considered. Which means we may get the same plan as Master Freight or Package or we may fall under another plan. Not much detail other than it was being considered. I would think it depends how much UPS is willing to pay for each Freight employee to be covered.

If they want to move us to to that plan you can believe one thing. We won't be gaining...

If they want to move us to to that plan you can believe one thing. We won't be gaining...
What are your weekly copays now? Maybe stick with what you have at no cost to you would be the right choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are your weekly copays now? Maybe stick with what you have at no cost to you would be the right choice.

For Myself,Wife And Son (age 20) I pay 34.62 weekly. UPS proposed raising it to 90 dollars weekly and increasing to 130 weekly by the end of the contract. With no wage increase. They offered a lump sum payment instead of a raise.

For Myself,Wife And Son (age 20) I pay 34.62 weekly. UPS proposed raising it to 90 dollars weekly and increasing to 130 weekly by the end of the contract. With no wage increase. They offered a lump sum payment instead of a raise.

This is all tactics UPS uses in contract talks. Their offers are so outlandish that when they offer another deal it won't look so bad. We got news for the company and the union this is not INDY...

Their tactics seem to be working. Package workers to fall under Union insurance plan. Question is will the Union come back in a year or two and say we need to pony up to help pay the premiums.????

Their tactics seem to be working. Package workers to fall under Union insurance plan. Question is will the Union come back in a year or two and say we need to pony up to help pay the premiums.????

Parcel won't go for it... They are not UPSF...

When we were overnite we used to get a lump sum payment ant the end of the year called a saftey bonus. BEWARE the lump sum. The government taxes it at 65% , Gift tax, not the norm 31%. So if they say 500$ you may only see 200$ (est) of it.

When we were overnite we used to get a lump sum payment ant the end of the year called a saftey bonus. BEWARE the lump sum. The government taxes it at 65% , Gift tax, not the norm 31%. So if they say 500$ you may only see 200$ (est) of it.

Let's see a lump sum instead of a raise. This is embarrassing why bring it up here. This is just a lame brain stupid tactic that a idiot proposed.

I've been here 35 yrs and have only gotten a lump sum payment one time in lieu of an overall raise. Overnite always gave a raise each year. They sometimes went 14 months between raises but they never missed giving one each calender year. The safety bonus was not considered part of the annual raise because not everyone qualified for it.

I've been here 35 yrs and have only gotten a lump sum payment one time in lieu of an overall raise. Overnite always gave a raise each year. They sometimes went 14 months between raises but they never missed giving one each calender year. The safety bonus was not considered part of the annual raise because not everyone qualified for it.

Never missed a raise...

I wouldn't worry to much about the insurance right now there is still a lot to be discussed before we get a voteable contract. As for paying more for the ins I might be willing to pay more but only if there is a complete outside contractor ban. Of course just for back round on my comment here I worked for several different trucking companies in the last 10 years including overnite, and several truck load carriers. The ins we paid at jbhunt for a family was $150+ for a family and that came with a $2500 deductible not to mention the pay sucked. Just thought I would throw that in for where the company is coming from. I however won't vote for them to raise the amount we pay for ins enless likr I said there is a complete ban on contractors with no loop holes. And I hate to inform the company but no one I know of at HRS is going to let this even make it to a vote currently.

BA came by our office this morning to tell us it has been proposed that we join the union healthcare plan. Basically he stopped by to tell us that he knows nothing of what is going on

BA came by our office this morning to tell us it has been proposed that we join the union healthcare plan. Basically he stopped by to tell us that he knows nothing of what is going on

Can you tell me laid off 90% what the union healthcare plan is and how it's better or worse than what we have?

Don't know either way. A couple of guys asked the BA for more info and he said that he was not able to give us any info, just that it was a proposal. One driver did ask if it was the same as the central states plan??? BA said it was similar.

No I don't know anything about the central states plan either.

Just wondering why there was not a proposal to get the same benefits as parcel. Would think that insurance plan would want more participants. More income.
Ups says that we are ALL UPS, but every chance they get, they try to segregate us as much as possible.

Don't know either way. A couple of guys asked the BA for more info and he said that he was not able to give us any info, just that it was a proposal. One driver did ask if it was the same as the central states plan??? BA said it was similar.

No I don't know anything about the central states plan either.

Just wondering why there was not a proposal to get the same benefits as parcel. Would think that insurance plan would want more participants. More income.
Ups says that we are ALL UPS, but every chance they get, they try to segregate us as much as possible.

if its true that they offered to release us to the teamster plan we will. they were offered release to the teamster plan earlier in negotiations.
they segregate us so much because small pack makes billions in profits a year, freight no so mutch...

Yes, They know that won't happen. If you sell your house you aren't going to start with a lowest price possible. You going to ask for a price way above the value of the house knowing you won't even come close to it. If you are smart. So we might see some pretty outrageous offers before it's all over...

Teamster health plans vary across the country-each area is different. In my area we have Blue Cross PPO or Aetna HMO, our choice. We have copays at the doctors' offices and deductibles in the PPO, different charges apply with the HMO but it is cheaper than PPO. In my area UPS does not participate in Teamsters health plans, they have their own and I believe it is a better plan.